The Rumour Thread

Enemies are Blightkings and Tzeentch? Arch enemies! Just been reading DoT and it made a fair bit of their old enmity. Could Desciples of Nurgle be in pipeline?! Perhaps game could have cool mechanic were enemies can work together as normal but sometimes end up fighting each other!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I just thought by myself how simular the artwork is to silver tower. That piece has the big baddie in the background. So looking at the background we see... a stormcast ?

Not stormcast, but a very interesting silhouette.

Well, I take that back.  I does have a double tailed comet on the chest.  The helmet might looked weird with some featurs obscured.  I am very curious.

Maybe its just a statue in this one?

Edited by daedalus81

26 minutes ago, Zeratan said:

Looks nice but I can already see complaints and people cursing GW for not announcing another new battletome and bunch of minis right after DoT was released. Still two frequent demands adressed in 2 days: a box of gryphhounds and more Warhammer Quest.

I think a shipment of SALT has spilled somewhere on the interwebs and some users are imbibing heavily.

Look I get it that some aren't always happy to see new things, some releases just don't 'zing' for some people but there's this stereotype emerging that is making me roll my eyes.

It's...

/drumroll

Mr or Mrs "<Sigh> Oh look X, where are my Y GW?!!? EVERYONE *absolutely not just a portion of the playerbase* is waiting on this very thing I just asked for!"

I couldn't shorten that down that much :(

I can see where the impatience might be coming from,  death players, elf players, dwarf players, the time will come for all (bar anything that is just y'know not coming). Everyone has hobby to enjoy.

Come on laddos the rumour thread is mostly for excitement!

Anyway, enough of me whinging about whinging!

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Anyway, enough of me whinging about whinging!

But that's what the Internet is for... a bulwark to prevent it from spilling over into the real world! :)

Accepting that we can't have everything all at once it is quite interesting to see them return to the Stormcast so soon. Maybe they felt it was the best way to move the narrative along, I can definitely see the argument for continuity there.

And although it means some stuff won't drop as soon as some would like it gives them heavy hitters to roll out (Elves, Slaanesh, Death) for the next few arcs at least. Always good to have a healthy pipeline!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevvermore said:

Dude I'm peeing my pants in excitement over here over the Stormcast Vanguard, the Gryph Hounds and the new WHQ. So no lack of excitement here!

Vanguard?  Not really. Rather have, like anything else. From new chaos warriors to new human faction.

Na more Stormcast. Now with FUR! the Wolves of Heldenhammer serve the allfather! I mean sigmar!

Im seriously disappointed and got even more with the apparent lack of new stuff on the board game expansion.

But ofc this is my opinion. Im glad people are excited with this, just not my thing.

Recent releases just haven't been down my alley. (40k included)

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1

I think we can all agree that GW is pumping out great content across the board atm. Sure it dosent hit the mark for everyone but it never will. I for one am really happen to just see this kind of stuff happening. I think given stormcast our central to the AOS story and the poster boys more stuff is to be expected and they would want them in line with the new battletomes. 

Personally I'm happy as I collect them but can understand others frustration. My only concern is chamber specific rules, while its great in theory it could limit the schemes used, especially if one chamber is consider more powerful. Don't want to see everyone and there dog hitting the table with celestial vindicators for example. Slight bias as I've painted my own scheme. 

Patience is a virtue 

So this free city who calls that home then.. hmmmm

6 minutes ago, SuperKick said:

I think we can all agree that GW is pumping out great content across the board atm. Sure it dosent hit the mark for everyone but it never will.

Patience is a virtue 

It has not been hitting the mark since Stormcast release for me, and im patiently waiting. 

My interests tho are very limited, and i do know that works against me.

My Templars in 40k got a bit of (disapointing) attention, and now waiting for ordo xenos inquisitor.

In AoS, now im waiting for the regular humans, Vampires and new slaves to darkness. Dont want to buy more stormcast really...

Its true they are pumping out incredible minis and content, but alas, the problem is with me not them :)

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sete said:

It has not been hitting the mark since Stormcast release for me, and im patiently waiting. 

My interests tho are very limited, and i do know that works against me.

My Templars in 40k got a bit of (disapointing) attention, and now waiting for ordo xenos inquisitor.

In AoS, now im waiting for the regular humans, Vampires and new slaves to darkness. Dont want to buy more stormcast really...

Its true they are pumping out incredible minis and content, but alas, the problem is with me not them :)

Fair enough, I'm somewhat the same with humans. 

Didn't try and direct that at you as well lol was more of a general comment and you posted while I was typing :P

Either way I applauded GW's general direction :)

• Like 1

The cover art for this WQ expansion is interesting. We see a bunch of heroes that all have single sprue kits. We also see blightkings, acolytes, and maybe even some blood reavers in the background. If that is an accurate representation of some of the monsters in this set, we are either looking at:

1) A boxed collection of full sprues for multiple chaos kits or 

2) New "push fit" models for blightkings, acolytes, etc. 

Could be a cool way to get a bunch of chaos, use the rest for conversions, sell them, etc. I guess we will just have to wait until February. 

7 minutes ago, chord said:

Agreed I'm not repainting my troops.  I really dislike the whole colors determine abilities aspect anyways

For me (and I'm no TO mind you) if you were to say "THIS chamber of the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost like PINK ARMOUR in fact they are nicknamed the pink hammers" just because there's some cool hammers of sigmar rules, I'd say well done sir, well done and clap.

• Like 3

Just now, Turragor said:

For me (and I'm no TO mind you) if you were to say "THIS chamber of the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost like PINK ARMOUR in fact they are nicknamed the pink hammers" just because there's some cool hammers of sigmar rules, I'd say well done sir, well done and clap.

Love it!  :)

Hey guys,

Getting off the Warhammer quest bandwagon hypetrain express, multiple sources on the aos Reddit are saying there will be a tzeentch demons start collecting box up for pre order very soon with 10 pink horrors, 3 flamers and the chariot mult-kit.

Sorry if someone has already reported this.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Hey guys,

Getting off the Warhammer quest bandwagon hypetrain express,

Multiple sources on the aos Reddit are saying there will be a tzeentch demons start collecting up for pre order very soon with 10 pink horrors, 3 flamers and the chariot mult-kit.

Sorry if someone has already reported this.

Saw that, sounds like a smart idea. Can't see why not, the other 2 active gods have 1 right? And it's not arcanites (I'd be suspicious of rumours of a tzaangor, skyfire and acolyte box for example)

1 minute ago, Dez said:

I'm waiting for a Bonesplitterz Start Collecting myself, though that TD sounds good.

I hope we get a greenskinz rerelease with a new style battletome which includes all the orcs armies if not grots as well.

I really want more synergy between orruk armies so I have more model choice.

Edited by Riavan
  • Like 2