The Rumour Thread

26 minutes ago, woolf said:

guys are we not forgetting that they mentioned something about new humans coming? a rework of old empire similar like what they did with highelves--> lumineth should also be in the cards for next yr or?

Lumineth will get their battletome soon with a new hero, nothing for them in this edition probably after that.

47 minutes ago, woolf said:

guys are we not forgetting that they mentioned something about new humans coming? a rework of old empire similar like what they did with highelves--> lumineth should also be in the cards for next yr or?

I think they are a fair while off and they'll do a series of articles on them like they did for sisters of battle. 

Tho I've no doubt the models are all done and ready I wouldn't be suprised if we saw them in the 4th edition starter set. 

1 hour ago, woolf said:

Info is very sparse on the reconquistadors (dawnbringer crusade is a stupid term and I won't use it). We had one article full of red flags and that was it.

I expect it at the end of the edition, and am unsure what its effect on Cities will be.

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Let's be honest, that's the major problems with AOS right now.
They could even churn out 20 battlettomes in a year but without miniatures wave seems hollow.
Idoneth,Fyreslayers and many others needed more so i get why people are not that much pleased.
Also considering the "late year" big release is chaos i really doubt we'll see something big before....hoping at least for a couple units for one of the destruction tomes but i fear we will not get much(other than the singular hero).
The white dwarf update remains also a mistery imho...they were done like the world eaters ones as placeholder for a future release?Or not?
I just hope next year will start better, at least this year i could concentrates on Votann but i really hope the Kharadron\Bonereapers will get a second wave next year .

I think it's most frustrating that the new heroes feel like sculpts that just didn't make the cut earlier. Just a bit less in quality than equivalent earlier wave heroes.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Info is very sparse on the reconquistadors (dawnbringer crusade is a stupid term and I won't use it). We had one article full of red flags and that was it.

I expect it at the end of the edition, and am unsure what its effect on Cities will be.

What red flags?
Article seemed just to announce cities will get something but nothing much on info.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think they are a fair while off and they'll do a series of articles on them like they did for sisters of battle. 

Tho I've no doubt the models are all done and ready I wouldn't be suprised if we saw them in the 4th edition starter set. 

I agree that this time line seems plausible, but it would really be pretty bad, right?

Their big opening thing for 3rd ed (besides Age of the Beast) was Dawnbringer Crusades. Hodl the SigmarCoin straight to the moon and all that. If the whole edition comes and goes without Dawnbringer Crusades paying off, I think I would consider that a failure of some kind (scheduling? marketing? just plain realization of their plans?).

3 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Idoneth,Fyreslayers and many others needed more so i get why people are not that much pleased.

Honestly, almost every faction should get a small kit boost like the one Sylvaneth received. Two entirely new units and a hero. Maybe even sans the hero, most armies have enough of those.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What red flags?
Article seemed just to announce cities will get something but nothing much on info.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/05/revealed-the-massive-project-to-put-mortals-back-into-mortal-realms/

The only info is that they have a "macabre dedication to the god-king", a bunch of symbols of sigmar, comparison to the imperium in 40k and of course the stupid name*.

We have nothing to go on that doen't scream "religious fanatic".

*No crosses, still a crusade, so they must want the real world connection.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree that this time line seems plausible, but it would really be pretty bad, right?

Their big opening thing for 3rd ed (besides Age of the Beast) was Dawnbringer Crusades. Hodl the SigmarCoin straight to the moon and all that. If the whole edition comes and goes without Dawnbringer Crusades paying off, I think I would consider that a failure of some kind (scheduling? marketing? just plain realization of their plans?).

I see what you're saying but don't forget the Dawnbringer Crusades are happening now, we started in Thondra and moving into Galet now. 

I can see the new cities of sigmar battletome focusing on a new settlement from the crusades and maybe the start of them in new realms. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/05/revealed-the-massive-project-to-put-mortals-back-into-mortal-realms/

The only info is that they have a "macabre dedication to the god-king", a bunch of symbols of sigmar, comparison to the imperium in 40k and of course the stupid name*.

