The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Chillpill said:

Why has he left? Noticed his rather mysterious message on Twitter saying he won't be using Twitter anymore because he cannot be himself on it?

Why does anybody leave any job? Lots of reasons. 

I don't think this thread or forum is the place to really discuss this too be honest, even though Rob is/was the face of Warhammer TV. If he wants to open up about it, far enough but we don't need a load of fishwife gossip about it.

Cheers

• Like 2

Here's a weird thing. I went back to read the Shadespire preview on the community site again and noticed that it has been edited. It now says that the game is coming in October with the first TWO expansions coming by November.

They said that they will have a Shadespire announcement at nova next week. I expect it to be the second expansion after deathrattle. That expansion will probably be Skaven.

This image has been said to be a bloodbowl mini but it does not match any of the currently available minis. I think it is probably from the Shadespire set.2017-04-19.jpg.1bb212f282e6dc24103ce0cac7c1150f.jpg

• Like 5

Not wanting to shy away from GHB2 hype, but new Black Library AoS nevel announced with a 10 page extract avalible:

BLPROCESSED-The-Hardest-Word-cover.jpg

The Hardest Word

Summer of Reading: Day Two

When Hamicar Bear-Eater, self-styled greatest of all Sigmar's heroes, must defend the critical Seven Words, he does so in typically bombastic style.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a preview of a new novel you can expect from David Guymer next year, starring a character David describes as "the Age of Sigmar equivalent of Ciaphas Cain"…

THE STORY
Hamilcar Bear-Eater, greatest hero (in his own words) of Sigmar’s armies, is the latest in a long line of castellans to hold the critical yet precarious stronghold of the Seven Words. With skaven threatening, Hamilcar can conceive only one sure way to hold the Seven Words – to challenge the entire horde to single combat.

Written by David Guymer

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-hardest-word-ebook.html

• Like 3

On 19/08/2017 at 11:57 PM, DantePQ said:

Shadespire is great but I'm sick of those Stormcast and Khorne, I guess other factions will be some kind of Orks and of course Death which is confirmed. And it's getting boring, are we getting any new AoS factions at all ? It's been a while and I know Nurgle has many fans but another Chaos release is just ultra boring, he already had two Khorne releases, Tzeentch one and now Nurgle ? 

Where are Elves, Free Cities, Death ? 

October we should have some previews for the expansions coming out.

We already seen death, I assume skaven and shadow aelfs will be the other ones, if the rumour engine pics are to be trusted.

Edited by Sete

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Not wanting to shy away from GHB2 hype, but new Black Library AoS nevel announced with a 10 page extract avalible:

BLPROCESSED-The-Hardest-Word-cover.jpg

The Hardest Word

Summer of Reading: Day Two

When Hamicar Bear-Eater, self-styled greatest of all Sigmar's heroes, must defend the critical Seven Words, he does so in typically bombastic style.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a preview of a new novel you can expect from David Guymer next year, starring a character David describes as "the Age of Sigmar equivalent of Ciaphas Cain"…

THE STORY
Hamilcar Bear-Eater, greatest hero (in his own words) of Sigmar’s armies, is the latest in a long line of castellans to hold the critical yet precarious stronghold of the Seven Words. With skaven threatening, Hamilcar can conceive only one sure way to hold the Seven Words – to challenge the entire horde to single combat.

Written by David Guymer

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/the-hardest-word-ebook.html

I really enjoyed Guymer's first short story of Hamicar in the Bear-Eater short. He's probably my favorite Stormcast character right now. Happy to see he'll get his own book next year

I wouldn't mind if they made some more shorts or books for AOS because this year they've really stepped up their quality. Jealously, I want another Ironjawz book, but with the POV from the Orcs, just like the Evil Sunz Rising book from 40k

Edited by Gorks Pokin' Finger
  • Like 1

So glad that she does not have the pistol.

Better than i expected and the fact that it has 2 heads is a nice addition.

Nurgle stuff, not really interested. Might get the SC side cheap on eBay.

Also the does not sport the lion head and tattered cape like I expected, so another thing to look forward to.

AoS-Blightwar-Image2ltbz-e1503084124293.jpg.dcc5afb87d4023376d1b2e8ddf7773d8.jpg

Edited by Sete

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Here's a weird thing. I went back to read the Shadespire preview on the community site again and noticed that it has been edited. It now says that the game is coming in October with the first TWO expansions coming by November.

They said that they will have a Shadespire announcement at nova next week. I expect it to be the second expansion after deathrattle. That expansion will probably be Skaven.

This image has been said to be a bloodbowl mini but it does not match any of the currently available minis. I think it is probably from the Shadespire set.

