Best anti-buff or anti-ability factions?

inkwell

Kharadron Overlords

Now when everyone stops laughing I will continue:

You can only trully get rid of opponent's buffs by obliterating their sources, completely removing them from the game and only way to do it - is to kill it
How to do it fast? Shoot it.

Is it possible? No.

There is no real army that can fulfill your criteria, but I would recommend taking a look at new Skaven, they are shooty, they are diverce, they have great magic play potential, they have many tricks to play with and surprise your opponent, their endless spell - something vortex is a pain in the ass to deal with (at least on paper)

And remember all the Nagash's attempts to build Black Pyramid? Lil' rat pests just adore ruining other's fun

I've been playing Gloomspite Gitz, particularly Spiderfang with some Moonclan attached.

Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok with Gryph-Feather Charm and Sneaky Distraction provides enemies with a -2 to hit. Combine that with Geminids and even Bloodthirsters are now hitting on 6's.

Stabbas with Netters provide a -1 to hit. Throw them into the mix, and those things that hit on 2's now hit on 6's.

Moonclan Shamans with Itchy Nuisance are making enemies attack last.

Comboing Soulsnare Shackles with Scuttletide endless spells makes non-flying enemies slowed and have to manouver around a large template spell. For the most part, they're either having to run (generally ****** up their ability to run) or having to just walk around it, copping the mortal wounds.

Deadly Webbing provides enemies a -1 bravery buff as you can manipulate terrain to your will.

There is a lot of toolkit in the realm of shadow, both spell lores and the traits/artefacts in this book to be able to manipulate outcomes to your liking.

Lord Kroak with his Comet's Call can drop D3 mortal wounds on several units anywhere on the board. So regardless of your enemy heroes' location or stacking buffs, nothing quite gets more satisfying than you Skellie Frog picking off your opponent's Necromancer who has been raising skeletons faster than you can kill them!

You can also bring up a Skink Starpriest and use their spell to make an opponent -1 to hit. The Skink Starseer can also allow roll modification.

10 hours ago, Barbossal said:

Lord Kroak with his Comet's Call can drop D3 mortal wounds on several units anywhere on the board. So regardless of your enemy heroes' location or stacking buffs, nothing quite gets more satisfying than you Skellie Frog picking off your opponent's Necromancer who has been raising skeletons faster than you can kill them!

You can also bring up a Skink Starpriest and use their spell to make an opponent -1 to hit. The Skink Starseer can also allow roll modification.

That comet call nonsense is my most hated part of Age of Sigmar. You can literally park frog-man out of sight and smash units apart. 

As others have pointed out, AoS doesn't really have an army that shuts down their opponent nor do I really imagine they ever will outside of rare abilities like Moonclan. The issue is that it isn't really fun to play against. AoS is about planning synergies that are fun to play around into your list and to have your opponent turn around and say you can't use them just turns your models quite literally into a bunch of numbers which are either better than your opponents numbers or not.

Again, as others have pointed out, your best bet is to go with a debuffs get army, of which I believe the best is probably Legions of Nagash in the realms, followed by Moonclan and Nurgle.

Archived