Crusade isn't exclusively linked to religion it is also defined as a vigorous campaign for political, social, or religious change.

Like Batman is called the caped crusader with his war on crime. 

I actually think crusade is the perfect word as it is about political, social and religious change in Sigmars name. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Let's be honest, that's the major problems with AOS right now.
They could even churn out 20 battlettomes in a year but without miniatures wave seems hollow.
Also considering the "late year" big release is chaos i really doubt we'll see something big before....hoping at least for a couple units for one of the destruction tomes but i fear we will not get much(other than the singular hero).
The white dwarf update remains also a mistery imho...they were done like the world eaters ones as placeholder for a future release?Or not?
I just hope next year will start better, at least this year i could concentrates on Votann but i really hope the Kharadron\Bonereapers will get a second wave next year .

Im actually going to be very dissapointed if Gitz and Mawtribes just get a single hero.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree. Crusades and Era of the Beast have felt almost like placeholders. We need like, 3 more Seasons of War books and updates to all of Destruction!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Crusade isn't exclusively linked to religion it is also defined as a vigorous campaign for political, social, or religious change.

Like Batman is called the caped crusader with his war on crime. 

I actually think crusade is the perfect word as it is about political, social and religious change in Sigmars name. 

And even if it happens to be linked to such thing it fits within its setting, i.e. grimdark fantasy. Each time they push out into chaos territory to establish another city it is a roll of the dice. In such a world(s) a certain level of fanaticism/zealotry is to be expected. While not as hopeless as 40k it is still has some pretty dark themes. Plus, Sigmar has an actual presence, the DBC won't be guided by a mad half-alive husk on a throne.

Not that I think it is a particularly bad thing to have a fictional crusade in a fictional universe. Especially not when it works within its setting.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

But those things are already introduced in the lore, i would'nt call them red flags.
Seems mostly  marketing-speak using the "grimdarkness" to boost interests....(40k comparison is not a "coincidence").
The community articles got many errors during years (i remember clearly some lore errors that the battletomes did not have) so is still "vague".
I would call red flags the latest models from cities that seems just plain whfb empire recycling.

As discussed in the Cities rework thread there is really no info or clues to what the rework means.

At worse they replace the entire faction with just humans and put the current cities stuff to the Old World.

At best they make 9 unique human factions for each of the world's with their own look and abilities.

Really the only annoying thing is that they said they would keep us updated and been 3 months with no updates......

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

But those things are already introduced in the lore, i would'nt call them red flags.
Seems mostly  marketing-speak using the "grimdarkness" to boost interests....(40k comparison is not a "coincidence").
The community articles got many errors during years (i remember clearly some lore errors that the battletomes did not have) so is still "vague".
I would call red flags the latest models from cities that seems just plain whfb empire recycling.

I hate religion. Reducing Freeguild to just some mindless godsuckers while breaking down Cities would be my worst case scenario. The last order human models almost all were some flavour of religious, so that's one foot off the cliff. So if that continues, I don't see myself getting another set of them.

My hope is on Kharadron, but they started tainting them with god as well. Plus they are quite clear in using rejected sculpts as "new" heroes.

• Confused 9

26 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I hate religion. Reducing Freeguild to just some mindless godsuckers while breaking down Cities would be my worst case scenario. The last order human models almost all were some flavour of religious, so that's one foot off the cliff. So if that continues, I don't see myself getting another set of them.

My hope is on Kharadron, but they started tainting them with god as well. Plus they are quite clear in using rejected sculpts as "new" heroes.

Your own hatred is a form of zealously itself with how you're acting on here sometimes when it comes to the setting. You're in the wrong game sir, if the mere presence of deities bothers you. Age of Sigmar is Clash of the Titans.

Edited by xking
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't think stating you 'hate religion' and then going on a rant about 'godsuckers' is doing much for your argument beyond coming off as being more resentful of religious individuals in the real world than anything else.

