The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I don't have warhammer+ and don't really want to, but the way they describe this new Darkoath episode of hammer and bolter really makes me wish I could see it.

And maybe more importantly, we have the first (I think) official look at a Cog Fort!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/10/this-weeks-hammer-bolter-shows-that-monsters-are-very-real-in-the-mortal-realms/

f40KA3Rmc2I1imzc.jpg

For a unit that has never existed on the tabletop, Cogforts sure get a lot of attention in the lore, Soulbound and now even Hammer and Bolter. Makes me optimistic that we will see thrm as part of the Dawnbringer Crusades. They would certainly make a nice Ironclad to the Steam Tank's Gunhauler.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

That's an Empire Armybook artwork from 8th edition ...

The book is from the Old World (it's a reedition). 

Yeah I realized eventually- see my edit. I guess the article did the trick and got me all excited for a hot second. Still it's a bit of a bummer that they'd do this when there's a glorious opportunity to do a similar book for AoS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I don't have warhammer+ and don't really want to, but the way they describe this new Darkoath episode of hammer and bolter really makes me wish I could see it.

And maybe more importantly, we have the first (I think) official look at a Cog Fort!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/10/this-weeks-hammer-bolter-shows-that-monsters-are-very-real-in-the-mortal-realms/

f40KA3Rmc2I1imzc.jpg

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Conquistador look of those Freeguild is consistent with the Deathmaster trailer.

The Cogfort also looks about the right size to be an army centrepiece if it were a model.

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Currently watching the Darkoath episode on W+ (without audio, *cough* in work *cough*).

Great episode so far and interestingly the Cities of Sigmar folk look very different than the current Freeguild models. 

They look more like Conquistadors mixed with feudal soldiers, definitely reminds me of the little snippet we got during the Cities of Sigmar revamp preview. Here's hoping anyway.

Oh we are so getting a Cogfort mini!! I love the look of thedr Conquistador styled Freeguild as well!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Yeah I realized eventually- see my edit. I guess the article did the trick and got me all excited for a hot second. Still it's a bit of a bummer that they'd do this when there's a glorious opportunity to do a similar book for AoS. 

Yeah that sucks, give us AOS books, the Old World can wait!!

• Like 1

If gitz are a 1-hero release I'm certain it'll be the scuttleboss. The rest of the resin heroes are extra (like the hag) or unnecessary like Skarsnik & madcap shamans. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the gitz release is a little bigger than 1 hero, IIRC the updated gitz stuff was really well received and you could do a lot with a little for gitz I think. If Spiderfang could get a blightlord/stormdrake style monstrous cav kit, and a new dual kit spider rider box they'd be pretty fleshed out imo. Then troggs could get maybe 1 or two kits and be fine? maybe a mini-hag hero and another new trogg that does lumbers forward in a bit of a different way or some kind of monster trogg.

• LOVE IT! 1

A bit off-topic, but it's really cool and works for scenery or character design too... there's a new tool on discord called Midjourney that lets an AI create pretty darn cool art.

I've played around with something akin to bird eyes god change evil or something and got some quite cool "Tzeentch" designs. Y'know, maybe for a warcry band that indirectly follows big T.

It creates 4 designs according to what you write in there and then you can change them further or have it upscale them etc.

Or a city for some homebrew part of the Mortal realms.... 

Sorry for the images and all but I think many here will find this as cool as I do!
image.png.d3d8b60f88af154d669e9b287d8e3def.png

image.png.1d21d358f5376723d83c90080e96ec4b.pngimage.png.8049aab2566278adb2209b9c442c8fb0.pngTurris_bird_eyes_demon_fate_change_god_eTurris_bird_eyes_demon_fate_change_god_e

image.png

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

And something more directly Warhammer-y:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/10/warhammer-year-two-is-nearly-here-get-ready-for-even-more-warhammer/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WHP_10th_August_Year_2_&utm_content=&utm_term=

Looks like one of the new Warhammer+ minis (they now can be ordered one month after subscribing, so no long wait this time!) is a Chaos sorcerer with the other being some Chaos terminator? Or is it a titan?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Era of the Beast but the new WH+ minis are both Chaos :( Maybe the AOS model is a Tzaangor hero

The chances that the Warhammer + marketing crew has any overlap with the AOS marketing plan is just about zero. The minis for Warhammer plus were probably designed 2 years ago, or are leftover designs from other projects that dropped along the way. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

The chances that the Warhammer + marketing crew has any overlap with the AOS marketing plan is just about zero. The minis for Warhammer plus were probably designed 2 years ago, or are leftover designs from other projects that dropped along the way. 

Good point, we do know they have a lot of designs that end up on the cutting room floor

9 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

On the topic of releases, it’s been a minute since the LRL-DoT box was revealed. Shouldn’t we be getting close to that Pre-order? I feel like we should have had some more info drop for the armies.

Still looks like GW is having some production issues. I’m basing this on the fact that they haven’t released the new Possessed and Accursed Cultists kits for Chaos Space Marines. 

8 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

On the topic of releases, it’s been a minute since the LRL-DoT box was revealed. Shouldn’t we be getting close to that Pre-order? I feel like we should have had some more info drop for the armies.

I think we'll get a preview at the end of August at Nova for what's coming in the Autumn, we should finally find out what the 2 destruction battletomes are. 

On another note, just watched Monsters on Warhammer+, that was awesome!

Really want to do a small Darkoath warband now and really hope the cog fort will be a model. 

A perfect centrepiece for Cites of Sigmar. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think we'll get a preview at the end of August at Nova for what's coming in the Autumn, we should finally find out what the 2 destruction battletomes are. 

On another note, just watched Monsters on Warhammer+, that was awesome!

Really want to do a small Darkoath warband now and really hope the cog fort will be a model. 

A perfect centrepiece for Cites of Sigmar. 

I feel with how much theyre present in Lore that the Cog Fort is inevitable for COS/Dawnbringers!!

Also really hoping for big things from Nova. Itll be our last big preview for 22' and will cover the 2 Destruction Tomes, Warcry Warbands, Cursed City Relaunch and most likely the Khorne Underworlds Warband.