The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, swiftmus said:

Regarding Epic, the rumours I've read is that the new Adeptus Titanicus is planned to include tanks and then infantry eventually. Again I only know from what I've read, but didn't the original Epic come out of Adeptus Titanicus anyway?

Spoke to Andy and James at the FW OpenDay about this.  The ruleset was being written to have rules for vehicles and troops but not necessarily included within the Adeptus Titanicus book (this was undecided at that point).

The impression I got is that they want to create a single ruleset for all of the large scale games, but Adeptus Titanicus will be purely about gigantic robots blowing each other up :D

• Like 1

I think games workshop confirmed in white dwarf that there won't be any death or destruction packs for silver tower but they did suggest further warhammer quest boxes would not be limited to just the silver tower setting. That's not quite confirmation future Warhammer Quest boxes but it suggests them as at least a possibility

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I think games workshop confirmed in white dwarf that there won't be any death or destruction packs for silver tower but they did suggest further warhammer quest boxes would not be limited to just the silver tower setting. That's not quite confirmation future Warhammer Quest boxes but it suggests them as at least a possibility

Well, I suppose some support is better than none. I'm hoping more 'boxes' doesn't just mean packaging models together in a group like the Mighty Heroes pack.

I'd love to get another setting or two with unique creatures and tiles.

It seems Warhammer Quest sold very well, at least initially. So with any luck, there will be new Warhammer Quest sets. Maybe not Silver Tower ones, but the WQ ruleset is generic enough to open for others. Mannfred's Lair (Death), Den of Bones (Destruction), Reign of Shadows (Ulgu) etc. It's all down to sales, really.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

It seems Warhammer Quest sold very well, at least initially. So with any luck, there will be new Warhammer Quest sets. Maybe not Silver Tower ones, but the WQ ruleset is generic enough to open for others. Mannfred's Lair (Death), Den of Bones (Destruction), Reign of Shadows (Ulgu) etc. It's all down to sales, really.

So are you saying the more boxes of silver quest I buy the more boxes there will be in the future?

.... Reaches for my... wallet 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2016 at 9:44 PM, Suave said:

It would be cool to see Age of Sigmar influencing new teams for Blood Bowl. Sylvaneth team please!

It's set in the alternate old world. 

There will be six plastic teams - humans, orcs, skaven, dwarves. elves, and nurgle. And then the rest will follow as resin (Dark Elves, for example).

14 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

At Games Day they were taken aback by the demand and wished they'd already had one planned. So I expect something next year. Rebox some existing minis, throw in a few new ones, new tiles and mini-adventure book. Done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shane said:

At Games Day they were taken aback by the demand and wished they'd already had one planned. So I expect something next year. Rebox some existing minis, throw in a few new ones, new tiles and mini-adventure book. Done.

Forget about the rebox bit, lets get all new minis like silver tower please!

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Quality. Next year smells like a definite maybe. Not that GW minds reboxing miniatures, but I'd prefer new sculpts. They've got a good chance of making some really AoS-ific. Several box sets with all-new minis would help that. I guess they could go for a "Bloody Tower" deal, Khorne themed. Use mostly bloodbound models, throw in one or two new character sculpts and a new Khorgorath and some new heroes.

Speculating is too fun. At least its good to hear it sold well.

54 minutes ago, FrederickD said:

When watching the unboxing video from Bloodbowl I noticed some strange looking pieces of scenery sitting on a shelf. Does anybody know what they are?

39b8f3e3add8ac722f3d7d34baf33ae5871d0413abd868f5ad130f0a146bceba.jpg

Conversion. Looks like the Balewind Vortex + some round topper thing + the flames from the Dragonfate Dias. Looks mildly tzeenchian though, so hints towards more tzeench-themed pictures in the future.

7 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

You can see the balewind skull on the left one, up top. It's likely the angle and the resolution making them look wierd. They may also have padded it at the bottom for some reason.

You're probably right, too bad. I would love  some new AOS terrain pieces...

But look what I found over at War of Sigmar:

517f25229978938f3b80cd544a7c46bf36cd7a44453cd3242ac03aa9f495e72f.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

....I guess they could go for a "Bloody Tower" deal, Khorne themed. Use mostly bloodbound models, throw in one or two new character sculpts and a new Khorgorath and some new heroes.

Speculating is too fun. At least its good to hear it sold well.

Well, they do have a finished Khorgorath model that never got released...

4 hours ago, FrederickD said:

When watching the unboxing video from Bloodbowl I noticed some strange looking pieces of scenery sitting on a shelf. Does anybody know what they are?

39b8f3e3add8ac722f3d7d34baf33ae5871d0413abd868f5ad130f0a146bceba.jpg

I noticed those too, and I have a feeling it's not on accident.

Oh man, I'm so hard for Blood Bowl. The new models look amazing. Will definitely be pre-ordering the boxed game, wanna paint up those Orcs!

If they become available as an individual team outside of the box set I'll look at picking up another box initially to see if I can make some cool Ironjawz Ardboyz out of them.

• Like 3

Yes I'm excited about Blood Bowl. Anybody else who is excited, might be interested in this event at Warhammer World in November - http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/the-bugmans-full-beard-cup/

I'm also really excited about the new Horus Heresy set and I think there is some cool stuff in it which gives me a nice sized force as I've not done a lot with my Calth marines yet!

In fact, pretty much every release GW has done this year I have been excited about! :D 

• Like 1