Age of Sigmar is a setting where gods are indisputably real and literally walk the same ground as their followers and prayers are often answered. Not expecting a faction who are led by somebody who goes by God-King to incorporate religious elememts is like getting mad the ground is wet when it rains.

Hell, even the Kharadron incorporate iconography of Grungni.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 13

18 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

But freeguild already have lots of religious trappings on them (Skulls, hour glasses, twin tail comets) and they were designed when sigmar wasn't an active deity. 

God's actually walk the lands in the mortal realms so it's hard to get away from religion in AoS. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You are right.

****** this game, ****** GW, ****** gods.

Most of you guys are okay, but it isn't the game, setting (though the basis of the Mortal Realms is awesome) or company I need to put any energy in.

I'll be off then.

In the end, when it comes to hobbying go for the game and setting that bring you joy. I've ventured beyond GW and enjoyed myself massively. OPR are making big strides too. I wish you the very best regardless of the path you choose. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

I just want to add that religion in a setting is just a cliché that perfectly suits Warhammer. Organizations appointed to/by a God/Emperor to control humanity is what Warhammer is about (and knowing how stupid it sounds).

AoS has a twist on it. Gods walk among mortals, and that makes the whole setting a bit diferent because they are not oniric entities that control civilizations: they can die, they can ascend, they can run for their lives... it's a twist to the main cliché. AoS Gods are just BIG active players, not the omnipotent and omnipresent (or not) entities that a church uses to control masses (that doens't mean that we don't have something like that too).

We even have atheist that know that gods exists, but they know that they are just big powerful dudes.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I just want to add that religion in a setting is just a cliché that perfectly suits Warhammer. Organizations appointed to/by a God/Emperor to control humanity is what Warhammer is about (and knowing how stupid it sounds).

AoS has a twist on it. Gods walk among mortals, and that makes the whole setting a bit diferent because they are not oniric entities that control civilizations: they can die, they can ascend, they can run for their lives... it's a twist to the main cliché. AoS Gods are just BIG active players, not the omnipotent and omnipresent (or not) entities that a church uses to control masses (that doens't mean that we don't have something like that too).

We even have atheist that know that gods exists, but they know that they are just big powerful dudes.

Yeah I love the use of gods in the setting! It feels like the Mahabharata or the Epic of Gilgamesh more-so than say the Trojan war. I do think that the timeline of the narrative is a little alienating though as it makes sense that Malerion would hide away for thousands of years until his army gets the right mix of angsty post punk/goth aesthetic nailed down... but in our real world time line it is taking too long! Oh and I guess narratively it makes having central mortal characters a little difficult if the stretch of eons are but a drop in the bucket for a god.

I think it is funny that people flock to primarch's who are functionally gods, but are weirded our when cults of worship develop around similar beings in a medieval themed environment? I do wish that they made it more clear if the embodiment on the table top was the literal god or an aspect or avatar of the God. Because having Teclis get defeated by a swarm of skink blow-darts or Nagash defeated by standing next to dangerous terrain would likely impact their cults to some extent? But if it was a temporary expression of their power that had appeared temporarily on the battle field it would be an easier pill to swallow and would make me more inclined to use them... without wondering about the strange narrative implication of the Goddess of Life is personally digging into a rat burrow to toss hands with a swarm of rodents.

I do construct my narratives in a way where the gods are not known to the extent that people do in the lore. Like I try to refer to Sigmar as the Storm God or Warrior King... I just like to have my narrative feel like it is more timeless and less orthodoxly tied to lore. But I simultaneously feel like Be'Lakor would make a great general for my army and not create any contradiction in referring to him as the 'Sovereign Shadows' or some silly thing like that?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah I love the use of gods in the setting! It feels like the Mahabharata or the Epic of Gilgamesh more-so than say the Trojan war. I do think that the timeline of the narrative is a little alienating though as it makes sense that Malerion would hide away for thousands of years until his army gets the right mix of angsty post punk/goth aesthetic nailed down... but in our real world time line it is taking too long! Oh and I guess narratively it makes having central mortal characters a little difficult if the stretch of eons are but a drop in the bucket for a god.