Wouldn't it rather make sense for the 2 expansion sets to be factions from each of the 2 other Grand Alliances not in the starter set (in order to try to please everyone), i.e. Death and Destruction?.. whereas Skaven would be a 2nd Chaos faction..

13 minutes ago, Skarloc said:

Wouldn't it rather make sense for the 2 expansion sets to be factions from each of the 2 other Grand Alliances not in the starter set (in order to try to please everyone), i.e. Death and Destruction?.. whereas Skaven would be a 2nd Chaos faction..

It would and I kind of hope that is true, but a while ago Hastings, the famous rumour monger said that Skaven were coming to Shadespire. The rumour picture makes me believe this is true.

Hopefully the pace of releases is brisk and we won't have to wait long to see a destruction faction.

If they are serious about doing tournaments they need a good selection of factions early.

In bloodbowl they could release rules without minis and let people convert, but in this they can't as they need the card packs.

Having 4 factions available within a month of release is an encouraging sign.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

im so glad hamilcar is a thing. hes so fun to read as is probably the most 'rogue' of the stormcast characters. the guy literally makes everyone drink blood

Not like that ever caused any issues or repercussions ... I'll bet it was a real thralling experience for everyone involved.

( [emoji6] )

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sete said:

So glad that she does not have the pistol.

Can't see a pistol on her model from the angles we've seen, but according to the Blightwar post on Warhammer Community she will have a pistol in her rules for sure: "Armed with Whirlwind Axes, Neave can cut down characters in a flurry of blows, or she can weaken them at range with her Boltstorm Pistol – she’s a powerful new option for any Stormcast Eternals army." 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/blightwar-new-rules-new-models-and-moregw-homepage-post-2/

11 hours ago, Sete said:

Also the does not sport the lion head and tattered cape like I expected, so another thing to look forward to.

I know the 40k release schedule is looking packed, but I think 2017 isn't done with AoS just yet. They'll want to ride the momentum of this new GHB almost as surely as they want to keep momentum up for 40k 8th ed. The long rumored new aelves are sure to show themselves 'soon,' even if they do end up being 'just' a Shadespire expansion. 

2 hours ago, awcamawn said:

Can't see a pistol on her model from the angles we've seen, but according to the Blightwar post on Warhammer Community she will have a pistol in her rules for sure: "Armed with Whirlwind Axes, Neave can cut down characters in a flurry of blows, or she can weaken them at range with her Boltstorm Pistol – she’s a powerful new option for any Stormcast Eternals army." 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/blightwar-new-rules-new-models-and-moregw-homepage-post-2/

I know the 40k release schedule is looking packed, but I think 2017 isn't done with AoS just yet. They'll want to ride the momentum of this new GHB almost as surely as they want to keep momentum up for 40k 8th ed. The long rumored new aelves are sure to show themselves 'soon,' even if they do end up being 'just' a Shadespire expansion. 

Here is a guesstimated release list for the rest of the year.

aug 26- blight war 

sep3- season of war

sep 10-24 Deathguard 

oct 1-8 admech

oct 15- 22 shadespire plus expansion 1

0ct 29 elf bloodbowl

Nov 5 - 12 Necromunda plus expansion

Nov 19 shadespire expansion 2 plus 40k codex 6

nov 26 Dec 3 codex 7 plus minis

dec 10 codex 8 and 9 

dec 17 codex 10

dec 24 40k chapter approved 

That is already a rediculously packed shedule and I am kind of expecting at least one more big mini release for 40k this year.  It does not leave much room for a new battletome unfortunately. 

P.s The order is definitely wrong but these are the releases that GW has already promised will come this year. Even if they announce nothing else, they will struggle to fit it all in to their usual release format.

Here is a guesstimated release list for the rest of the year.
aug 26- blight war 
sep3- season of war
sep 10-24 Deathguard 
oct 1-8 admech
oct 15- 22 shadespire plus expansion 1
0ct 29 elf bloodbowl
 Nov 5 - 12 Necromunda plus expansion
Nov 19 shadespire expansion 2 plus 40k codex 6
nov 26 Dec 3 codex 7 plus minis
dec 10 codex 8 and 9 
dec 17 codex 10
dec 24 40k chapter approved 
That is already a rediculously packed shedule and I am kind of expecting at least one more big mini release for 40k this year.  It does not leave much room for a new battletome unfortunately. 
P.s The order is definitely wrong but these are the releases that GW has already promised will come this year. Even if they announce nothing else, they will struggle to fit it all in to their usual release format.
Could see a battletome with no new units for AoS sliding in easily

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3