The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Lowki said:

That is what i really hope for , It is one of things  I like so much about the aleguzzler set too, and I kinda exoected the new mega gargant set to be something similar. i started to doubt lately. though. So far i have seen no sign of anthing  else than what was on the three built options shown at the original reveal. I.e. the latest picture shared on facebook of the kraken  eater ( named character, dont knw the name by heart), which is  clearly a different paint job  but doesnt seem to have any other bits  than what was on the karaken eater shown at the reveal, or any picture of it shared after that. unless I missed it of course.

And maybe it is also not realistic to expect more from a kit that already have three built options  which are all quiet different  from eachother. That is already a lot of plastic left after buikding one of them.

is there any particular reason why you are so sure there will be any more  bits in the box not yet shown? Please say there is :)

The Aleguzzler kit just had quite a few extras for the base and seeing that the Megas base is enormous it would make sense to have options to put on there.

• Thanks 1

That giant kit came from a very different era of warhammer models though. Back then the fashion was very much for kits with ooads of interchangeable parts, so that you could mix and match almost everything to make unique looking models. But pretty much since then they've moved towards the idea of having several build options each of which is unique, but essentially monopose, without much potential for customisation. (Besides really converting it anyway.)

Its the price we pay for more technically complex minis!

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

That giant kit came from a very different era of warhammer models though. Back then the fashion was very much for kits with ooads of interchangeable parts, so that you could mix and match almost everything to make unique looking models. But pretty much since then they've moved towards the idea of having several build options each of which is unique, but essentially monopose, without much potential for customisation. (Besides really converting it anyway.)

Yeah I think you are definately right about that. As you say it is the price we pay for the more dynamic poses (which is the fasion now I think)  and therefore more complex miniatures. I have seen lots of compaints about new models being monopose, but personally I can understand why it is much harder to make these models fit with multiple built options than the far more static poses of the rank and file units we saw much more often in the past.

I guess some people would be more happy with  more static models for the larger baseline units, and more dynamic for leaders and smaller units. But that doesnt seem to be the direction GW is going. 

sttill, that doesnt mean there cant be a lot of bits for the base, as KingBrodd says it is a huge base, that allows for a lot of variation, would be a shame if if it doesnt have any options for it inside the box (the models shown have a rather dull looking base though)

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I think is fake.

GW is talking almost every day about the release of the SoB very soon.

If it is true that means a lot of weeks with 40k releases, it's very strange, they usually alternate games releases.

40k have fake rumours every month.

Another point is Ben painting two armies, the Gargant army a few weeks ago and the Troggoth army at this moment... he knows things...

Unfortunately, there's high possibility that it is not a fake. Some FLGS already confirmed the pre-order date.

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok, we're on date with the audiobook. I was thinking that the audiobook is released the 10th but that date is the pre-order so it's fine and I'm happy again!!!!Ok, we're on date with the audiobook. I was thinking all the time that the audiobook is released the 10th but that date is the pre-order so it's fine and I'm very happy again, they are coming as we expected!!!!

behemat-ocrober.jpg

1 hour ago, Lowki said:

Fingers crossed, as you say it would make sense.

so we exoect it to be be pre order on 10th , release 17th right. With a major Necron/space marines release for next week first?

Yes the 10th does seem to actually be the date, I think the Facebook posting hyped myself and others up far to quick Haha. Glad that they're finally coming though!! 

I fully expect to see the Facebook comments, when it's not the Sons this evening, moaning about being lied to when in fact as we have seen the Audio Drama gives us the most solid release date yet. 

*My fingers and toes are still crossed just in case but I wont be shocked if they're not announced today.

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I hasve been assembling the Lumineth kits from the starter box and been really missing those bunch of extra bits. It is kinda sad to not have options like older kits used to have.

Also miss those cool bits to add to bases.

You dont like few spare shields? :D

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

You dont like few spare shields? :D

Oh, really cant complain about shields! There is enough shields to build a fort !

What i miss is the spare pouches, daggers, medals, scenary and so on.  Also missed extra flags on dawnriders. Would love extras for conversions

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

If I look at the Escher Necromunda sets (2017 and 2020), they are both dynamic and give lots of build options. I believe other sets also have that. So there is precedence for a best of both worlds.

Edited by zilberfrid

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If I look at the Escher Necromunda sets (2017 and 2020), they are both dynamic and give lots of build options. I believe other sets also have that. So there is precedence for a best of both worlds.

That's good to hear, I've never built a Necromunder kit, but if they can strike a balance there, then there is no reason why they can't for AoS.

8 hours ago, Lowki said:

personally I can understand why it is much harder to make these models fit with multiple built options than the far more static poses of the rank and file units we saw much more often in the past.

I guess some people would be more happy with  more static models for the larger baseline units, and more dynamic for leaders and smaller units. But that doesnt seem to be the direction GW is going. 

I understand it as well but it’s still a shame. I used kairic acolyte bodies with different heads for my Slaanesh warriors. And this neck to head connections were a pain. I wouldn’t be able to do that when I started. 
I also have about 2,5 k of stormcast and very little stormcast bits left over. 

both things discourage converting when you start the hobby I expect. Again it’s understandable and I’ll take more dynamic models any day, but i also can’t help but wish I had more bits left over and easier combining of different kits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

120215863_15108340324msjyt.jpg

These character driven Megas are ****** incredible and I am over the Bad Moon that they are keeping their Jump Up and Down attacks!!

30 minutes ago, michu said:

As soon as the 40K sheet leaked I think we all had the sinking feeling...BUT it means next Sunday they will announce the Sons of Behemat for their 10th of October Pre Order date!! In a few weeks we will feel the earth tremble beneath our feet as Bundo Whalebiter, One-Eyed Grunnock and company shake the Mortal Realms to their core!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1