The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Thats true, but keep in mind that Teclis won, because of power of friendship..we all read that book..Teclis was about to die, but then GW realizie they cant kill Teclis so earlier, so they pulled deux ex machina luminarks out of their ass

i mean it's not like they were writing off-the-cuff the whole time, they definitely knew they wanted Teclis to defeat Nagash albeit with some scars.  they very much so didn't just write the first 3/4ths of the book by accident and then panic because they accidentally had written one of the main characters into a hole. 

the tides being reversed when things look most grim for one side is like the most basic storytelling device ever, and it makes since to have that as an ambush in the context of a battle.  That's not even that the things used in the ambush are something Teclis has a history with, or that Teclis is the god of the braniacs so of course he'd try and outsmart Nagash.  it's a little convenient but we're not exactly looking for Melville in our wargame lol.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Screenshot_2024-03-31-17-06-24-57_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Annnnd there it is.

Standalone release of the Wildercorps Hunters and Gorger Mawpack also.

Here on Warhammer Community, we’ll have a closer look at the Blood Bowl Gnomes, new Dawnbringers fiction and, of course, lots more about the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Make sure to check back every day for the latest news and updates.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

SKIRMISH WEEK YAYY

Can't wait for Sylvaneth vs Ossiarch to be released, re-reading the Warcry Core Book we really should get inside the Eye of Chotec ruins for this edition's last year (with some nice 2D board) ...

Btw, the stand alone Warcry scenery release for the Seraphon Pylon contains a platform that wasn't included in the Scales of Talaxis box ?!

• Like 1

Btw guys, do you think GW will finish off all the bands for Ghur thematic or the rest will go to the next edition? I can see that KO can confront Skaven and open Aqshy theme (dark engineers vs sky ones amidst some volcanic mines terrain), Idoneth vs Slaanesh? Beastmen vs Gloomspite gitz maybe? Also interesting what happens after all warbands are released. Will they give factions more of them, or focus on some specific factions like it was for StD in the early days of Warcry.

Edited by Ookami
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Btw guys, do you think GW will finish off all the bands for Ghur thematic or the rest will go to the next edition? I can see that KO can confront Skaven and open Aqshy theme (dark engineers vs sky ones amidst some volcanic mines terrain), Idoneth vs Slaanesh? Beastmen vs Gloomspite gitz maybe? Also interesting what happens after all warbands are released. Will they give factions more of them, or focus on some specific factions like it was for StD in the early days of Warcry.

I think'll they'll give some factions multiple warbands. Take for instance Votann from 40k, who got two seperate Kill Teams with the Hearthkyn Salvagers and Hernkyn Yaegirs. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Annnnd there it is.

Standalone release of the Wildercorps Hunters and Gorger Mawpack also.

Here on Warhammer Community, we’ll have a closer look at the Blood Bowl Gnomes, new Dawnbringers fiction and, of course, lots more about the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Make sure to check back every day for the latest news and updates.

So news on a April fool mini? or Grombrindal mini?

I'm assuming this will be the last Dawnbringer fiction probably just Abraxia story and her dealing madness curse

With the Gorger Mawpack now standalone so begins the Ogor refresh 

more news on the edition would just me more rule side thing i guess which im a guinea pig on pig pen when comes to that sorta thing 

Edited by Dragon-knight77

35 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So news on a April fool mini? or Grombrindal mini?

I'm assuming this will be the last Dawnbringer fiction probably just Abraxia story and her dealing madness curse

With the Gorger Mawpack now standalone so begins the Ogor refresh 

more news on the edition would just me more rule side thing i guess which im a guinea pig on pig pen when comes to that sorta thing 

We only got two fictions for book 6. So far all of them got 5 apart from book 4 which got 4. They normally announce the preorder the week before the last fiction or second to last.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

SKIRMISH WEEK YAYY

Can't wait for Sylvaneth vs Ossiarch to be released, re-reading the Warcry Core Book we really should get inside the Eye of Chotec ruins for this edition's last year (with some nice 2D board) ...

Btw, the stand alone Warcry scenery release for the Seraphon Pylon contains a platform that wasn't included in the Scales of Talaxis box ?!

This one?

image.png.220ef78fd34beb811cbeb1cdd2ec5b3f.png

4 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is it me, or you could easily kitbash the new Mandrakes into sick looking AoS models for use in a DOK army or even as Chaos elves ?

Or even as something for CoS. When I look at them I see I am not prepared.

The Amateur Hero | Rick Ellrod's Observatory

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Is it me, or you could easily kitbash the new Mandrakes into sick looking AoS models for use in a DOK army or even as Chaos elves ?

In 40k lore, they might be Eldar/Warp spawns (I don't know how , and I don't want to know!) or Eldar were felling too deep in a corrupted Web part, or something like that. So it's definitly something linked to warp 

Oh...wait a minute ! We have a race of SHADOW DAEMONS and a Warcry warband of DoK possessed by SHADOW Daemons ! It's unexpected ! 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I was just thinking that, there's nothing that I can see on them that shows them as 40k. 

1 hour ago, Ookami said:

Btw guys, do you think GW will finish off all the bands for Ghur thematic

Would be super cool for destro to get some more. They're lagging behind with only two and even being a krule -fan- boy I felt theirs was super lackluster. Not to mention  being set in Ghur which is pretty much destro home field kind of feels neglectful.

The gorgers, and a few others, on the other hand knocked out of the park!

Gitmob would be my choice. 

Ar the beginning of this season of warcry I was so very much hoping we'd get a box or two of monsters like how chaos got in season one that could be taken across different factions. Meh. 

I still think world events impacted third editions direction pretty good. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Ok i know it weird but since the Ydrilan riverblades are coming out i just realize that the helm of the Riverblade commander helm which has that long braid is meant to complete Kelpie/Hippocampus look at an angle

1711903614978609.png.965eda3b38b0d5d4e5cc269eb41af45e.png

Lol. True. Beast problem, from the river temple, solved.