The Rumour Thread

18 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

You use to be able to all equip them with the same weapon (hence my painted unit of Aethercannons).  Now, they force you to have 1 of each weapon, so those individuals who purchased 10 boxes (to get full units of 10 with a single weapon) 4 months ago (!!!) are screwed.  I can't even return the boxes since they are each missing one model.  How did this not make it to the community site ahead of time?

Ouch! Well - I can think of at least one thing that will be discussed on this week's Warhammer Weekly :S

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

I"m excited about how Brayherds are starting to have a feeling of the past 3 editions I"ve played them in and things I wanted.  Better ambush, more vicious in CC without requiring a bit of a dull build, the Herdstone back.

I'm getting tempted by a return to Brayherds. Sold my whole army a few months ago but they're looking pretty cool again. They're desperate for a reboxing though. Units of 20 ungor would be cool. 

5 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Ironclad airship with a Zilfin allegiance that drops 12" off your line, dumps all of its troops (up to 25 foot troops and an unlimited number of balloon troops) 9" off your line then obliterates everything that their weapons and charges can reach.

Man I sooooooooo want to paint my KO in a clown theme now... 

http://i.imgur.com/RO6EzPh.gifv 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cerlin said:

The mobility and the mortal wound saves for your ships is hard to beat.

I just really hate the color scheme.

You don't actually have to paint them that color. The idea that your pretty outfit determines your rules on the table is asinine and has no place in warhammer of any variety.

• Like 4

So whilst the Generals Handbook is all very exciting (I won't be able to touch it for a few more weeks than you due to working away), I think this is just as exciting. As some of you may be aware, GW are at Gencon, and they are showing off Shadespire. Here is a Link to the community site article (HERE) and here a load of cool pictures. 

Shadespire-WDPoster1tix.jpg.3b1c19db4b03f660d8cc7d179f05aa1b.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon5aq.jpg.214231b6da98082f6c3deec2d554712d.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon1kr.jpg.f79b91601bd0e9452a2813b47fb599a0.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon6xe.jpg.baeee2132eb72507c3328c3dd24fe2b2.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon4ox.jpg.f4e61f752391967391881c7cb527d2c2.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon2rv.jpg.837b3837723f9308e52a7ae25124ef0a.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon3zu.jpg.fcb11ad73c7b26a8c0929d58b296f921.jpg

Shadespire-Gencon7ft.jpg.2857967e9a74b55bf6db2b413a29c0b0.jpg

SS-minis1.jpg.a633e1ef2111f56c8b64d68505924577.jpg

SS-minis2.jpg.54a3870788305131f7cd0cbe4a070f89.jpg

• Like 4

It's great to see. Remember the days when GW didn't go to conventions at all? Now they're sending studio staff with new games to playtest, the Warhammer TV team are streaming events, and they even host seminars revealing upcoming products well in advance. It's super exciting stuff! 

I'll probably buy Shadespire. I don't often buy the boxed games but this seems like such a new venture for GW I gonna try it out. It also seems like they're investing a lot in the game's success.

A game like this has much wider appeal than the massed battle games (40k/AoS). GW are clearly looking to imitate some of the success of games like Magic: The Gathering and X-Wing. I know these are very different games, but it's the low cost of entry, quick set-up, competitive, one-vs-one, gaming market. It's obviously been designed to be the sort of game which works very well in the FLGS environment as well as in massive tournaments. 

Personally, I run a school club for my students. There's a few that are really interested in AoS. Unfortunately, it's not really practically designed to get it all set up, played and cleared down in a couple of hours after school. Shadespire, on the other hand, looks ideal. Can't wait! 

• Like 7

Shadespire is great but I'm sick of those Stormcast and Khorne, I guess other factions will be some kind of Orks and of course Death which is confirmed. And it's getting boring, are we getting any new AoS factions at all ? It's been a while and I know Nurgle has many fans but another Chaos release is just ultra boring, he already had two Khorne releases, Tzeentch one and now Nurgle ? 

Where are Elves, Free Cities, Death ? 

• Like 2

+++ Mod Hat On +++

9 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Shadespire is great but I'm sick of those Stormcast and Khorne, I guess other factions will be some kind of Orks and of course Death which is confirmed. And it's getting boring, are we getting any new AoS factions at all ? It's been a while and I know Nurgle has many fans but another Chaos release is just ultra boring, he already had two Khorne releases, Tzeentch one and now Nurgle ? 

Where are Elves, Free Cities, Death ? 

@DantePQ - Just a friendly warning. I understand some people may be unhappy with Stormcast and Blood Reavers getting the limelight (well they are the poster boys for AOS plus nicely show off the "heroic knights" vs "Barbarian Hordes" that some people associate with fantasy), but can you please make more effort with your replies? I'm sure you could come up with a better reply than something that basically comes across as a moan ;) 

• Like 3

the barbarians are absolutely epic, and the skeletons which were shown in the teasers are going to be just stunning as well.

@DantePQ I really think that for GW it's more of a recognisable cliche for the non believer.  There's no point preaching to the perverted, you already know the minutae of the factions, but joe walking in off the street sees shiny smashy good guys vs snarly choppy bad guys.  easy.

the other factions will come, and they'll be all flavours of awesome as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

I'm getting tempted by a return to Brayherds. Sold my whole army a few months ago but they're looking pretty cool again. They're desperate for a reboxing though. Units of 20 ungor would be cool. 

I know a guy who runs 2 x 40 and loves them.  for the points cost they are board control death machines.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

SS-minis2.jpg.54a3870788305131f7cd0cbe4a070f89.jpg

It must just be the angle but that top left guy's fingers look extremely disfigured.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. GW seem to be selling it a lot harder than many of their boxed games, like the Khorne one. Pretty lofty claim calling it the ultimate competitive miniatures game in the previews. 

