The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

@DinoJon I might be reading into your laugh react too much that you think they’re joking, but the preview article says ‘and even a new model to show you from Warhammer: The Old World.’

No laughing at myself and my reading comprehension. I get too hype sometime going over the articles. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Love that they kept this one quiet until now, only a few days of waiting!!! 

Literally the best way to do these things same as videogames. Come out of nowhere, drop a trailer, is releasing within a week to a few months*.

*Videogames.

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'll take some more Kruleboyz, troggs, and a side of Gitmob please. 

Thanks. 🤘

Oh Oh OH are we getting to see the Giant Troggoth!?

• LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

The "not blood bowl preview" they ment.. Oh wait.. That is always the case anyway. :(

But yay. Cities 😇

I don't pay much attention to Blood Bowl, but my understanding is that all the "expected" releases are filled now, right? Could mean that when the next BB news eventually comes it'll be something big, like an entirely new/remade team, or maybe a new edition even.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmac said:

I don't pay much attention to Blood Bowl, but my understanding is that all the "expected" releases are filled now, right? Could mean that when the next BB news eventually comes it'll be something big, like an entirely new/remade team, or maybe a new edition even.

Chaos Dwarfs haven't had a new team yet...

(Sounds familiar huh?)

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Just right at the beginning of my summer holidays ! Yipeee ! Blessed timeline we live in. And at least they have some humour. The "no primaris lieutenant" badge is gonna be memed for sure ! 

What's it gonna be ? New Warcry starter ? New Underworlds warbands ? Dawnbringers II ? More Cities of Sigmar ? Ah and also a single Old World model thrown in the mix I guess. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Just right at the beginning of my summer holidays ! Yipeee ! Blessed timeline we live in. And at least they have some humour. The "no primaris lieutenant" badge is gonna be memed for sure ! 

What's it gonna be ? New Warcry starter ? New Underworlds warbands ? Dawnbringers II ? More Cities of Sigmar ? Ah and also a single Old World model thrown in the mix I guess. 

Im guessing the New Underworlds Starter set alongside a new Warband.

New Warcry starter set with either 2 returning Warbands and another 2 shown off.

Dawnbringers Book 2 and the rest of the models thatll appear with the Maw Grunta.

More Cities of Sigmar, possibly a look at a full unit if not more.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Old world!!!

who cares about the rest.😂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Im guessing the New Underworlds Starter set alongside a new Warband.

New Warcry starter set with either 2 returning Warbands and another 2 shown off.

Dawnbringers Book 2 and the rest of the models thatll appear with the Maw Grunta.

More Cities of Sigmar, possibly a look at a full unit if not more.

I Imagine the warcry starting set is the one leaked with the Nightmare quest, with the soulblight vs stormcast underwolrds warbands.

Really hope the give the other warclans some love as well, the book really need all the help it can get. I hope that the new models aren't all tied to a regiment of renow box, otherwise Kruleboyz will not get something new...

If it is destruction focused and Gitz around got their model, I imagine at the minimum they will show the mawtribes model them?

33 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Bring on the new Liche Priest! or Tomb Guard or Nehekharan Warriors..... JUST BRING BACK LONG LOST NEHEKHARA ALREADY!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I want to say "yes" but I naively thought we'd get more than a single unit at WarhammerFest too.

Technically UK Summer has only just started and Cities is slated for Autumn so they could still drip feed us...

I think we'll see whatever else is in Dawnbringers Part II at least.

I assume when the Nova preview happens that is where they have reveal everything for CoS by then like Votann.

there is a chance that they will just keep drip feeding us until Nova, I don’t expect this preview to finish up the CoS reveals and they probably not review a boxset until everything is revealed.

• Like 1

With the Ardboyz going sold out online I'm lowkey expecting the new kit revealed this saturday. I think we'll get the rest of the accompanying minis of Dawnbringers book II and a single Cities kit. I didn't knew the current season of Underworlds was finished. According to the roadmap we have the updated starter set and a Chaos warband before the core starter of a new season. 

Fest WHUW Roadmap

Btw about Dawnbringers II, there's a bunch of weird things about what the minis accompanying the book will be :
- Obviously the Maw Grunta since it was revealed
- The mystery magic portal troll that was teased and that we know really exists
- The mysterious fact that the Ardboyz kit is no longer available on the webstore

Do we have a list of suspects ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beliman said:

They need a lot of Lich Priest or necromancer if they want to ressurect the whole game 😁

At this point they’ll need Nagash, Arkhan, and Tzeentch himself to work together in order to appease the fans.

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

With the Ardboyz going sold out online I'm lowkey expecting the new kit revealed this saturday. I think we'll get the rest of the accompanying minis of Dawnbringers book II and a single Cities kit. I didn't knew the current season of Underworlds was finished. According to the roadmap we have the updated starter set and a Chaos warband before the core starter of a new season. 

