The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Ragest said:

Well, seraphon has some big bad lizards with 14 wounds, a save characteristic of 1+, with ward of 6+++ near scenery within their territory, doble shooting, +1 hit/save for a cp (outside shooting/combat phase) and -1 damage.

That book is the opposite of balance 

Agreed. Seraphon is the greatest sinner in the game currently. Scaly Skin alone is a stupidly powerful battle trait. Then you add their ridiculous amounts of synergy and high-efficiency warscrolls and you get a faction that overwhelms in both competitive performance and casual NPE.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

yes thats what i said, i dislike winrates, since i think 5/0 is the only real stat for tourneys. 

but even on winrates seraphons had 55% like i said ( 45-55% is a balanced state). behind of belakors.

this dont show the number of 5-0s, yes seraphons are usually high, but like i said they arent winning so many tourneys lately.

and removal of scaly would be harder than the removal of free summon on prices( that is better than lizards),so why only delete one and not the one is better?

10 minutes ago, jaWn said:

Whaaaat? When did Bonesplitterz get great?

Dont know every reason but from what i understood the pregame moves allows for some early scoring thats pretty strong.

Edit: oh and shaman firing kamehamehas at everything untill it dies also strong.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaWn said:

Staring contest champions AoS 3.0.

They haven't been destroying tournaments, haven't kept up with it but I struggle to remember a big 5-0 tournament finish for them. They are better than expected, I recall when the book first drop someone mathed out how they had more bite than the previous book. Just lost all of the flavour, no run and charge Big Stabbas, no flavourful anti-monster interaction, no buckets upon buckets of dice. Just more efficient.

Wurrgog Prophet mask rule is also pretty broken, but I feel they need it and it's the only real fun thing in the army, I hope they don't remove it.

• Like 2

Sweet new LRL rules! Only got two archers so it should be interesting to see how many points they go down.

May need to get more cows and I hope they buff swordsmen!!! Sort of stopped all buying until I see the changes and I love my LRL

I really want to know what the new hero is! Get HYPE!

Edited by RyantheFett

Bonesplitterz have only 15 tournament entries, it's a classic case of nobody playing a faction which means that just a few good players can skew the stats substantially. They've also never actually won anything in 3.0. They're not as bad as people sometimes think but they're very much mid-tier, not top-tier like a lazy look at the stats without drilling down might suggest.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pnkdth said:

I really want this to be FEC but the sword looks very SBGL. As people have mentioned, Cursed City seem to fit since Vyrkos and the gang also got a bit of the bat/wolf themes.

Also, I'm just just going to huff some hopium and claim it is actually the return of W'soran and the Necrarch bloodline! 😅

Our overseer @Whitefang gave a Sad React when another user mentioned it was for Cursed City. So its either Flesh Eater Courts or as you said SBGL!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaWn said:

It is a very small sample (0.8% of the meta) so it is a very much an outlier and not useful for any meaningful measurements. I made sure to supply a wider dataset for proper context. That said, even if it just happened like once or twice it COULD happen again! However, given the lack of BS activity it seems it was more of a memey "gotcha" list.

edit: Also, it seems lots of people answered already. So that too. 😁

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

Really good changes!!! I would be really happy if that leak becomes true.

Note: Big wall of text incoming

Now, on the "balance" updated, I'm going to admit that I don't give a lot of weight to the competitive scene (even if I followed the AOS World Championship this last week). My main issue with AoS rules are some Battletome/Warscrolls that have some weird interactions with the Core Rules. Another point is why this rules need to be like that, instead of a more simple and elegant rules that are still is lore-friendly enough to make an army play as it should.

I will talk about my army because is the one that I know the most: Kharadrons Overlords.

• Kharadrons Overlords are just [base stats]+[rerolls] and only has a few "tricks" (mechanics?) to make them diferent from other armies. Let's see what tricks we have:
    • Ranged attacks: Everything shoots. Not complicated (it's just that the game is really meh with shooting mechanics overall, not just KOs). Rend was their "defining" characteristic (still can be done with Powered Aether-amunition, but imho, that's a bandaid).
    • Aethergold: Just +1 to wounds once per phase at the cost of -1 permanent bravery: 0 conflicts with the main rules and Imho, a bit meh lore-wise (they don't have a better "charge" because they spend Aethergold! wtf!). Broken Realms gave us more toys with new effects that doesn't contradict any rule, fluffy.
    • Voidstone Orb: 1 use auto-spell. Really good artifact with a bit NPE in it. Maybe it does not contradict any other rule, but doesn't let the other player "play" their game for one use. I can see some arguments about this item being a bit "not fun" but there are some good arguments because we are an army without any Priest, Monster and/or Wizzards.
    • Spell in the Bottle: RED ALERT. Take any Endless Spell and auto-summon it. You get it, it's something really fun but with a lot going on that I'm not sure if it needs to stay in the game. Btw, I love this item but the wombo-combos with it shouldn't exist, and speaking about them...
    • Fly High (and Disembark): It's a Teleports, with garrisons (Cover+Garrison rules+Look Out Sir!), leave Garrison (at the end of the turn or maybe before moving the Ship...still waiting for FAQs), Disengage (modified retreat waiting for FAQs too), etc... buff, that's a lot!

