The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Bjornas said:

Hahaha so I'm not the only one planning to wait up half the night just to see new plastic models I'm likely not gonna buy then. :'D

GW has certainly learned how to build up hype online!

Honestly for a company that spent its first time dipping its toes online by dealing with a dumpster fire of a forum that burned to ashes so badly its gone from the internet and which was just a hot bed of contention. Which then burned GW so bad they spent years avoiding ANY online marketing beyond the "new releases" page on the store - to now pushing out content every day of the year in multiple media formats and on multiple social media sites - GW has had a vast turn around in terms of marketing. 

Also I can't tell if the chariots blades love me or just wish they were metal so they could stab me ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly for a company that spent its first time dipping its toes online by dealing with a dumpster fire of a forum that burned to ashes so badly its gone from the internet and which was just a hot bed of contention. Which then burned GW so bad they spent years avoiding ANY online marketing beyond the "new releases" page on the store - to now pushing out content every day of the year in multiple media formats and on multiple social media sites - GW has had a vast turn around in terms of marketing. 

Also I can't tell if the chariots blades love me or just wish they were metal so they could stab me ;)

14 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I'm also staying up for it! Hope it's worth it! 

8 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

That's how they show their love.

My wait doesn't feel as bad since I'm actually in EST. Still don't actually want to wait another hour and a half though. 

Honestly this feels a bit like a social/market experiment on GWs part, like, how much traffic can they actually generate from new miniature reveals in the middle of the night!?

Naw its more that their USA market is utterly huge and thus its good for them to give it some attention like the time slot on reveals at events in the USA and not just events in the UK. So its only the middle of the night for the UK and EU block; for the USA its only 9pm so right in the thick of a big gaming event.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Naw its more that their USA market is utterly huge and thus its good for them to give it some attention like the time slot on reveals at events in the USA and not just events in the UK. So its only the middle of the night for the UK and EU block; for the USA its only 9pm so right in the thick of a big gaming event.

Naw I like my conspiracy theory better :)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, prochuvi said:

Agree with you.

As fyreslayer player is hilarious that we have 2 boxes of units and 4 boxes of heroes in the almost 4 years since the release but in this time i see how stormcast get every year 4-7 boxes.

In 4 years seeing gw store items

Fyreslayers:22

Stormcast:64 

So in the same time one full new army as fyreslayers got 22 items and stormcast in this same time got 64?

I am fyreslayer player but i started with stormcast,due to this posterboy ultramega care of gw i have grew sick of stormcast and i havent played them in 2 years and i did my disposesed\fyreslayer army.

It isnt so bad as 40k where per example the 95% of the last releases of those 2 last years have been marines and khaos marines but it is pretty close

More fyreslayer releases would also fix the current problem they have with internal balance. When you only have 3 non-hero units to choose from, it makes it very hard to not make them overperforming and still have the army be relevant on a competative level. If they had even 1-2 more option then each unit would not have to pull so much weight individually.

And come on GW, gore-grunta style fyrelayers on minidroths, please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gah I'm torn on this new battelgroup! 

On the one hand I like their concept, on the other those helms! Just not my kinda thing. But they look good! Very Tzeentch, the style, colour and the "eye" aspect all cry out referring to the God of Change.

The GW community page also has photos of all the "first 6 warbands" that we've seen for Chaos. 

41 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Last minute prediction/desire. Hyish warband that is themed around "upper class" and treachery. Daggers hidden on their persons under fine clothing. Hero/warband leader being a mage of some sort. 

You were not a million miles off! 

I'm not sure about the helms but I like everything else bout them. 

First Hyshian models we've seen!  pushing new aesthetics into aos is cool experiments

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Gah I'm torn on this new battelgroup! 

On the one hand I like their concept, on the other those helms! Just not my kinda thing. But they look good! Very Tzeentch, the style, colour and the "eye" aspect all cry out referring to the God of Change.

The GW community page also has photos of all the "first 6 warbands" that we've seen for Chaos. 

Honestly they seem more Slaanesh to me, why would the article then say this? Well at least from the looks of things they will make good conversion fodder since GW don't feel like giving slaanesh mortals. 

The Cypher Lords are the perfect warband for players that like the seductive, almost civilised side of Chaos – the esoteric cults and shadowy gatherings of nobles within cities all across the realms, as opposed to the unwashed, screaming barbarian masses outside them.

• Like 1

The article says this right under it:

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Cypher Lords are as mad as the most frothing cultist of Tzeentch, delighting in spreading mayhem and madness wherever they go.

They look like Tzeentch followers, feel like Tzeentch followers, Tzeentch followers are just as sophisticated, if not more than Slaanesh's... sorry to disappoint you. :P

I need these, right down my alley. I love weird helmets and masks. These might well be the weirdest yet in a setting full of them. Also really like their equipment and poses.

Still, starter and Splintered Fangs, my overall favorites, get priority.

I'm definitely tending towards the more civilised warbands, with Splintered Fangs, Iron Golems and now Cypher Lords forming my top three. Still want to get my hands on Corvus Cabal and Unmade, but that can wait for a while.

Annoyingly the Untamed Beasts, the only warband I could see myself completely skipping, will propably be in the starter.

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Honestly they seem more Slaanesh to me, why would the article then say this? Well at least from the looks of things they will make good conversion fodder since GW don't feel like giving slaanesh mortals. 

The Cypher Lords are the perfect warband for players that like the seductive, almost civilised side of Chaos – the esoteric cults and shadowy gatherings of nobles within cities all across the realms, as opposed to the unwashed, screaming barbarian masses outside them.

I think that all the warbands could still fit in with any of the gods, with slight tendencies to about two. Like these could quite well fit with either Tzeentch or Slaanesh, but don't have to and could even be fit to Khorne or Nurgle.

• Like 1