Fest WHUW Roadmap

Btw about Dawnbringers II, there's a bunch of weird things about what the minis accompanying the book will be :
- Obviously the Maw Grunta since it was revealed
- The mystery magic portal troll that was teased and that we know really exists
- The mysterious fact that the Ardboyz kit is no longer available on the webstore

Do we have a list of suspects ?

I have my money on either a new Slaanesh or Slaves to Darkness warband (since Nurgle just got updated and Khorne and Tzeentch have gotten warbands this season). I’m curious about what they’ll reveal for Warcry this coming weekend: we know it’s gonna be order vs destruction, but does that mean Ogors, grote, or orruks? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

At this point they’ll need Nagash, Arkhan, and Tzeentch himself to work together in order to appease the fans.

I have my money on either a new Slaanesh or Slaves to Darkness warband (since Nurgle just got updated and Khorne and Tzeentch have gotten warbands this season). I’m curious about what they’ll reveal for Warcry this coming weekend: we know it’s gonna be order vs destruction, but does that mean Ogors, grote, or orruks? 

I assume the destruction reveal hierarchy is usually Orruks (Ironjawz or Kruleboyz), Grots, and then Ogors.

Edited by novakai

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

but does that mean Ogors, grote, or orruks? 

If I were to take bets on what the 2 autumn Destruction warbands are gonna be, I'd bet on KB (because they're the main villains of the starter boxes) and GSG (because they're hugely popular). Ogors or other Orruks... I don't know but I feel like the probabilities are smaller. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

On 6/19/2023 at 10:48 PM, Chikout said:

Regular humans can do this. images(14).jpeg.1eeb8a38bfd9c61ebd8d95564c6fba95.jpeg

I don't think a ten foot Ogor carrying one human in a crows nest is too implausible. 

I'm still very much looking forward to seeing what else is to come for cities. I hope we see another full unit next. 

Sure, humans (or ogres) can do amazing feats of strength. But lifting things, and actually being able to move about a battlefield effectively are two different things. Now give that guy a sword, a massive shield, and tell him to fight 5 charging opponents while having a top heavy telephone pole strapped to his back. See how well that goes for him.....

Then again, Ogors already have a fire breathing circus performer to go with this apparent strongman, so who am I to judge, perhaps the dawnbringer ogres will all be inspired from carnival acts. 😁

Firebelly | Games Workshop Webstore

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Sure, humans (or ogres) can do amazing feats of strength. But lifting things, and actually being able to move about a battlefield effectively are two different things. Now give that guy a sword, a massive shield, and tell him to fight 5 charging opponents while having a top heavy telephone pole strapped to his back. See how well that goes for him.....

Then again, Ogors already have a fire breathing circus performer to go with this apparent strongman, so who am I to judge, perhaps the dawnbringer ogres will all be inspired from carnival acts. 😁

Firebelly | Games Workshop Webstore

One day they will do something with the Firebelly but it is not today

I wouldn't read too much into the Ardboyz going "No Longer Available Online".

Prior to the pandemic it was a pretty good indication for which kits get redone but since then it has happened more and more often that stuff just goes no longer available for a while and is back afterwards. For example right now the EU store shows the Alarith Stonemage, Sigvald, Skarbrand and the Mortisan Boneshaper as no longer available and none of them have a chance of being replaced. 

And the Ironjawz SC going no longer available is also not really important since it is still a Start Collecting which are being replaced by the Vanguard sets. The only reason that hasn't happened for them and Stormcast yet is because they where the starter Battletomes (since Ironjawz is part of Orruk Warclans). For 40k it also took longer for SM and Necrons (9th edition starters) to get their Combat Patrols.

Though it did take a bit longer than I expected and Khorne also still has the SC available but that is probably because of the models locked to that box. They could put those sprues up as direct only on their own like they did with the Dominion sprues but since that wouldn't be a big change to how they are sold now I don't think it would even be worth the work to change that so the Goreblade Warband will probably stay as it is. Maybe get rebranded as something else than SC.

• Like 3

Good value with the Dawnbringer boxes. Would have bought the GSG one if not for the Gobbapalooza. Dont want another one of those. Weird choice for such a box. I guess GW overproduced them at some point.

Really hyped for the next show. The AoS train is at full speed again and its awesome. So many good things all around. Good time to be in the hobby!

Edit: Ardboyz would be a great Warcry kit but i think they still hold up well. Would rather see something else updated. My guess is a new vanguard box incoming for Ironjawz.

Edit2: Show me the new Troggoth! 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Ogors please!!

• Like 1