The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I'm not saying they are bad. They are definitely a solid A tier (below S) and in the same bracket as stuff like Idoneth. But if I'm fighting SoB I know I can kill their units. If I'm fighting Morathi, Tzeentch Archaon etc I know I can't. 

I wouldn't want to play a low tier army vs SoB but you can say that for many A tier lists.

I would say that SoB are unkillable for everything except IDK and DoK. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, elfhead said:

The second edition was centered around death. They started strong with nighthaunt, then got nothing for a while. But during that edition death got a new army (bonereapers) and ended on a revamp of the classic vampires, skeletons and zombies. There also is the warhammer quest game ( although handled… poorly) 

So there was a lot of death stuff. But also lots of other things: Slaanesh, Lumineth, etc. 

I think it is reasonable to expect cool stuff for destruction, but spread out over the duration of the shields edition. 

Very true!! By that notion I'd say a new Faction is likely and a range refresh such as Soulblight. 

Silent Ones are a contender for a new Faction and Warclans just got Kruelboyz, Gloomspite had an update in 2019 and the Sons of Behemat probably wont get another kit immediately but I could see one coming within this Edition in a year or so just like they did with Imperial Knights in 40K which leaves Ogor Mawtribes to be the Soulblight of this Edition.

30 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Very true!! By that notion I'd say a new Faction is likely and a range refresh such as Soulblight. 

Silent Ones are a contender for a new Faction and Warclans just got Kruelboyz, Gloomspite had an update in 2019 and the Sons of Behemat probably wont get another kit immediately but I could see one coming within this Edition in a year or so just like they did with Imperial Knights in 40K which leaves Ogor Mawtribes to be the Soulblight of this Edition.

I really hope the silent ones get an army.  I also think it’d be cool if SoB got a female mega gargant shaman kit. Could really see that working.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

I really hope the silent ones get an army.  I also think it’d be cool if SoB got a female mega gargant shaman kit. Could really see that working.

Gargants are a Matriarchal society so a Female Mega Gargant would be perfect for the Faction. 

24 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Silent peoples chances are dwindled after beastgrave imho,i doubt we'll ever see them (and considering the first season we did'nt see anything for Katophranes either).

Imho if we'll get a whole new army not already mentioned will be something still related to Gorkamorka.

I hope it's something other than Greenskinz and Big Ladz. I love me some Orruks and everyone knows I fawn over Gargants like a drunk lover and only just behind them are my Hungry Boy side piece. I just want them to expand to maybe even something such as the Great Eagle nation of the Aetar.

SoB grand strat, tactics and core battalions bring the system more into line with what 40k is like. That is to say, eventually this will contribute to imbalance but you know, life goes on and a healthy tournament scene can still exist.

Personally I'd prefer core everything - but tbh so long as warscrolls and factions are unique there is imbalance.

Also personally, I'll still play 40k and AoS over other offerings from other companies - even if those offerings are more balanced. It's just the way I lean ( at the moment)

Quick question , what are your guys thoughts of Soulblight getting skeleton archers? I’d like them to have at least some ranged but not sure if it fits with their army personality.

Also have a theory that our next set of campaign books will be a civil war between the mortarchs. With Nagash gone and Manfred taking Neffereta’s land I think there will be a war between those two, but I also think Neffereta will drag Katakros and Arkhan(now a full fledged bone reaper) into the war while Manfred will have Olynder on his side. I think this could lead to new mortarch models(as all their mounts died in broken realms).

Edited by HanShot First
More stuff to say!

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I think for 'new factions' this edition Silent People are the only ones that seem like they will not be an expansion on a preexisting faction:

Umbraneth can be an expansion of Daughters of Khaine
Kurnothi Aelves can be an expansion of Sylvaneth
Grotbag Scuttlers and Gitmobs can be an expansion of Gloomspite
Chaos Dwarves can be an expansion of Slaves to Darkness
Dispossesed can be an ingredient in the rumoured Duardin Soup

I do not suspect that all of the armies I listed will be part of an expansion or soup, but rather that I think that they all make as much sense as expansions as stand alone factions. Oddly enough, I feel like Grotbag Scutlers and Gitmob might be most likely to stand alone as a combined secondary Goblin faction. 

Silent People on the other hand feel largely uniquely. Other than a superficial relationship to other anthropomorphic animalistic factions an Insectoid race seems pretty unique to the setting and hard to place within any of the other factions. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

Quick question , what are your guys thoughts of Soulblight getting skeleton archers? I’d like them to have at least some ranged but not sure if it fits with their army personality.

Seeing Underwolrds it is more likely that Ossiarch wil have archers at some point but I don't see the point in Soulblight (and for me it breaks their global theme).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

So apparently the GW site is still down and redirecting to a queue for the kill team release ... Is this just my phone, or is GW really this incompetent?

It's not down, they have been implementing a queue system for resent big releases to help manage traffic to the site as well as stopping scalpers buying all stock.

Its started at the beginning of the first lockdown here in Britain and returned for Dominion and the ork beast snagger box set amongst others. 

It's a good move by GW. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It's not down, they have been implementing a queue system for resent big releases to help manage traffic to the site as well as stopping scalpers buying all stock.

Its started at the beginning of the first lockdown here in Britain and returned for Dominion and the ork beast snagger box set amongst others. 

It's a good move by GW. 

Good move to continue FOMO products by GW.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Good move to continue FOMO products by GW.

How? 

They produced absolutely loads of Dominion, scalpers were annoyed they couldn't sell the models at a mark up. 

Who ever orders kill team this weekend is guaranteed a copy. 

They are making moves to provide products to the people who want them. 

I wonder how many YouTube content creators made videos about guaranteed copies of kill team. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

How? 

They produced absolutely loads of Dominion, scalpers were annoyed they couldn't sell the models at a mark up. 

Who ever orders kill team this weekend is guaranteed a copy. 

They are making moves to provide products to the people who want them. 

I wonder how many YouTube content creators made videos about guaranteed copies of kill team. 

They are still creating FOMO products and people are still buying them and selling out still. Kill team box is still limited and they continue to explicitly state " hey these are limited we made way more than last time but hey they might be gone still" each time they do another limited release. 

I'm not debating or arguing against the fact they are making more and it has impacted scalpers to the communities benefit which is an improvement to be certain.

But you are still buying another limited release they keep making every other month, and what is inside is likely not to come out for several months if not indefinitely in rare cases. So GW will continue to make these FOMO limited boxes if we all keep "getting good value" out of it. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, HanShot First said:

Also have a theory that our next set of campaign books will be a civil war between the mortarchs. With Nagash gone and Manfred taking Neffereta’s land I think there will be a war between those two, but I also think Neffereta will drag Katakros and Arkhan(now a full fledged bone reaper) into the war while Manfred will have Olynder on his side. I think this could lead to new mortarch models(as all their mounts died in broken realms).

But... Arkhan died? And Teclis spoke to Nagash in the last book?

1 hour ago, HanShot First said:

Would you consider elite vampire crossbow units? Medium armored " royal hunters" concept.