The Rumour Thread

The Dwarves have what looks like shells in their cannons, but again that pistol is too similar to a bolt pistol to fit the AoS aesthetic. All the AoS guns are vaguely-Renaissance at best, still black powder with flintlocks. Even Thunderers don't seem to be using bullets, and definitely don't have a repeating action that would warrant a belt of rounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

The Dwarves have what looks like shells in their cannons, but again that pistol is too similar to a bolt pistol to fit the AoS aesthetic. All the AoS guns are vaguely-Renaissance at best, still black powder with flintlocks. Even Thunderers don't seem to be using bullets, and definitely don't have a repeating action that would warrant a belt of rounds.

Pretty much that piece is from 40k I am betting cypher as I said before. The one before it? Was definitely AOS. 

Edited by shinros

I think scuttlings might be the link to bring together Spiderfang and Moonclan Grots into one coherent Force.

They do share a lot, they are both guided by "visionary" shamans, like to use beasts of war they are unhealthily obsessed with and like to abuse hallicogenic substances.

I feel like the scuttlings in Silver Tower where an experiment in how far GW could take reimaginations and mergings of beloved factions, after all Nightgoblins where as Iconic to Warhammer Fantasy as Slayers or Chaos Warriors.

The extra limbs where not very well received, from what I gather, but I think overall a more even handed merging of the two could be on the table.

I think in this context it is interesting that Spiderfang Grots and their "World Web" aspirations have featured quite heavily in the Realmgate books and its contemporaries, while Moonclans have no mention outside the GA:Destruction book I know of.

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

Er so I was just looking at my witch hunter warscroll did they change it at any point? I recall his special ability affected wizards only but now it's wizards and daemons. 

Am I remembering wrong? Or could this be a sign of the future? 

You're going senile Nagash. ;) They've been doing D3 wounds to wizards and daemons since the compendiums.

Just now, Double Misfire said:

You're going senile Nagash. ;) They've been doing D3 wounds to wizards and daemons since the compendiums.

Perhaps I am going senile I mean I am recovering from sigmar stealing souls and disrupting the death cycle and Archaon stabbing me in the past. D: 

• Like 2