The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Lol they forgot rotbringers as allies for daemons of Nurgle...

At least now the rules for mounts and such is clearer

Thats a tricky one as there is technically no allegiance for either daemons of nurgle or rotbringers, you would take Nurgle allegiance in which both those factions and marked slaves to darkness can mix together freely, not requiring allies rules. Would be nice if gw would hurry up and release full allegiance abilities for nurgle so there would be some point to this!!

Yeah, makes me wonder what goes on behind the scenes. The lore is definitely unfolding, slowly. Reboxings continue. I just got some models in the old red packs direct from GW. There's how many different ways to play now? 3 plus Skirmish and Path. Did I miss another?

They're doing something right, though. I'd never even be here without AoS, let alone spending the cash I am. 

• Like 2

Death Player here, Someone keeps bringing Nurgle up... IMO Chaos and Nurgle are not in any dire need of anything atm, you can always pick something that works very well in the chaos ranks. Playing the death faction, and unless u bring a Vlozd + hordes or go full FE, u have some challenge to fully enjoy the micro factions GW left us with, death lords are a joke imo, over priced for what they do, and they are rarely chosen anyway.. Nighthaunt (5 different units), Deathwalkers (3 different units), Deathmages (3 different units) and so on.. Death needs some long lost love to make it even remotely enjoyable to play... don't need to be Stormcast OP, just enjoyable... GW we are many death players that hope you have a grand plan for the Death faction, it's hard to see even after the release of GH2017, mortis engine, where to use it? nighthaunt allies?

im just baffled...  moving to Seraphon until  GW desides to make the other death factions besides FE worth playing.

Death has his problems but u cannot say that Nurgle does need nothing.

They have allegiance abilities but not traits or artefacts. They have low sinergy, the command ability of the guo is a joke, they pack 5 named characters, their only option is blightkings for maintaing rotbringers allegiance, daemons cannot ally with rotbringers... 

The new allegiance imho is just completely unplayable without traits, i will continue to play with regular chaos. And btw Nurgle is the only chaos god stick in this situation.

Death has his problems but you cannot say that other factions have their too. Death, gutbuster,  Nurgle, verminus, aelfs... They are all in the same boat.

Oh and btw the guo has 1 year less than me (21), one of the older miniatures still Alive in the sentire GW range.

Just my 2 cents as a only Nurgle player.

Edited by shadowgra
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, there is no Rotbringers Allegiance. Blightkings are now battleline if the army has Nurgle Allegiance. So mix daemons, rotbringers amd slave to darkness with keyword Nurgle to your heart's content!

On Death, GW will eventually get around to something for them, but i think we should bear in mind that just because they're a Grand Alliance doesnt mean they will get anything brand new ahead of other races like aelves and skaven.

I have an old theory that GW are releasing new ranges to match the gods of AoS, so Stormcasts for Sigmar, Fyreslayers for Grimnir, Kharadrons for Grungni, Sylvaneth for Allarielle, Ironjaws for Gorkamorka, Everchosen for Archaon, Bloodbound for Khorne and Arcanites for Tzeentch. There have been no brand new models for other factions except Tzeentch Daemons, random Silver Tower stuff, and now Slimux. That leaves new/expanded ranges for Nurgle, Malerion and Nagash (all strongly rumoured) with Horned Rat, Slaanesh and Tyrion to follow a year or two later. Its not perfect, but I think it makes sense of how and why theyve chosen their brand new ranges.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Just to clarify, there is no Rotbringers Allegiance. Blightkings are now battleline if the army has Nurgle Allegiance. So mix daemons, rotbringers amd slave to darkness with keyword Nurgle to your heart's content!

But if i like the idea of rotbringers i just hit a Brick wall since is not even playable alone (on a good level i mean OFC).

If i just hate daemons (ugly and old), skaven (rats ) and slave to darkness (old old models), i have barely nothing to play with. Instead khorne has bb and tzeentch has arcanites. 

This not to be an ****** but on my point of view the Nurgle mortals are incredibly lacking. I love daemons and such so the case i exposed is not of myself.

43 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

On Death, GW will eventually get around to something for them, but i think we should bear in mind that just because they're a Grand Alliance doesnt mean they will get anything brand new ahead of other races like aelves and skaven.

I have an old theory that GW are releasing new ranges to match the gods of AoS, so Stormcasts for Sigmar, Fyreslayers for Grimnir, Kharadrons for Grungni, Sylvaneth for Allarielle, Ironjaws for Gorkamorka, Everchosen for Archaon, Bloodbound for Khorne and Arcanites for Tzeentch. There have been no brand new models for other factions except Tzeentch Daemons, random Silver Tower stuff, and now Slimux. That leaves new/expanded ranges for Nurgle, Malerion and Nagash (all strongly rumoured) with Horned Rat, Slaanesh and Tyrion to follow a year or two later. Its not perfect, but I think it makes sense of how and why theyve chosen their brand new ranges.

