The Rumour Thread

If you wise ones had to rate the reliability of these rumours, how would you score them out of 10? 

- Sea Elfs (new faction)

- Girl Power Elfs (new faction)

- Hot air balloon goblin pirates (new faction)

- Spiderfang allegiance + new units in 2018

12 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

If you wise ones had to rate the reliability of these rumours, how would you score them out of 10? 

- Sea Elfs (new faction)

- Girl Power Elfs (new faction)

- Hot air balloon goblin pirates (new faction)

- Spiderfang allegiance + new units in 2018

1.  A Solid 10. Hastings talked about cthulhu/deep one aelven Back in March. He also was right about the Kharadrons Release so its track record still Stands.

2. No idea, a 4 or a 5, maybe. Thats the First time i hear about this. 

3. More likely, 6-7. They are mentioned often in the KO Battletome. It would be Strange for GW to teaser them so heavily and do nothing. 

4. A Solid 9. They talked about what armies got new abillities in the GH2017. They implied that armies that didnt get anything are bound to get a something new in 2018.

• Thanks 1

If somebody twisted my arm, I'd say Goblin Pirates as it's been mentioned in a number of places - I think some of the original AoS books had it in too?  However that's nothing more than guesswork on my part :D

Battletome Multi-legged Mushroom Eating Nutters is likely (or perhaps a more generic Grot style Battletome), but I wouldn't be putting money on new models quite yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

The User Temouloun on War-of-Sigmar:

"I heard a rumor that not one but two Aelves factions are in the production line. One is the Sea/Cthullu we've heard about for a long time and the other one is a female only Aelf cult/group/thing linked to Morathi and with a strong "black" theme. And by heard I mean read, and by rumor I mean a conversation between an employee who has access to the production line and a selected community contributor. You have no reason to believe me but I'm so freaking excited I had to tell."

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2452

Could be nothing but two aelven factions fits the two aelven heroes from Silver Tower.

Morathi getting her own faction? Yes please. I hope these rumors are true!

3 hours ago, Gecktron said:

The User Temouloun on War-of-Sigmar:

"I heard a rumor that not one but two Aelves factions are in the production line. One is the Sea/Cthullu we've heard about for a long time and the other one is a female only Aelf cult/group/thing linked to Morathi and with a strong "black" theme. And by heard I mean read, and by rumor I mean a conversation between an employee who has access to the production line and a selected community contributor. You have no reason to believe me but I'm so freaking excited I had to tell."

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2452

Could be nothing but two aelven factions fits the two aelven heroes from Silver Tower.

I really hope this is true. 

Another interesting part of that rumor conversation is that GW had given up on AoS bc of the bad start and thats why we have had a gap in models. Would actually make sense, and explain why instead of armies we’ve been getting ways to use existing models.  

A Morathi faction would be cool. I feel like she got the short straw in the End Times. Cthulu Elves would be cool, too.

I feel like I'd have to curse GW if they got me into Elves, though.  The elf factions were among the few old world factions I never felt the need to spend way too much money on before. :P

3 hours ago, Caladancid said:

Another interesting part of that rumor conversation is that GW had given up on AoS bc of the bad start and thats why we have had a gap in models. Would actually make sense, and explain why instead of armies we’ve been getting ways to use existing models.  

No, that's another guy who had no info and was inferring stuff. 

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Morathi's cabal for Chaos subfaction?

Either way, I'll believe it when I see it and hope there will be a word of light elves in the future.

Well her faction in total war is clearly a slaaneshi faction her public order building final rank is called "court of the dark prince." and she has technologies that increase growth and public and chaos corruption with descriptions of those wanting to draw the eye of the dark prince. Story wise she has actually been exiled by malekith in total war and she is kinda doing her own thing/helping her son. The generic lords are her "seduced puppets." according to the quest npc. 

Ca have said that Morathi and the chaos corruption was approved and intentional by gamesworkshop for their game. Of course some people got upset since they wanted Morathi from 7th and 8th where she is worshipping Arathi and Hekarti(which I think is kinda boring IMO). Now this could be totally separate but I could easily see slaanesh using Morathi to rise to providence or Morathi going for the throne of slaanesh. 

I pray to the gw gods, If her faction is a mixed aelf and human chaos force I would throw money at GW without thinking and I think Malerion and Tyrion vs Morathi would be a great conflict plot since she has caused problems for both of them in the past. 

In the end though this is all speculation we just have to wait and see. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

Morathi is definitely getting a faction for AOS.  There was some information about her siding with Chaos during the Age of Myth, right?

No, the only thing we have on her is Malerion finding her again she was flesh and blood but he noted she was changed this was after she was spirited away by slaanesh in the end times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

That's another one, yes. The source you have used is no better, it's a clickbait vehicle for a rumour monger that got people all doe eyed at cesspit Dakka. 

What sources are good? 

I use this and 4chan. Seems a good balance between the 2. 

37 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

That's another one, yes. The source you have used is no better, it's a clickbait vehicle for a rumour monger that got people all doe eyed at cesspit Dakka. 

Nah you are wrong, war of sigmar is not just click bait, it's a decent website with a mostly decent community of commentators

• Like 5