The Rumour Thread

So, I suspect for some time now that Witch Elves would get the Fyreslayer treatment and the Original Slaanesh armylist in Slaves to Darkness included Witch Elves. Just a thought, should this (rather salty) rumor turn out to be true.

Personally I hope Slaanesh is still some time away, for the purely egostic reason that I already plan to start up some Slaanesh when I have my Tzeentch army up and running, which will take some time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

The rumour engine rumbles deep below the earth, its noxious fumes sending the community into a reverie over a tiny set shape once once more!

SprueShot-320x320.jpg

Do they literally have engineers designing these kits? The detail that goes into these kits is insane.

Just now, Veterannoob said:

rrriiiiiiiiiightt. As much as I would love this to be duardin (and maybe I'll be surprised and it is) I think 40K with Gathering Storm campaign continuing. Maybe it's Necromunda and a shot out of nowhere will hit us. xD

Gathering Storm is all Eldar (Aeldari?), so unless this is a rumor for way off in the spring I would imagine it's not that. 

5 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Gathering Storm is all Eldar (Aeldari?), so unless this is a rumor for way off in the spring I would imagine it's not that. 

Gathering Storm is the campaign title, began with Fall of Cadia last month (imperium and Chaos mostly), now book 2 (Eldar) in February and next month book 3 (unknown).

17 minutes ago, Veterannoob said:

Gathering Storm is the campaign title, began with Fall of Cadia last month (imperium and Chaos mostly), now book 2 (Eldar) in February and next month book 3 (unknown).

Yeah, I meant the next installment, just typing too fast. It could very well be for a future FoC book, but I feel like with the all-but-confirmed Duardin and the aesthetic, it's more likely to be AoS.

IMO, the only time you see that much gear styling in 40k is AdMech. Not only have they just gotten a release in Cawl, but this also doesn't have nearly enough skulls on it for AdMech. Doubtful in my mind that it's 40k.

Well, I think this is AoS, mostly since 40k mechanics tend to be either more advanced or more ramshackle. But, since we have been suspecting Steamhead around the corner since December at least now, I will withhold any further speculation.

1 hour ago, Barimbino said:

Do they literally have engineers designing these kits? The detail that goes into these kits is insane.

If I remember correctly from some WD a few years back, at least one or two designers, who mostly do 40k vehicles, do have professional engineering knowledge, though I am not sure if it was an actual degree.

1 hour ago, Mossback said:

I think they are only showing half of it. There is what appears to be a hinge on the lower right side, and it is definitely a locking mechanism.  My guess is some entry hatch, or a cover for a boiler or coal fired furnace.

Actually this makes sense to me.  It feels too small to even fit a dwarf.  Some sort of fuel hatch clicks.

Edited by daedalus81