The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

The background of this pictures is as interesting as the actual model: 2 big kits we've not seen yet for nighthaunt I reckon...  Mortarch of Grief on the right and some monster wraith on the left?

That king model is amazing.  I love it!

Also, GW are real jerks for dropping those silhouettes into the background...

Just now, Skabnoze said:

That king model is amazing.  I love it!

Also, GW are real jerks for dropping those silhouettes into the background...

I think It part of their marketing strategy to tease their customer's feeling when possible

• Haha 1

Maybe the Mortarch of Grief is a resurrected elven goddess, like Lileath.

Take take, soul-stealer Teclis. Your goodess is a sad sad thrall of Nagash now. :)

or the two shadows are Vlad and Isabella.

Edited by Sleboda

I would like to see Vlad and Isabella come back in some form.  I would be cool with them being spirits now.  That would be neat.

Also, they should bring Gobbla back as a giant killer ghost squig.  It saddens me greatly that he was killed in the Skarsnik novel...

So, A lot of people seem to think we are getting moonclan update by the end of the year. I agree.  (Anyone notice they haven't previewed them yet??)

My question is, what do you think this will entail.  A battletome.  New models?  New models for the infantry?  I Like moonclan grots, and I often see deals on them. But i'd hate to pick up models before they released new ones. 

Is buying moonclan now smart or stupid?

8 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Maybe the Mortarch of Grief is a resurrected elven goddess, like Lileath.

Take take, soul-stealer Teclis. Your goodess is a sad sad thrall of Nagash now. :)

or the two shadows are Vlad and Isabella.

I kind of hope that if Vlad and Isabella come back, they aren't  servants of  Nagash like Mannfred is now but rather their own independent faction of death but with Nagash having dominion of all Undead it kind of hard to write that in.

6 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I would like to see Vlad and Isabella come back in some form.  I would be cool with them being spirits now.  That would be neat.

Also, they should bring Gobbla back as a giant killer ghost squig.  It saddens me greatly that he was killed in the Skarsnik novel...

Man they knew how to bring the feels, that was like the best friendship pair in all of WHF (beside Gortrek and Felix).

I hope who ever lead the Moonclan grot is like a reincarnated version of Skarsnik and Gobbla. (kind of how the theory is that Gorddrak is Grimgor incarnated)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

I hope who ever lead the Moonclan grot is like a reincarnated version of Skarsnik and Gobbla. (kind of how the theory is that Gorddrak is Grimgor incarnated)

GW has been a bit loose with continuity between the World that Was (Old World) and the world of Age of Sigmar.  They have brought named characters over in some cases but retconned their back-story so that they are fully from the world of Age of Sigmar and sort of erased that part of the Old World.  I believe they did this with the Glottkin and now have them being from one of the mortal realms rather than a remnant of the Old World.  The same goes for Gutrot Spume I think.  I don't know the current fluff behind Thanquol either - but I don't believe that he is immortal now and still around in Age of Sigmar.

So precedence is there to bring older special characters over and simply retcon them.  Moonclan is so underdeveloped right now, and Orcs & Goblins were never the most developed in the first place, that it would be very simple for GW to simply bring Skarsnik and Gobbla back with a new origin story into Age of Sigmar.

My hope is that they at least revisit the concept of a big nasty Moonclan Warlord with a massive pet squig whenever they make a Moonclan battletome.  But I would be head over heels thrilled if they simply dropped Skarsnik & Gobbla back in.  I just always really loved those two characters.  I was sad when they disappeared from Warhammer Fantasy for an edition or two, and I was extremely thrilled when they brought them back.  I would again be equally thrilled if they brought them into Age of Sigmar. 

Honestly, those are the characters I want from the Old World more than any other.  It would be neat if they make Gobbla behemoth sized and back to being the biggest Squig around - like he once was.  I would be all over a Grot Warlord riding a Colossal Squig!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I really want them, too, but I really really really want Settra, Khalida, and Khatep. ?

Wasn't there an allusion somewhere that Settra is around still, but in a slightly different form?  It seems like Tomb Kings won't be a thing again, but I think there was some fluff out there about Settra or one of the other Tomb King character's soul being in Age of Sigmar somewhere.  Sort of similar to how the new allusion with the upcoming Gotrek novel is that Felix may be a Stormcast Eternal.

I am pretty sure I heard a mention of a Settra reference in the fluff in a pod-cast or Youtube channel lore video (2+ Tough maybe?)...

Personally I'd prefer it if they focused on creating new characters over resurrecting popular old world ones.  But on the other hand the updated Morathi is the best she's ever been (as far as I'm concerned), so I guess what do I know?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chord said:

I'd rather they create new characters than bring old ones into AoS

I would have preferred that overall, but since they have already ignored the destruction of so many from the Old World, the horse is our of the barn.