Let's be honest, Fly High is a crazy rule. It was the defining KO trait that was wombo-combo'ed for about half an edition (with Spell in the Bottle for major nuclear bombs). Maybe it doesn't contradict any rule because it's a set-up (it contradicts at least two btw, but that's another story) but doesn't matter, it's an horrible mechanic because an entire army Flying High again, and again, and again (even if it doesn't win a lot) is not a good mechanic for anyone.

To move to other mechanics (don't care wich army they are from), shooting without LOS, reduce an entire enemy army characteristic (maybe Rend, maybe Damage, maybe hit, ...), packing a lot fo power on one unit (one man drake army), ignoring set-up mechanics or movement in the oponents pile-in phase are not good mechanics unless they are tweaked low enough to not be their defining mechanic to win games.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, willange said:

What makes you think that?  1st ed. was 2015, 2nd was 2018 and 3rd was 2021.  Without evidence to the contrary, I'd assume 4th will be 2024.

I just assumed that we'll get The Old World next year, 40k 10th Edition in 2024, and AoS 4th Edition in 2025, because new AoS editions have always come after 40k editions, and I don't think they'd release TOW alongside 40k 10th Ed. in the same year. (This is also assuming that we'll finally begin to get some more previews for TOW, and that the estimated 3-4 year timescale for release from the initial reveal (2019) is still relevant for it)

1 hour ago, jaWn said:

They didn't: Basically nobody plays them because they were still bad, but some good players managed to do well with them. Their high win percentage are just an artefact of the small data pool. If they were played as widely as Seraphon, they would probably have a quite a bit worse win rate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I just assumed that we'll get The Old World next year, 40k 10th Edition in 2024, and AoS 4th Edition in 2025, because new AoS editions have always come after 40k editions, and I don't think they'd release TOW alongside 40k 10th Ed. in the same year. (This is also assuming that we'll finally begin to get some more previews for TOW, and that the estimated 3-4 year timescale for release from the initial reveal (2019) is still relevant for it)

If anything it's more likely to be 10th 40k next year, AoS 4 in 2024 and TOW in 2025. 

However I do think we'll see TOW a lot sooner. 

• Like 1

GW is still reeling from Covid and global supply chain disruptions. Ordinarily they'd probably want to continue with their 3 year cycles but I think that is dead in the water for the foreseeable future.

I personally can't see 10th edition 40k in 2023 for instance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

GW is still reeling from Covid and global supply chain disruptions. Ordinarily they'd probably want to continue with their 3 year cycles but I think that is dead in the water for the foreseeable future.

I agree I would be suprised to see 10th next year, if it is, itll be late in the year.

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They didn't: Basically nobody plays them because they were still bad, but some good players managed to do well with them. Their high win percentage are just an artefact of the small data pool. If they were played as widely as Seraphon, they would probably have a quite a bit worse win rate.

Could be true. But i dont think nobody plays them, its an army thats easily forgotten or shelved untill times like these when they become fun again.

Some people on this forum also managed to do well with Bonesplitterz and also shared their experiences. Its worth a look for everyone interested.

Edited by Iksdee

Bonesplitterz are definitely better than people thought. That book is a classic example of people looking at what was lost rather than judging it on its own merits. It has a LOT of good things in its favour. Not to say people are wrong to dislike it, especially if they liked the style of the previous book.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

Unless they suddenly do a complete 180 on digital rules, I agree that the next editions for 40k and AOS probably have at least a year delay on their release. It probably affects TOW's release too and in that regard I think we can all agree GW would get 10e 40k out before TOW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

It breaks my loonshrine to see Gloomspite Gitz at the bottom again though. Could really use a new tome soon.

Its basically 50/50 that the Autumn Tome will be Gloomspite. We've had hints that one is Sons of Behemat so its between GSG and Mawtribes for the other. 

I just hope regardless of which Tome it is, one of them gets a few new models.

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Its basically 50/50 that the Autumn Tome will be Gloomspite. We've had hints that one is Sons of Behemat so its between GSG and Mawtribes for the other. 

I just hope regardless of which Tome it is, one of them gets a few new models.

I swear to the Great Maw, if Behemat takes the Ogors' spot for a battletome I'm gonna cry forever.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

I swear to the Great Maw, if Behemat takes the Ogors' spot for a battletome I'm gonna cry forever.

17 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

I will eat the book and use it’s power to curse GW

If its not Mawtribes though that increases the chance of new minis!!