The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I dunno... I feel that cross-allegiance alliances should be rare, and exceptional circumstances. Give them rules and we'd be seeing them all the time. 

Exceptional circumstances... like Skaven pulling a chunk of their literal sub-realm into a main realm :P?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ookami said:

It actually says that:

Endless spells and invocations are still in the mix – but instead of spending points to add endless spells when constructing an army, you can pick a manifestation lore. This grants access to a selection of endless spells and invocations that you’ll be able to summon in battle. 

Which I understood as endless spells will have their own lore, which you also pick. But do you pick it instead or in addition - yeah, that's the question. I think it's too powerful to pick both and players should opt for one of them. Maybe thematic endless spells will be included in one of the army lores, but who knows.

That quote just says endless spells don't cost points anymore, not really anything about mixing them with regular spells.

I would assume that since Spell Lores and Manifestation Lords are different categories, they don't make you choose which type you want. I wonder if the enhancement system is still around, because that would be one way to limit access that they could use.

12 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Anyone else noticed there is no longer orruk warclan keyword ? 

IMG_7422.jpeg

Maybe Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are going to be their own thing now that Bonesplitterz are gone? I at least assume that  both of them where to keep their seperate army rules in 4th 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

Maybe Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are going to be their own thing now that Bonesplitterz are gone? I at least assume that  both of them where to keep their seperate army rules in 4th 

Also, one thing could be in the BT and another thing in the indexes. Would be weird, but not crazy.

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Would make sense given how we have been moving away from cross faction models over the course of 3rd.

42 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Magic and Prayers preview, along with a couple more Warscrolls. 

Wizards and Priests now functioning somewhat differently in their mechanics I think is really cool.

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpgu4mXbCrHLjWOxj8o.jpg

I do not like armies having to pick a single spell lore, that's a huge step down in theming and flavor. LRL are built around having a generic lore of light vs all the unique elemental lores, and many other armies have similar divides. Orcs for example, you'll have to basically choose between Ironjawz and KB magic for your entire army instead of having dedicated support pieces.

28ddcT0MXhcwwqTV.jpg.ea41b45a4de549fff4496df0300e6473.jpg

Really liking the new shaman scroll. Can get them to a power lvl 2 pretty easily. 6 armor save from 5 hurts but maybe if the wrekkaz and ragerz don't get consolidated wrekkaz may become a shaman bodyguard type unit instead. 🤔

And if the orruk clans are separated these weirdos become our only shooting. 🤘🤪🤘

• Like 2

Just now, Nezzhil said:

Worst day of my life.

As someone with a motley assortment of Bonesplitters, Ironjawz, and KB, I feel your pain. The largest part of my orc collection was outright removed from the game, and I can't even cobble my leftovers into an army anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, madmac said:

As someone with a motley assortment of Bonesplitters, Ironjawz, and KB, I feel your pain. The largest part of my orc collection was outright removed from the game, and I can't even cobble my leftovers into an army anymore.

I have 6k Bonesplitterz points too.

• Sad 1

Endless spells for free (points) just seems like " you will be at a competitive disadvantage unless you spend money on this specific thing" regardless of how you want to build up your army. Pay to win? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I mentioned this in the other thread, but the preview makes no mention of the magic "module."  So is this the "module" you use with PtG and Matched Play and the Core rules have no magic system?  Or is this the core system and there is some other "module" we'll be using for PtG and Matched Play?  

Looks good. It's a shame that the chosen lore has to be per army and not per wizard like in TOW.

Also, looking at that Slaughterpriest, I hoped for a bit more survivability for characters on foot, but it doesn't look promising. A Kroxigor only has to look at the Slaughterpriest and the Slaughterpriest is dead.

It seems that AoS 4th edition will be very, very lethal. Nothing will last long in melee combat.

Edit: The damage output of the Slaughterpriest is not really impressive compared to the Weirnob Shaman 😞 Sigh, He is a warrior priest of Khorne...

Edited by Tonhel

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

?

If you didn't have a fully built out Ironjawz or KB army, you're kinda boned with this move, and Warclans was a soup for two editions, so that's a lot of people playing orcs over the last six years.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

If you didn't have a fully built out Ironjawz or KB army, you're kinda boned with this move, and Warclans was a soup for two editions, so that's a lot of people playing orcs over the last six years.

Got it. 👍

I'll take the boning if it means more support for each individual clan. 

• Like 2

I like that the whole spell lore is available to my wizards with manifestations on top, and while I don't have any priests they sound pretty thematic.

Hoping the lack of Orruk Warclans keyword means Ironjawz and Kruleboyz get their own dedicated battletomes in 4th edition and it's not just an index thing. I don't think they did a good job with balancing them and Big Waaagh at the same time.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 6

Made it happier than I thought it would to see Bloodbound stay as a keyword. Thought Blades of Khorne would have absorbed it(will ascended Khul make Bloodbound great again?! 😄)

Also the Ironjawz shaman warscroll was the biggest highlight(besides seeing Endless Spells mostly remaining the same besides becoming a lore). Green vomit projectile got a great laugh out of me and very nice to see “Ironjawz” untouched.

I’m definitely in camp separate battletomes since it means expanding the armies and balancing them better as they’re focused on separately(instead of “cripple Krule melee because they have Ironjawz”).

Though we need to see how it pans out, but if Big Waaagh is gone at least there’s always the possibility of ally options(auxiliaries?) to mix them back for people using that force.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I like that the whole spell lore is available to my wizards with manifestations on top, and while I don't have any priests they sound pretty thematic.

Hoping the lack of Orruk Warclans keyword means Ironjawz and Kruleboyz get their own dedicated battletomes in 4th edition and it's not just an index thing. I don't think they did a good job with balancing them and Big Waaagh at the same time.

The problem is that as has been pointed out there are presumably people who have bought painted and played exclusively with Big Waagh. Suddenly their army is gone and they're left with two half armies. 

One possible bright side is that Nagash has different warscrolls for different factions. 

One way of fixing the balance issue is having an ironjawz version of a scroll and a big waagh version of a scroll which can be pointed differently. 

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

One way of fixing the balance issue is having an ironjawz version of a scroll and a big waagh version of a scroll which can be pointed differently. 

Doesn't something similar to this happen with various Tzaangor units depending on if they are in Slaves, Beasts or Disciples?

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The problem is that as has been pointed out there are presumably people who have bought painted and played exclusively with Big Waagh. Suddenly their army is gone and they're left with two half armies. 

One possible bright side is that Nagash has different warscrolls for different factions. 

I mean their army probably got gutted anyway because BSZ is being discontinued from AOS regardless. (Especially the Wurrgog Prophet who had a specific role in BW)