AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

14 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I regret clamoring for the combining of armies into "Legions", because I thought Spiderfang and Moonclan both had enough going for them to be their own factions.

From a gaming standpoint, I think that adding a lot more units to Spiderfang armies is a great thing - it will give more diversity and make games more interesting. 

From an aesthetics standpoint, Moonclan and Spiderfang Grots  don't look the same (similar to try putting Ironjaws and Bonesplittterz together) - hopefully there will be a few new models that help bridge that gap... 

• Like 1

Just now, Local_Goat said:

Thank you very much for the suggestion! That is an amazing deal, and it actually makes me want to go back and redo my Orks now!

Well you see, when a Squig and a rock love each other very much

The one negative about that base extender set is that the edges are flat and so you have to do the work lining them up.  They are not like the fancier ones you see from companies like Secret Weapon Miniatures which have little nubs to help line them up.  The connection points on these ones are beveled, which does help a bit to line them up, but they are otherwise flat.  So this is definitely the cheapo option.  But, they are plastic and easy to work with and cheap enough to not break the bank if you need to update 100 or more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

werent they all revealed to be types of squigs in the end? which i still dont understand how that stalagmite is one ahaha! 

YOu are probably right. Whatever they are called, they don't look like squigs. A few folks mentioned that in the video, at 0.44, we can see in the background what seems to be  one/two grots (one a standard bearer?) on top of a purple mushroom - could be another addition to that family, whatever they are called...

2 minutes ago, Veillotron said:

YOu are probably right. Whatever they are called, they don't look like squigs. A few folks mentioned that in the video, at 0.44, we can see in the background what seems to be  one/two grots (one a standard bearer?) on top of a purple mushroom - could be another addition to that family, whatever they are called...

i think the mushroom was called a shroomspite or something along those lines! ill look it up for us.

Here we go "Mollog is accompanied by a small pack of Squiggly beasts, including the already infamous Bat Squig, the toxic Spiteshroom and the Stalagsquig – the squig you never knew you wanted until now. "

Edited by Ekrund Oath Splitters

20 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

what about stalactites?! you dont deploy your models on the board, you just drop it ontop of your enemy from above! 😜

You thought that was a Grot summoning Flaming Metors? How quaint.

No that Grot is summoning Stalactites which rain from the heavens but are really Squigs!

I am so unbelievably stoked for this release.....and I'm ecstatic they are giving da Gitz a proper release rather than two new kits, a book, and a new hero.

Also that blurred out worm thing......totally a hero on a giant centipede. I really can't think of much cooler than an army with a giant centipede and a titanic spider.

And how cool is that armored squig herder with his visor down? The whole lot of the models previewed look great so far.

Time to get rebasing my 80 night gobbos!

24 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Never understood what the point was about the collectors battletomes... What do you get ? I could be getting one now cuz grots ;) 

I don't know what the point of the current style of collector's battletomes are either.  They seem to be a nicer/alternate cover and some gold-edged pages.

Day 1 purchase.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Haha 2

Preorder apparently the 5th. With the amount of kits I'd expect it to last 2 to 3 weeks like Deepkin.

Ltd editions: double the price for a nice cover, gilded edges and lots of pages stuck together by the gilding process 👎 that said, when I complained I got a new basic codex to tide me over and the option of a voucher for the full amount or they'd send me another when they print more.

4 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Preorder apparently the 5th. With the amount of kits I'd expect it to last 2 to 3 weeks like Deepkin.

Ltd editions: double the price for a nice cover, gilded edges and lots of pages stuck together by the gilding process 👎 that said, when I complained I got a new basic codex to tide me over and the option of a voucher for the full amount or they'd send me another when they print more.

Man if it a deepkin like release, my wallet going to suffer this January. I glad I held off buying thing until this release came

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

I have done some detective work using the power of computerized technology!

1.jpg.397494dec7e0426ddd10ca163dc38378.jpg

As we can see there are blurry shapes. Now, if we enhance..

2.jpg.6e51fbe9c8bfd279cfec6f3531759779.jpg

Oh yes! A clear shape of some snake-like creature, perhaps a centipede, or some kind of..

3.jpg.ad485898c9e984825bea0d7cff801d2e.jpg

Wait! No! Get out of here! Wrong book! Wrong book! 

Yes-yes,

fear us-us, for we are everywhere.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I regret clamoring for the combining of armies into "Legions", because I thought Spiderfang and Moonclan both had enough going for them to be their own factions.

Yeah, but on the other hand I have over 130 Grot Scuttlings out of Silver Tower, so I'm pretty excited right about now that my spiderfang army can have some themed infantry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, froo said:

Yeah, but on the other hand I have over 130 Grot Scuttlings out of Silver Tower, so I'm pretty excited right about now that my spiderfang army can have some themed infantry.

Those are going to be some fantastic Grot replacements for a Spiderfang Gloomspite army.

Really hope they release Scuttlings separately at some point...