The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I really hope we get a human Cities warband. The paladin model like the one from cursed city would be right at home in a underworlds warband.

That rumor engine reminds me a lot of the totem in the chaos chosen unit, which could use an update like this.

If the B&C leaks prove true, I'm going out on a limb and guessing most of the Chaosy rumours will turn out to be the Chaos Marine stuff set for early 2022.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Aren't Chaos Chosen also an option in 40K?

I really hope lore/model wise that they update Chosen to be unmounted Varanguard. 

There‘s a rumour about CSM getting a wave beginning 2022. Chosen (and new Berzerkers, just sayin‘ in case you see Khorne stuff and get ecstatic for AoS) are among the listed units in it. The rumour comes from the guy that predicted Death Korps and Ork Kommandoz in the KT box (over half a year before it got revealed), which makes him seem absolutely legit.

100% agreed on your wish for AoS Chosen though. That Chosen kit in Varanguard style would also make for pretty rad heroes; could imagine it to serve as the perfect basis for a Curseling. But who knows, with Horrors sucking now, maybe we‘ll finally get some mortals! 🥴🥰

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

The chaos chosen for 40k and fantasy are different sculpts its not like the same box of models makes either. Now look at the icon/totem in the rumor engine it doesnt have wires or tubes connected to it as the 40k does - its made of bones and rope like fantasy does.

Look at the master of possession‘s staff… that rumour engine was thought of as something for AoS as well. Doesn‘t have to mean anything, although I do also think it looks more AoS than 40k… but you never know - plus there are 40k rumours about Chosen, Berzerkers, Cultists and a couple if other things. 

image.jpeg.5ebada30382d83efc8aeafba05bbcdfc.jpeg

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

The chaos chosen for 40k and fantasy are different sculpts its not like the same box of models makes either. Now look at the icon/totem in the rumor engine it doesnt have wires or tubes connected to it as the 40k does - its made of bones and rope like fantasy does.

I do not personally play 40k and find the medieval to science fiction ratio to always be a little confusing especially when it comes to rumour engines. This is a perfect example, as to me this seems like an AOS model but I typically see people assuming it will be 40K related:
2021-06-08.jpg
Meanwhile I had naturally assumed that these were Age of Sigmar related rumour engines but they were all 40k related:
2020-12-24.png
2020-12-02.png
2020-12-21.png

Edited by Neverchosen

56 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I do not personally play 40k and find the medieval to science fiction ratio to always be a little confusing especially when it comes to rumour engines. This is a perfect example, as to me this seems like an AOS model but I typically see people assuming it will be 40K related:
2021-06-08.jpg
Meanwhile I had naturally assumed that these were Age of Sigmar related rumour engines but they were all 40k related:
2020-12-24.png
2020-12-02.png
2020-12-21.png

I think the skeleton is from some inquisition model, the W being a witch. 

What the bottom one of? 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I think the skeleton is from some inquisition model, the W being a witch. 

What the bottom one of? 

99120105087_GauntsGhostsLead.jpg
Dude holding the tree and dagger in the front on the left... it is funny that they used the same dude for two different rumour engines that I was so certain were for AOS and he is such an unmitakably 40k model 😆

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

40k is just space fantasy, barely more sci-fi than the Storm comics or Flash Gordon, which makes the division more artificial.

Look at Sisters of Silence, they could fit AoS easily, while Kharadron look to be at a higher tech level than Cawdor.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Would love some CoS/ crusade human models. I expect a return of the “war alter” and priests. Would REALLY like if there was an elite unit that was sword n board instead of elite unit always being 2handed weapons…

There’s surely got to be some sort of floating island being pulled by something/some things going by a lot of the lore / artwork so far. Maybe a new war alter on something like that?

Edit: Looks like Ogregut had the same thinking!

Edited by ArkanautDadmiral
  • Like 1

I'm wondering whats up with mankind. Does gw have any plans on bringing back the empire or at least cities of sigmar humans? I would like to see some normal humans again after all the stormcast and all the chaos mortals. Once upon a time i wanted to start an empires army but then AoS happened. I still like some of the models but the range could use some AoS sauce imo. I did like Galen and Doralia ven Denst but it left me wanting more haha. What do u all think of this? Do u think it is possible?

