The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Im expecting the basic look of the order serpentis models and privateers but moving it more towards the Tenebrael Shard. So really pale skin tones, dark blacks and purple, a lot of spikes, wicked blades but lightly armoured and a little bit of 'decay/former glory' as a theme (look at the shards cape for an example of that). 

Add to that a bit demonic power for the elite units and a big *ss melakith/dragon fusion that will put the archaon model to shame ;) But that might be more wishing than expecting. 

The thing about the Tenebrael Shard is that it takes the old Warhammer Staple of "Dark Elve Assassin", but instead of going for the old cloaked figure design, goes for, essentially, a male Witch Elf (remember, assassins where a part of the Witch Elf Cult in the World-That-Was). I think the tattered fabric is actually the good old "we wear human (or humanoid) skin" look, it is the same sculpting as found on Dark Eldar Homunculi and Fabius Bile.

One, "new" bit on both of the Shadowkin is the use of hooked blades. While blades of similar design are lond a staple of GW Dark Elves and Eldar, I know no precedent of such a strong forward curve. To stay nautical, they look almost like fishing hooks.

And yeah, Malerion being an Aelf/Dragon fusion, I too would expect some of his followers to follow suit in a lesser degree.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

think it will be akin to that, but also tied in with the old Lore of Shadow and Wind of Uglu, which was not described as dark, but misty grey and infused with illusion. The same way other AoS releases reference the old Winds, such as the prominent use of keys on Fyreslayers, keys having been an old Symbol of the Lore of Aqshy.

P.s.: I just noticed that the Tenebrael Shard carries a birds skull, just as the Mistweaver Sai does. I thought it was a fighting Tzeentch reference on the Sai, but both Shadowkin have the element and none of the other ST heroes do. I am very curious now, with no idea what to make of it, but I am quite certain the release will be quite the blast of new Lore.

In the sliver tower novel they are working together for sure because another mistweaver and shard work together to murder their group mates in another group when the gaunt summoner goes over to look at others. Also I can't believe I overlooked the tentacle on shard's base. xD That was a good spot Rogue also the bird skulls as well you have to look quite closely at shard but he has a similar bird skull just like the mistweaver has one on her buckle. 

When the main group of the novel ask her why she is in the tower she told them they would not understand the gravity of her mission for being there.

So I think it's a given they are a part of the same faction. As I said before the mistweavers powers pretty much can drive people insane to the point they rip out their eye balls. Also her warscrolls describes her as sowing discord and confusion with her magic as well. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

And yeah, Malerion being an Aelf/Dragon fusion, I too would expect some of his followers to follow suit in a lesser degree.

exactly! But I don't expect the whole faction to be heavily affected. Just some elites/heroes that kind of stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think the tattered fabric is actually the good old "we wear human (or humanoid) skin" look, it is the same sculpting as found on Dark Eldar Homunculi and Fabius Bile.

Could very well be! But the tatters still stand out. Nowhere in the corsair faction are the cloaks tatters, neither with the fleetmasters. So maybe it's just that the printing is improved and GW could finally add those details :D Or it's a different style choice. Which I personally think fits very well with 'uses every action movie ever voice over voice':  the realm of shadows, the realm that nobody dares enter, and none leave alive. A realm full of hidden dangers and deadly creatures. A realm you enter at you own risk' ;) 

9 minutes ago, shinros said:

Also I can't believe I overlooked the tentacle on shard's base. xD 

those aren't tentacles! They are some kind of spiked fauna. (at least that is what it looks like to me) 

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

exactly! But I don't expect the whole faction to be heavily affected. Just some elites/heroes that kind of stuff. 

Could very well be! But the tatters still stand out. Nowhere in the corsair faction are the cloaks tatters, neither with the fleetmasters. So maybe it's just that the printing is improved and GW could finally add those details :D Or it's a different style choice. Which I personally think fits very well with 'uses every action movie ever voice over voice':  the realm of shadows, the realm that nobody dares enter, and none leave alive. A realm full of hidden dangers and deadly creatures. A realm you enter at you own risk' ;) 

those aren't tentacles! They are some kind of spiked fauna. (at least that is what it looks like to me) 

I dunno they don't seem like spiked fauna and if it was why paint it purple of all colours? They seem more tentacle like to me and the whiteish highlight near the end of it. Well that's speculation for you. 