Edited by polarbear

1 minute ago, polarbear said:

It must just be the angle but that top left guy's fingers look extremely disfigured.

I'm interested to see how this turns out. GW seem to be selling it a lot harder than many of their boxed games, like the Khorne one. Pretty lofty claim calling it the ultimate competitive miniatures game in the previews. 

I think it's a photoshop error ;) 

As for GW having lofty claims about how Shadespire is the "ultimate" competitive miniatures game, I think it will be. From what I've seen, it ticks many boxes and seems to be aware about the audience it will be catering for. Time will tell but I think it will get that title (plus what other competitive miniature games do you know of apart from Warmahordes?).

29 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it's a photoshop error ;) 

As for GW having lofty claims about how Shadespire is the "ultimate" competitive miniatures game, I think it will be. From what I've seen, it ticks many boxes and seems to be aware about the audience it will be catering for. Time will tell but I think it will get that title (plus what other competitive miniature games do you know of apart from Warmahordes?).

X-wing? But nobody can blame GW for marketing his game as the "ultimate" competitive game.

What people expect them to say? "Nah, its a pretty mediocre game , but, is fun, I suppose. Buy it, please."? :D 

Edited by Galas
  • Like 3

FWIW shadespire seems to be targeted at the quasi-miniature games like X-Wing.  From the images it seems to be closer to X-Wing.  it will be interesting to see just how "competitive focused" it is, since that usually entails really ironclad rules, very tight balance, and frequent changes to respond to the meta, all things that GW isn't exactly known for in the wargaming world.  So it will be interesting to see how the rules are for it.

Edited by wayniac

I'm getting pretty excited about the new GHB. For a long time I've shied away from the armies and units that seemed in limbo between the purely compendium armies like Tombkings and newly released Armies like Stormcast even newly updated armies like Sylvaneth or Ironjaws(thought some of the updated armies did fall behind). Now I'm not terribly worried about building a Disspossed army and that makes me really happy as had almost pull the trigger on a Dwarf Army at the end of 8th edition, but held off with rumors of "9th edition" and further held off when it looked like the "leftover" armies might be forgotten. Now I'm not as worried about them getting EOL'd in the near future and I really want a regluar Dwarf army. Don't get me wrong, I like my Kharadron Overlords and steampunk and Dwarfs are always a fun combo, but it'll be nice to get a regular Dwarf army together. I might even cross them over as allies from time to time as allies(I'll probably get the SC! Fyreslayers box as my only FS and run them ally only).

And speaking of allies, it's basically all I've wanted since I first the "battleline if" in the GHB. Of the death stuff, I really like the Nighthaunt stuff, the Spirithosts, Hexwraiths, Cairnwraiths, and Tomb Bashshees are some of my favorite models in the game(sorry Black Coach, I hate your model and will never buy you), but it was a very thin army to build out to a full 1000 points, much less 2000 and I'd end up having to plan to bring zombies or skeletons for my battlelines and I'd basically end up with generic death with a few Nighthaunt allies rather than the other way around. So now I'll definitely be building my Nighthaught warband(I didn't have any reason to pull the trigger on buying any until Skirmish came along) into a full army. I'm hoping that one of the Mortis Engine keywords are on the Nighhaunt allies list, because right now it's a worst buy Start Collecting box(but the new Nighthaught mini box is pretty sweet).

The initial release of AOS was Chaos controlling most of the realms and everything was just a mess. The first GHB was Sigmar's big push into the realms to push Chaos back and start making things right. And now with this new book it feels like civilizations are getting established again and starting to thrive and now we're getting see what they're like.

Extremely excited for shadespire. Presumably we will see the skeletons in November and hopefully at least one more faction this year. It has been fairly heavily rumoured that it will be skaven. I really hope that this game takes off and they are able to add new factions regularly. I believe they have said that they will not be doing multiple boxes for the same faction so that means no more Stormcast or bloodbound after the core set.

This is the first new expandable side game GW has made since Inquisitor in 2001. As awesome as it is to see the likes of Necromunda and bloodbowl return this has me more excited than either of those. 

While we are at it, is it just me or is the end of this year completely bonkers.

we have ghb2 next week then season of war after that. In September we have Deathguard and shadespire confirmed. We probably have thousand sons and blight war too. In November we have Necromunda and sepulchral guard, we also have the hobbit warbands book. 

Before the end of the year we have the bloodbowl elf union team, the Minotaur and the troll. We have 5 more 40k codexes and the 40k chapter approved book. 

I cannot remember a busier Autumn for GW ever. 

My only concern is that it looks like the oft rumoured shadow Aelves may not come until next year.

Edited by Chikout

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Extremely excited for shadespire. Presumably we will see the skeletons in November and hopefully at least one more faction this year. It has been fairly heavily rumoured that it will be skaven. I really hope that this game takes off and they are able to add new factions regularly. I believe they have said that they will not be doing multiple boxes for the same faction so that means no more Stormcast or bloodbound after the core set.

This is the first new expandable side game GW has made since Inquisitor in 2001. As awesome as it is to see the likes of Necromunda and bloodbowl return this has me more excited than either of those. 

While we are at it, is it just me or is the end of this year completely bonkers.

I was excited about Shadespire, then I saw my man in the red fall asleep playing it and I started to reconsider...

Shadespire-Gencon7ft.jpg.2857967e9a74b55bf6db2b413a29c0b0.jpg.99797cd11f071dd5d95213e9873b8163.jpg

• Like 7