The Rumour Thread

New Death trailer screams TK to me. The bones, the accent, the music, the architecture, I don't see anything there that suggests Krell at all.

We've had a Tomb Kings rumor for a while now, so it's not exactly shocking news.

That said, not convinced it's Settra. It certainly could be, a lot of these old world Gods/characters have convenient amnesia problems, but there isn't much that points to him specifically.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

No one has talked about this yet directly. But I really like the setting of the new Underworlds Season:

Bringing the ultimate competitive miniatures game to the heart of a living mountain in Ghur, the Realm of Beasts, we’re incredibly excited to see just what warbands and mechanics we can look forward to.

Ghur is such a cool realm. I really hope they will explore Ghur-ian themes more in AoS. If they really focus on Ghur I am utterly excited with the new concepts they will come up with.

Edited by Infeston

1 minute ago, madmac said:

New Death trailer screams TK to me. The bones, the accent, the music, the architecture, I don't see anything there that suggests Krell at all.

We've had a Tomb Kings rumor for a while now, so it's not exactly shocking news.

That said, not convinced it's Settra. It certainly could be, a lot of these old world Gods/characters have convenient amnesia problems, but there isn't much that points to him specifically.

I think Bone rattle rather than Tomb Kings. The architecture/the music/the accent gave me a northern India/Mughal vibe.

124684-004-07547A0D.jpg.16ee3fe82bdcd3bd316aba24b6799efc.jpg

776410567_Jama_Masjid_is_the_largest_mosque_in_India._Delhi_India..jpg.62c7aae2795e01f0b2a7ba12bd2d06e6.jpg

The lore also speaks of kingdoms of bones rules over by wight kings. I can see them establish their own cities of death/necropolis. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

I am not so certain it is Wanderers. Looking at the lower half of the archer in the trailer and I get the sense this is a new, hopefully, aelf faction. I believe you can make out satyr like legs on it. 

Before DoK had a book, you didn't have witches with bat wings or snake tails, either. The Witches/Sisters/Cauldron/Medusa/Hag and Doomfire Warlocks were all old dark elf models, they added the Melusai, Khenerai, and Morathi and ta da, new faction.

This looks to me like a similar thing for Wanderers, taking the Wild Rider/Wardancer aesthetic and pushing it to the next level. I suspect they'll include at least most of the current Wanderer range just because the similarity is too obvious to overlook.  If I had to guess probably dropping the Glade Guard (old) most of the finecast/metal Heroes, and maaaybe Sisters of the Watch.

I think GW knows how much of a big deal Settra is too people and if Settra was to comeback he would be more front and centre. 

Plus "Settra does not serve, Settra rules." is so much of a calling card for him that I think GW would use it when announcing Settra for AoS.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

This looks to me like a similar thing for Wanderers, taking the Wild Rider/Wardancer aesthetic and pushing it to the next level. I suspect they'll include at least most of the current Wanderer range just because the similarity is too obvious to overlook.  If I had to guess probably dropping the Glade Guard (old) most of the finecast/metal Heroes, and maaaybe Sisters of the Watch.

Not droping sisters. It is a great looking model and is a dual kit with Shadow Warriors, showed in the display for the book.

Just now, Thiagoma said:

Not droping sisters. It is a great looking model and is a dual kit with Shadow Warriors, showed in the display for the book.

I meant dropping them from a hypothetical new Wanderer army, not from the game entirely. I do think it's unlikely though.

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

Dude, there hasn't been a Tomb Kings rumor because they are not happening in AoS.

And that was pretty clearly a cheesy Slavic accent, rather than a cheesy Egyptian accent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Heard it.  Wasn't impressed.  Speculation from a nothingburger

Your denial is just "speculation from a nothingburger" too, surely?

As is my belief that there might be "something" to it.

We're all nothingburgers at the end of the day, but people with fairly popular podcasts maybe slightly less so.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Your denial is just "speculation from a nothingburger" too, surely?

As is my belief that there might be "something" to it.

We're all nothingburgers at the end of the day, but people with fairly popular podcasts maybe slightly less so.

I'll be happy to listen to it again, but if I remember correctly, Tom's assertion was more "I think GW is probably going to do this..." instead of "I've heard that GW is doing this..."

In other words, speculation =/= rumor 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Arkhan the "I already have a model and exist in AoS"? That Arkhan?

Yea, it's low hanging fruit for a "new" faction if the centrepiece model is already out there.

Why does it have to be a new model necessarily? 

Edited by Kyriakin