Also I just want to add those bits coming out of the mistweaver arms? Look kinda creepy honestly. 

Edited by shinros

With GW's attention on adding a big (character) miniature to a faction, I wonder what Aelves might get. Imagine having Tyrion and Teclis, or Malekith as something like Yncarne figure.  Wouldn't that be something to see.

Edited by Tiger

Fluff update on the new warhammer quest from atia(It's not all of it), I kinda want to buy this thing now take down my local store to play on game nights. GW PLEASE give us a new AOS RPG or new mordheim. *rolls on the floor crying*

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1734

Images

fluff1.jpg

fluff3.jpg

fluff5.jpg

fluff6.jpg

fluff7.jpg

fluff8.jpg

fluff9.jpg

fluff10.jpg

fluff11.jpg

Details on the new warhammer quest. 

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1731

Edited by shinros

1 minute ago, Soulsmith said:

My favourite thing about this is it is so reminiscent of WHFRP. The character drawings especially are near identical to the type found in Denizens of the Empire.

It's the same person who did the artwork for mordheim, what I am really liking is that the fluff like city of secrets is like a awesome blend of high and low fantasy. 

• Like 4

I can not put into words how happy I am to see "sketchy illustrations one can not buy as mini, but would really like to convert one for" in AoS, it is like a fundamental part of the hobby was still missing for me^^

I'll actually save myself from reading the Lore bits until I can get my hands on the booklet and gorge myself on it in one go.

It all looks very promising though. I hope GW offers more like this and with those illustrations, I think WHFRP is back on the table for use in the Mortal Realms!

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I can not put into words how happy I am to see "sketchy illustrations one can not buy as mini, but would really like to convert one for" in AoS, it is like a fundamental part of the hobby was still missing for me^^

Just wait until they re-release the Freeguild as a purely ratcatcher-themed faction. Rat pelts all-round, Rat-Gryph cavalry, Aetherrat flyers and Wererat monstrous infantry.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

Just wait until they re-release the Freeguild as a purely ratcatcher-themed faction. Rat pelts all-round, Rat-Gryph cavalry, Aetherrat flyers and Wererat monstrous infantry.

A skaven's worst nightmare made manifest. That would be a pretty cool conversion army a free guild regiment experts at rat slaying. 

New post on warhammer community the villains of this box. Guess who the main antagonist is?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/21/closer-look-the-villains/

Finally, we have Lord Redomir, a Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh.

Long has he, and sorcerers like him, attempted to draw the attention of their lost Chaos God, but to no avail. Now he thinks he may have found a way to locate and awaken his gorged and sleeping deity. Gathering to him followers of Chaos and binding them with promises of bloodshed, mayhem and desolation, he has forged an alliance and seeks to fulfil his destiny…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barimbino said:

I really hope they don't go all "chaosy" with the Aelves. I love the whole dark and almost evil side of the Mistweaver/ Tenabreal Shard. But anything beyond that I think would sort of ruin them for me.

Too many order factions though. I wish the factions didn't sound so definitive.

2 hours ago, shinros said:

New post on warhammer community the villains of this box. Guess who the main antagonist is?

Long has he, and sorcerers like him, attempted to draw the attention of their lost Chaos God, but to no avail. Now he thinks he may have found a way to locate and awaken his gorged and sleeping deity. Gathering to him followers of Chaos and binding them with promises of bloodshed, mayhem and desolation, he has forged an alliance and seeks to fulfil his destiny…

Oh yes.  Most excellent.

45 minutes ago, elfhead said:

The main antagonist being a slaanesh sorcereria excellent. I think it is a really cool idea that a Slaaneshi character uses the minions of other Gods to further his goals. 

I think what I love most about this, even though I don't think I'm going to buy the game, is that they're moving a ton of things around in the lore without connecting it to the release of new models or armies. They're using a low-cost approach that gives new narrative context to models people might already own. Everyone talks about how they're gonna phase out all the old stuff and so on and so on, but it looks like they're just having fun fitting the Old World into the Mortal Realms in creative ways. Still not going to buy the game, but I like where the lore is going.

12 hours ago, shinros said:

This might be enough for me to buy into the Warhammer Quest. Silver tower did not do a lot for me but this really ties it to the lore as far as i'm up to date/interested in.