49 minutes ago, chord said:

I'd rather they create new characters than bring old ones into AoS

Well I’d really liked it if they brought the famous old world Charakters like Queek Headtaker, Grimgor ironhide, skarsnik and gobbla, the Slayer King and last but not least Ungrimm iron fist back.

Bringing back does characters (maybe the same way like Morathi) would give the dwarfs, skaven and green things, a great way of making a battletome for each of those factions 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

GW has been a bit loose with continuity between the World that Was (Old World) and the world of Age of Sigmar.  They have brought named characters over in some cases but retconned their back-story so that they are fully from the world of Age of Sigmar and sort of erased that part of the Old World.  I believe they did this with the Glottkin and now have them being from one of the mortal realms rather than a remnant of the Old World.  The same goes for Gutrot Spume I think.  I don't know the current fluff behind Thanquol either - but I don't believe that he is immortal now and still around in Age of Sigmar.

The Glottkin are still from the World that Was. It suggests as much in the battletome, and after their failure to take Altdorf in the End Times, when they turned into flies to escape, Nurgle pulled them into his Garden and imprisoned them in jars, meaning that they would not have been present when the world ended, giving them the perfect reason to be the same as they used to be now in the Mortal Realms.

• Like 2

I think if Isabella is the Mortarch of Grief, then Vlad will be in the new Black Coach... Though I think it would be better if neither of these happened.

Scythe-on-pegasus person is a mystery.

Edited by ZaelART

26 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

I think if Isabella is the Mortarch of Grief, then Vlad will be in the new Black Coach... Though I think it would be better if neither of these happened.

Scythe-on-pegasus person is a mystery.

Vlad should be the Mortarch of Shadows. 

So it looks to me like the Mortarch of Grief will be dressed in her wedding/mourning dress.  I'm guessing wedding as she is flanked by the two spirits like brides maids.  The spirit on the left can be seen in the original trailer carrying the broken time glass, you can also see the white of the flowing parts of her dress.

grief.jpg

spirit.jpg

Edited by Hyperkinako
images wrong format, updated
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Morovir said:

The Glottkin are still from the World that Was. It suggests as much in the battletome, and after their failure to take Altdorf in the End Times, when they turned into flies to escape, Nurgle pulled them into his Garden and imprisoned them in jars, meaning that they would not have been present when the world ended, giving them the perfect reason to be the same as they used to be now in the Mortal Realms.

I could swear that I heard they changed it in a podcast or some other fluff description video (maybe it was 2+ Tough).  But, that does not mean they are correct, and I have not read the AoS Nurgle Battletome so I will defer to people who have on this one.

Can you confirm that they kept Gutrot Spume & Thanquol's background from the Old World the same?

Ladies and gentleman we’ll call this game for today, GW nocked it out the park... cheese. Seriously these night haunt miniatures are unreal. I’m chaos through and through, and don’t pick up another army mostly due to money and space, so I’m racking my brain how I can convet them with a Chaos twist, which I will but feel kinda cheeky doing so. Very glad Death collectors are getting this love, enriching the factions enriches the game... and the bits I can chop and hack(eavil  twizzle of  the beard).

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

Personally I'd prefer it if they focused on creating new characters over resurrecting popular old world ones.  But on the other hand the updated Morathi is the best she's ever been (as far as I'm concerned), so I guess what do I know?

I agree with you for the most part, although I do like when they make little fluff nods to older characters.  I enjoy most of the new world building they are doing.

That said, I have zero issue being a total hypocrite when it comes to Skarsnik and Gobbla (or probably Grom the Paunch)!

23 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I could swear that I heard they changed it in a podcast or some other fluff description video (maybe it was 2+ Tough).  But, that does not mean they are correct, and I have not read the AoS Nurgle Battletome so I will defer to people who have on this one.

Can you confirm that they kept Gutrot Spume & Thanquol's background from the Old World the same?

Thanquol has still not been mentioned, but Gutrot Spume has been changed so that his background story is the same, but in the Mortal Realms. It was specifically the Glottkin who are still the same, sorry. The Maggoth Lords are ambiguous - their backstories are the same as in the World that Was, but there are no indications as to where they originate from.

• Like 1

Just now, Morovir said:

Thanquol has still not been mentioned, but Gutrot Spume has been changed so that his background story is the same, but in the Mortal Realms. It was specifically the Glottkin who are still the same, sorry. The Maggoth Lords are ambiguous - their backstories are the same as in the World that Was, but there are no indications as to where they originate from.

Oh, it may have been the Maggoth Lords I was thinking of and not Glottkin.  Sorry, as I said I have not yet purchased that battletome.  Thanks for the clarification!

My point still stands that there is some precedence for retcons of some characters.