I think it is funny that people flock to primarch's who are functionally gods, but are weirded our when cults of worship develop around similar beings in a medieval themed environment? I do wish that they made it more clear if the embodiment on the table top was the literal god or an aspect or avatar of the God. Because having Teclis get defeated by a swarm of skink blow-darts or Nagash defeated by standing next to dangerous terrain would likely impact their cults to some extent? But if it was a temporary expression of their power that had appeared temporarily on the battle field it would be an easier pill to swallow and would make me more inclined to use them... without wondering about the strange narrative implication of the Goddess of Life is personally digging into a rat burrow to toss hands with a swarm of rodents.

I do construct my narratives in a way where the gods are not known to the extent that people do in the lore. Like I try to refer to Sigmar as the Storm God or Warrior King... I just like to have my narrative feel like it is more timeless and less orthodoxly tied to lore. But I simultaneously feel like Be'Lakor would make a great general for my army and not create any contradiction in referring to him as the 'Sovereign Shadows' or some silly thing like that?

Sigmar is worshiped in thousands of different ways and has several aspects already.

Here are some from the lore.

"Caretaker of Humanity"

This aspect is worshipped by the Order of the Dove, whose priests and priestesses tend to the wounded, sick and injured. https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Dove

"Sahg'mahr"

This is his title in Shu’gohl, the Crawling City where he continued to be worshiped through the Age of Chaos through the Vurmite Order - The Order of the Worm. A ­large temple complex to the god was raised in the Sahg’gohl, the Storm-Crown. Following the worm cities liberation from the Skaven, Lector Calva was sent by the Grand Theogonist herself to see to the reorganization of the Order.

"Sigmar the Builder"

This was the aspect of Sigmar known to and worshiped by the Everdawn Tribe, the tribe to which Tornus the Redeemed belonged to before he was transformed into Torglug the Despised and subsequently reforged into a Stormcast. To the Everdawn Sigmar is a wise and compassionate god.

"Sigmar the Wrathful"

Sigmar at war, this aspect is favoured by some Warrior-Priests

"Wind-Walker"

The Wind-Walker is the aspect of Sigmar worshipped by the Zirc of Lyrra, a nomadic people native to the Zircona Desert. He is said to wear the firmament the same way nomads wear robes. This aspect has very little in common with the gold-clad aspect preferred by the Azyrites.

"Zi'Mar"

How the God-King is known to the Sky Seeker tribe in the Realm of Ghur.

"They are who I am – the Vurmite Order. The Order of the Worm. When the foe burst upon us, we Vurmites defended the holy segments, for the grace and the light of Sahg’mahr, as was our oath and duty. Under a guard of forty, we sent off the most valuable tomes in their possession. The rest fought here, and gave their lives on the steps of the Libraria Vurmis in the name of our Lord Sahg’mahr."

~ Nyoka Su'al'gohl.

The God-king himself is an aspect, It is the current ascendant aspect of Sigmar.

"The God-King stood before him, arrayed in golden war-plate. The air twisted about him, as if the realm were not quite able to bear his weight. He stood half a head higher than the tallest of his warriors, and there was an elemental strength to him – as if he were the raw fury of the storm, given solid form. But his presence was not merely physical. Sigmar’s immensity stretched beyond the boundaries of the corporeal, into spheres beyond the sight of mortal men. He was the cold gaze of the moon and the warm laugh of the sun. He was the sound of clashing steel, of avalanches and howling winds.

To one possessing storm-sight, Sigmar appeared as a shard of the firmament itself. A being of pure starlight, impossible to look at for long. The God-King was Azyr, given mind and voice. In his merest gesture was the movement of worlds, and in his gaze, the flare of falling stars. Balthas blinked, trying to ignore what lay behind the mask of broad, too-human features. The face of a man aeons dead, out of whom a god had emerged.."

~ A description of Sigmar by Balthas Arum.

Edited by xking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1