The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Uncas said:

For those interested the pre-orders for path to glory and new start collecting sets are up on the NZ GW site. 

The factions with war bands in the path to glory book are:

Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, Clans Pestilens, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Seraphon, Order (chosen from Human, Aelf and Duardin models), Ironjawz, Beastclaw Raiders, Bonesplitterz, Destruction (chosen from Orruk, Grot and Ogor models), Flesh-Eater Courts and Death

'Beasts of Chaos' - does that mean Brayherd and Warherd are being brought back together?

• Like 1

Heads up. The new collecting sets are up. Not only magmadroth and 10 berserkers but also with 2 heros (runeson + smother I think)

beastclaw: indeed with four mournfang 

and slaanesh a exalted chariot 5 seekers 10 daemonettes 

great deals all round and with battalions for the sets it seems. 

Edit: an hour later the page is already taken down :/ Nope not true it only shows on phone. 

Edited by Kramer

I ordered the Fyreslayer SC straight away! Such a fantastic deal, I've loved the Fyreslayers since they came out but they were quite expensive so I stuck with just getting 10 Vulkites for my Order army. Now I'll have a full detachment in there: 20 Vulkites, 1 Runefather on Magmadroth, Runeson, Runesmiter, Doomseeker and Auric Runemaster. 

Can't to get them painted up! 

Heads up to anyone in the UK, if you order them from Firestorm and include the Heelan coupon, the total price is £40.16 - cannot go wrong there!

• Like 3

I have to say... the new Beastclaw SC box is value... buy two of them for around 80 pounds, add another Stornhorn/Thundertusk for another 30 pounds and you are at a 2000 point army with some bodies on the table for just 110 pounds.  Good game GW for this one.

• Like 1

The Magmadroth cost now 65€ (because if you buy it separate they send you the SC box). 

Down 20€ from 85€ that it costed before. Is this the first time GW does a straigth down cost reduction without reboxing it, making the box more expensive overall but lower per model (stormcast style)?

And people say that voting with your wallet is useless!

Edited by Galas

3 hours ago, Galas said:

The Magmadroth cost now 65€ (because if you buy it separate they send you the SC box). 

Down 20€ from 85€ that it costed before. Is this the first time GW does a straigth down cost reduction without reboxing it, making the box more expensive overall but lower per model (stormcast style)?

And people say that voting with your wallet is useless!

Yes, as far as I can recall this is the first time in history there's been a straight price drop on a GW product.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 2:36 PM, wayniac said:

Yes, as far as I can recall this is the first time in history there's been a straight price drop on a GW product.

This is what happens when the Chicago Cubs win the World Series, anything  can happen now!  All we need next is for Valve to release Half-life 3 or HL 2: Episode 3 for the last in truly impossible events to occur!

Edited by BunkhouseBuster

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, daedalus81 said:

This looks so familiar for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it.

June28RumourEngine.jpg

When flipping through the SCE battletome it looks a lot like the lord commander image.

So much so I think we can say its 99% match.  Probably for a new campaign series.

WP_20170719_08_53_05_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Other stormcast.

they are the protagonists of the story.  I think we as a community need to come to terms with it. They are used to move the plot forward, introduce new parts of the realm which in turn introduces new armies.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

The received a new battletome a few months ago. They being the protagonist is not an excuse (at least for me) to give them a third of all the releases every year.

well I'm beginning to think them getting a new battletome at that time was not planned.

We know that the summer campaign determined the release order, maybe GW never planned on releasing that so soon.

I am in that boat too. I got a whole group of gamers that love AOS but only one is playing Stormcast. He is one happy camper as he can pretty much counter everything he is facing while the remaining players struggle to synergize and/or faction mix to stay head above water. The result has been that the SC guy wins a lot and players slowly start to loose interest. Surely SC has become the spacemarines/test drivers and super heroes of AOS but its slowly choking those players that feel constantly left behind.

For a fact most of the group don't even use alliance abilities as the SC options are way better than the generic ones from GHB. 

• Like 1

I am in that boat too. I got a whole group of gamers that love AOS but only one is playing Stormcast. He is one happy camper as he can pretty much counter everything he is facing while the remaining players struggle to synergize and/or faction mix to stay head above water. The result has been that the SC guy wins a lot and players slowly start to loose interest. Surely SC has become the spacemarines/test drivers and super heroes of AOS but its slowly choking those players that feel constantly left behind.
For a fact most of the group don't even use alliance abilities as the SC options are way better than the generic ones from GHB. 

You have to appreciate that GW will focus on what pulls the most revenue in. More players is surely better for the localised communities. And it can't be all doom and gloom. You've even stated that only one player is SC in your group, so the others can't be that bad .... I appreciate that he maybe able to counter a lot of things but it's a low model count army so that won't be all the time. With new allegiance abilities around the corner (?) mixed armies may make a jump up in popularity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, CountryMou3e said:

You have to appreciate that GW will focus on what pulls the most revenue in. More players is surely better for the localised communities. And it can't be all doom and gloom. You've even stated that only one player is SC in your group, so the others can't be that bad .... I appreciate that he maybe able to counter a lot of things but it's a low model count army so that won't be all the time. With new allegiance abilities around the corner (?) mixed armies may make a jump up in popularity

just play with no allegiance abilities to level the playing field and make it more fun

3 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Yep thats what I was referring to, he is first in line surely for that role. plus he already now as a warscroll. 

True which helps new players recognize him if they start during the second campaign

1 hour ago, CountryMou3e said:

IMO the key problem with this logic is that it's classic short-term focused business thinking. It sacrifices long term growth for short term profit. At any given point in time, it will always be the most profitable choice to put out something new for the most popular faction. The problem is that this tends to build ill-will in the community and inhibit growth. If a new player is investigating the hobby, they may be turned off when players tell them that one or two factions get far more content than the others. They may not like the favored factions, or they ma be turned off by the idea of favoritism to begin with. In the end, the new players that are most likely to be fine with the situation will be those that like the favored faction, and the existing players that are most likely to quit are those who see release after release for the same faction while theirs sits untouched. This causes a vicious cycle where over time more and more of the playerbase skews toward the favored factions, which in turn makes it harder for GW to justify releases for other factions. Thus stagnation sets in, and the more extreme the imbalance gets the more growth gets inhibited by the loss of existing players and the losses in opportunities to recruit new players.

Unfortunately it's hard to quantify these later factors while it's easy to quote sales numbers.

• Like 1

IMO the key problem with this logic is that it's classic short-term focused business thinking. It sacrifices long term growth for short term profit. At any given point in time, it will always be the most profitable choice to put out something new for the most popular faction. The problem is that this tends to build ill-will in the community and inhibit growth.

They seem to have done well enough out of it so far this century. Its never going to change while they are a traded (shares) company. Unknown long term gain at certain short term loss (or less profit than possible) is a gamble no-one is ever going to take. Its not even worth discussing unless you can afford enough shares in GW to influence it, but then you wont as it will be your money at risk LOL!

• Like 2