The Rumour Thread

Just now, Hollow said:

Can you elaborate on that a bit please? I'm confused. 

the rumour was that you will get armies and those will be available to purchase only for a limited time basically forced scarcity - that idea would have to begin in GW in like 2013-14 so honestly I can see it. 

19 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I mean...

• new skeletons
  • new zombies
  • new dire wolves
  • new blood knights
  • new generic vampire lord
  • prince of rats
  • thirsting blade
  • radukar super-saiyan
  • belladama
  • mother of nightmares/vengorian lord

bolted onto an already pretty solid range of plastics... That's a good update on its own. There's a few conceivable slots they could have filled (vampire non-character infantry, some sort of cavalry vampire lord) but that's a very decent release, much more than was expected a few months ago.

New bat swarms too got previewed in the faith and damnation online preview back in march, New mounted Wight King too.

This is a pretty large single release.

Looks particularly solid since the SGL are carrying over kits from legions of nagash like the corpse cart.

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Can you elaborate on that a bit please? I'm confused. 

Basically when AoS was being leaked months before it was an announced thing, one of the bits of information was that all AoS armies would be smaller, limited time releases, in an effort to appeal to the New Army Syndrome impulse buyers (you know how every new army reveal has the slue of "OMG RIP MY WALLET!" and "I wasn't going to start an X army but now I want to!" reactions?)

Whilst GW has seemingly moved away from this plan, the initial releases of Fyreslayers and mini-Chamber releases for Stormcast seem to support it. Basically Fyreslayers haven't had anything since because GW didn't ever plan on them being around for more than a year or two, at least initially. So even if GW changed tactics very early, it would still be a very long wait for anything Fyreslayer (and maybe Ironjawz/Idoneth) because we know there's around a four-year design-to-release cycle and they had no plans to make new stuff for them.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

the rumour was that you will get armies and those will be available to purchase only for a limited time basically forced scarcity - that idea would have to begin in GW in like 2013-14 so honestly I can see it. 

I still don't understand this?

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Basically when AoS was being leaked months before it was an announced thing, one of the bits of information was that all AoS armies would be smaller, limited time releases, in an effort to appeal to the New Army Syndrome impulse buyers (you know how every new army reveal has the slue of "OMG RIP MY WALLET!" and "I wasn't going to start an X army but now I want to!" reactions?) Whilst GW has seemingly moved away from this plan, arguably the initial releases of Fyreslayers and the self-contained Stormcast chambers supports this. 

So are we saying this is going to be a thing now? Or it was but it no longer is?

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

New Dire Wolves are AWESOME. 

Love Radukar.

Queen of Nighmares...feels a bit too much like an Everblight model to me.

If only Everblight models looked like this! I still have nightmares because of those metal Nyss swordsmen :D

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think those might be Cursed City expansion models that will be released later as just Soulblight things.
They look too unique to be anything else and have quite decorative basing stuff that you'd expect from something not rank-and-file fodder.

23 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

wolves will ride

I'm wondering if we may return to big grand alliance books temporarily for the start of 3.0 and then have a gradual book release for specific factions.

Could even be no new faction specific tomes and just story arcs with rule updates like Broken Realms had.

Screenshot_20210503-130701.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130743.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-130426.jpg

Wooo, goblins/small orcs with more elaborate armor would be fantastic

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, ZaelART said:

So are we saying this is going to be a thing now? Or it was but it no longer is?

no no nothing like that, the smaller and more compact range of the earlier armies would suggest that something like that could have been planned but it was thankfully scraped. I just thin kthe new norm will be 2 fold releases for new armies

5 minutes ago, ZaelART said:

It was a thing, but because the design cycle is around four years from planning to release the wait for new Fyreslayer stuff was always going to be a very long one and might be why a lot of AoS-only 1.0 armies don't tend to see new release waves (Fyreslayers, Idoneth, Ironjawz, Kharadrons, Stormcast who aren't from brand new Chambers/one-off characters) 

Presumably Endless Spells/Terrain is excluded from this because they're literally Made In China, although the Dirigable Squit Edrinrigger might prove this is nonsense, but there was a three year gap between AoS release and the Kharadrons so maybe not given the lack of FS/Ironjawz/Idoneth.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

edit: forgot GW actually addressed the original Soulblight leak

@Whitefang do we get clarification on Kragnos being sealed away? Obviously his BR book will explain the showdown with Gordrakk, but I'm interested in seeing how he was trapped and whether he lost his people during that defeat

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 minute ago, Painbringer said:

If only Everblight models looked like this! I still have nightmares because of those metal Nyss seordsmen :D

You saw the most recent Pride of Everblight model? She is meant to be beautiful, reflection of Everblight aesthetics.

One of most horrible models I ever saw, just plain ugly. Rumors are true, I guess, PP can not afford good sculpt artists anymore.

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Basically when AoS was being leaked months before it was an announced thing, one of the bits of information was that all AoS armies would be smaller, limited time releases, in an effort to appeal to the New Army Syndrome impulse buyers (you know how every new army reveal has the slue of "OMG RIP MY WALLET!" and "I wasn't going to start an X army but now I want to!" reactions?)

Whilst GW has seemingly moved away from this plan, the initial releases of Fyreslayers and mini-Chamber releases for Stormcast seem to support it. Basically Fyreslayers haven't had anything since because GW didn't ever plan on them being around for more than a year or two, at least initially. So even if GW changed tactics very early, it would still be a very long wait for anything Fyreslayer (and maybe Idoneth) because we know there's around a four-year design-to-release cycle and they had no plans to make new stuff for them.

this would explain why I feel like GW hasn't fully committed to AOS sometimes, and really explains the staggered LRL release because we know that was not all because of COVID delays...

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

SBGL fans if you're slightly disappointed, remember we still haven't seen this generic lord yet. or matched that wolf-y leg to a reveal, and I don't think the ghoul/FEC arm grasping a sword has made it into a reveal yet either 👀

r/ageofsigmar - Potentially Leaked, New Model for a New Army, the Soulblight Gravelords

@Whitefang do we get clarification on Kragnos being sealed away? Obviously his BR book will explain the showdown with Gordrakk, but I'm interested in seeing how he was trapped and whether he lost his people during that defeat

They showed that model officially a while ago (you can see her in the army shot from the article today too). And they’ve now said we’ve seen everything. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

SBGL fans if you're slightly disappointed, remember we still haven't seen this generic lord yet. or matched that wolf-y leg to a reveal, and I don't think the ghoul/FEC arm grasping a sword has made it into a reveal yet either 👀

r/ageofsigmar - Potentially Leaked, New Model for a New Army, the Soulblight Gravelords

We have seen this model. The same week the potato cam images started circulating.

In fact it is front and center in todays army shots of the new army.

Don't mislead people, and get their hopes up when GW ha been clear so far that what we have seen is it. We have seen it all mate.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

We saw this one already in a preview, plus you can see it in the lower corner of the big image they've got for the army.

I agree with others that Soulblight Gravelords aren't in a position that's comparable to the one Lumineth Realm Lords were in. We've actually got a fairly big amount of new models (I think the issue might be that their reveal has been too spread out?) and they have a solid foundation of existing ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

We have seen this model. The same week the potato cam images started circulating.

In fact it is front and center in todays army shots of the new army.

Don't mislead people, and get their hopes up when GW ha been clear so far that what we have seen is it. We have seen it all mate.

Yup, that's it... But, I reckon there's more to come 6 months down the line LRL style