The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Looks a bit lika a dracoline head.

99120218038_CelestialDrocolines02.jpg

I think this is pretty good spot! My first guess was a wolf/warg over a lion! But this is cool! The arrows make me think it’s not stormcast, could be a chaos model that will drop when they get a battletome! Could be the big bad of the box set or shadow elves... not that I’m wishful or anything ;) 

10 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

I'm thinking maybe Stormcast shoulder pauldron with dead lion draped over?

i don't think it's a stormcast since the new stormcast armor doesn't even have a trim on the pauldrons and the arrows seem off for the ones being wielded by something like judicators

I can't find anything that matches those arrows in the range. It could be a Ghurish cities of Sigmar unit. The arrows don't look sleek enough for Aelves or slipshod enough for destruction. We also already have a rumour image that looks a lot like a Stormcast quiver.

Edited by Chikout

Yeah those arrows have the look of something made out of bamboo or thick reeds or something. The pauldron is thick enough and has a slightly stormcast feel but given we already know what future stormcast arrows look like, I doubt this is that. Moreover the edge of the quiver/arrow bag has a slightly ragged edge, like it's made of rough hide or something. Maybe we have the rim of a hat or something up in the top right?

My suspicion is that this pelt isn't meant to be a specific already named creature (it doesn't quite line up with a dracoline, though it's leonine in general) but rather a sort of generic Ghurish beast, like a 'Prideroarer' or whatever AoS name you want to make up. Something which really only exists to look like a cool defeated monster slain by the person wearing its skin. Could be new destruction faction, could be something for Warcry, could be any number of things really.

As a side note re: rumour reverb and interpretation of things like 'Bretonnian Stormcast', I just recalled that there were eventually accurate rumours that referred to the Ossiarch release as 'Mongolian Tomb Kings'. On the face of it that's way off but it makes some sense when you think of some of the vaguely asian aspects such Ossiarch helmets, sashes and blades. Or when the Sanguinary Guard were just rumoured years ago, someone who turned out to have seen them referred to their swords as 'power rapiers'. They're obviously not, more like a lengthy falchion or something, but the poster saw swords that were refined/elegant/distinct from the gladius/broadsword style of most space marine swords and reached for the first sword-term that had those connotations.

That's the kind of distance you can have between even accurate rumour terminology of visuals and what pans out.

• Like 1

For todays Rumor Engine, that short muzzle shape, canine shape and eye placement are spot on for a Bear. Though it could be some sort of fantasy creature. The teeth are wrong for a Dracoline, at least compared to the current dracoline models we have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

It actually feels quite Druid/classic wood elf to me! The quiver the fur beast trophy, maybe even on the verge of drow like hunter! But elves this soon? I don’t know about that one! 

y'know a rumour engine might come true even after a year so i doubt that any new aelves are coming anytime soon

• Like 1

So I immediately thought of the draped eagle/gryphon head on Emelda Braskov, and assumed this could be from a Knight of Azyr model. `

Then I remembered Yndrasta is a great hunter so I thought it could be tied to her release like possibly part of her retinue. Maybe a unit of angelic hunters with pelts of Azyrian beasts?

Then I thought of bow wielding Eldar Exodites and thought that was a cool idea...

So in the end I have no clue but assume it will be awesome... I also think that many of the theories here are much better than my own. Although, I do think the head looks a little furry for a dracoline, but I am not certain.

Edited by Neverchosen

55 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

It actually feels quite Druid/classic wood elf to me! The quiver the fur beast trophy, maybe even on the verge of drow like hunter! But elves this soon? I don’t know about that one! 

I actually think this could be wood elves or something alike. These rumours can take a year or more before we see some kind of model.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I actually think this could be wood elves or something alike. These rumours can take a year or more before we see some kind of model.

I cross checked the arrows with the beast grave and cursed city models and sadly they do not have the bamboo styled shafts. In no way definitive, but had it matched I would have considered it a lock. 

On 5/9/2021 at 4:33 PM, rosa said:

I take over for the negative part 😅

I really dislike the move from GW regarding SCE. 

At least going away from battalions as a whole will be good for SCE. There are 31 battalions for SCE on warscroll builder and somehow GW managed to make them all terrible, that is quite a feat!

I must admit even though I painted up a bunch of Liberators and Judicators, I still look forward to the new models. I know they might label them as different, but we all know this is sort of a visual retcon and we will probably see this more medieval and lean look for stormcasts moving forward.

I have decided to just look forward to them as an entirely new army project, as I do not think the more cartoony scheme with extreme highlights I am using right now, will work as well on this more "realistic" approach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1