I think these could be human related.

2021-06-08.jpg Could see this on a base/totem of some witch hunter.

2021-07-20.jpg Looks human to me.

2021-08-17.jpg Could be anything, but please be a gunblade.

2021-02-23.jpgCould be the mount

2020-12-08.pngHuman boots

I kind of hope this falls in line with some of the more recent models we have seen. Like these.

2020-08-25a.jpg

2020-12-16b.jpg

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I'm wondering whats up with mankind. Does gw have any plans on bringing back the empire or at least cities of sigmar humans? I would like to see some normal humans again after all the stormcast and all the chaos mortals. Once upon a time i wanted to start an empires army but then AoS happened. I still like some of the models but the range could use some AoS sauce imo. I did like Galen and Doralia ven Denst but it left me wanting more haha. What do u all think of this? Do u think it is possible?

I think these could be human related.

2021-06-08.jpg Could see this on a base/totem of some witch hunter.

2021-07-20.jpg Looks human to me.

2021-08-17.jpg Could be anything, but please be a gunblade.

2021-02-23.jpgCould be the mount

2020-12-08.pngHuman boots

I kind of hope this falls in line with some of the more recent models we have seen. Like these.

2020-08-25a.jpg

2020-12-16b.jpg

Unfortunately I think the Boot is 40k because of the skull. I think some Inquisition models are going to be coming which probably what the W skeleton is too, though would be a pleasant surprise if it’s with hunters for AoS.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I'm wondering whats up with mankind. Does gw have any plans on bringing back the empire? I would like to see some normal humans again after all the stormcast and all the chaos mortals. Once upon a time i wanted to start an empires army but then AoS happened. I still like some of the models but the range could use some AoS sauce imo. I did like Galen and Doralia ven Denst but it left me wanting more haha. What do u all think of this? Do u think it is possible?

It looks like there will be these Dawnbringer Crusades which cover human (and the other races) heading out in big wagon trains to found new Cities of Sigmar. So there is always the chance they can release some specifically human units to go along with this. 

While I cannot see a specific force that mirrors the Empire (that's what The Old World will be for), I hope there will be enough options in whatever book comes out of the Dawnbringers storyline to allow people to create their own human themed forces. 

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

2021-06-08.jpg

This one's actually all but solved. It lines up closely with the banner on the Black Templars codex cover, which would work with the B&C rumours about a unique BT standard bearer. I think we'll see this fully revealed in a few weeks.

33595280_Screenshot2021-08-31at09_16_52.png.062d494a35e3d086de5def82b2cb5fcc.png

RE: this chaos icon: 2020-03-17.jpg

It doesn't look all that Khornish to me and moreover while it does have bone and rope, so too does the Master of Possession, as @MitGas pointed out. Pulling in the 40k B&C rumours as well, there's also supposed to be a cultist standard bear in the works as part of the CSM release. The look of this fits the ragged, scrappy 40k chaos cultist look just as well as it does anything in AoS.

Could still be something for AoS or WHU but I don't think it's at all a guarantee.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

What are you rhe rumor police? Do you have to refute every valid point with unsubstantiated claims to keep this echochamber from caving in?

Police? Nah, I'm the Rumour Gestapo! 

I'm sorry for the gift of knowledge, I'm just trying to ease the (possible) blow. 😛 

We have VERY substantial rumours about a 40k Chaos wave coming up. I would prefer AoS models too. And they might be. 

Just now, MitGas said:

Police? Nah, I'm the Rumour Gestapo! 

I'm sorry for the gift of knowledge, I'm just trying to ease the (possible) blow. 😛 

We have VERY substantial rumours about a 40k Chaos wave coming up. I would prefer AoS models too. And they might be. 

Where’s the best place for me to read about these 40k chaos rumours? Might well be my first foray into 40k

9 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

What are you rhe rumor police? Do you have to refute every valid point with unsubstantiated claims to keep this echochamber from caving in?

++Mod hat++

Please don't be so aggressive in your response to another user. MitGas raised his counterpoint respectfully, and it didn't warrant this sort of reply. 

If this was a joke, I don't think it landed in an online space where the tone is unknown.  

• Thanks 5