You forgot Sotek, god of the Seraphon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shadowgra said:

But if i like the idea of rotbringers i just hit a Brick wall since is not even playable alone (on a good level i mean OFC).

If i just hate daemons (ugly and old), skaven (rats ) and slave to darkness (old old models), i have barely nothing to play with. Instead khorne has bb and tzeentch has arcanites. 

This not to be an ****** but on my point of view the Nurgle mortals are incredibly lacking. I love daemons and such so the case i exposed is not of myself.

Skaven are the Nurgle mortals. Khorne and Tzeentch may have bloodbound and arcanites, but neither has a skaven subfaction. You can't even argue that the mortals faction has to be human either as arcanites are mostly beastmen with one human warscroll. Nurgle mortals are mostly skaven with one human (non character) warscroll. 

I mean, you may not like Pestilens, but I'm sure not every aspiring Khorne player likes the StD-esque bloodbound and not every Tzeentch player likes tzaangors. It's hardly an imbalance or injustice.

@swarmofseals I'm pretty sure that everyone feels their faction of choice would benefit some new models, it's a subjective matter.

But in my opinion, I don't feel comparing nurgle to what khorne and tzeentch have regarding options due to pestilens is really that fair. Tzeentch and Khorne are both well balanced and formidable, which at this time nurgle is not. I don't feel that pestilens offers anything to nurgle with relation to balancing at all.

But ok even if gw agree with you, and nurgle doesn't need any new units, some artefacts and synergy is a must. 

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking but I just don't see gw leaving nurgle as it is, if it's intended to be the main protagonist for this phase of the narrative. 

Edited by ChaosUnited
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosUnited said:

@swarmofseals I'm pretty sure that everyone feels their faction of choice would benefit some new models, it's a subjective matter.

But in my opinion, I don't feel comparing nurgle to what khorne and tzeentch have regarding options due to pestilens is really that fair. Tzeentch and Khorne are both well balanced and formidable, which at this time nurgle is not. I don't feel that pestilens offers anything to nurgle with relation to balancing at all.

But ok even if gw agree with you, and nurgle doesn't need any new units, some artefacts and synergy is a must. 

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking but I just don't see gw leaving nurgle as it is, if it's intended to be the main protagonist for this phase of the narrative. 

Sure, that's certainly fair. I wholeheartedly agree that the lack of a fully fleshed out allegiance kit is a big problem. 

41 minutes ago, ChaosUnited said:

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking but I just don't see gw leaving nurgle as it is,

Regardless of new models or not, it's just so strange the way nurgle was handled in GHB17.  There was a quote from Ben Johnson on whtv about Nurgle not being included in GHB17 because they knew Blightwar was coming. If they knew Blightwar (+/- battletome) using combined Nurgle was incoming, why would they divide up Rotbringers and Nurgle daemons separately in the match play profiles (unlike all other Chaos gods, Slaanesh included).  Factions had to specify whether they could ally with Rotbringers or Nurgle daemons or both.  Seems a real lack of planning;  GHB16 felt far more prepared for their upcoming release schedule.  

Anyway back to rumours, it's all probably intentional so that people who picked up Blightwar/GHB17 have a reason to pick up a new battletome as well.  It's also going to have to immediately errata all the nurgle ally options.

1 hour ago, BrAiKo said:

Regardless of new models or not, it's just so strange the way nurgle was handled in GHB17.  There was a quote from Ben Johnson on whtv about Nurgle not being included in GHB17 because they knew Blightwar was coming. If they knew Blightwar (+/- battletome) using combined Nurgle was incoming, why would they divide up Rotbringers and Nurgle daemons separately in the match play profiles (unlike all other Chaos gods, Slaanesh included).  Factions had to specify whether they could ally with Rotbringers or Nurgle daemons or both.  Seems a real lack of planning;  GHB16 felt far more prepared for their upcoming release schedule.  

Anyway back to rumours, it's all probably intentional so that people who picked up Blightwar/GHB17 have a reason to pick up a new battletome as well.  It's also going to have to immediately errata all the nurgle ally options.

Probably because GW like to play their cards close to their chest so that new releases are really exciting rather than a "we knew that was coming six weeks ago".

22 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Here is the latest rumour engine. It looks like it is Aelves or their 40k cousins.RumourEngine_Content.jpg.23e5dba1335b1281e156ae6d994a48a8.jpg

Genuinely looks like something for Death to me, with this sort of arrangement of "spines", like you find on the "bat-wing-ear" helmets or the black knight shields. Certainly does not look Aelf/Aeldari or Skaven to me. Might be Drukhari or Ynnari, but I can not think of any comparable shapes on those either, they tend to much smoother surfaces.

• Like 1