Nighthaunt win BLACKOUT.

Ben

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the list you are all waiting for is my ironjawz so here it is as a teaser for you while @Chris Tomlin puts the lesser lists into a pdf ?

megaboss on mawkrusha, brutish cunning (trait) ethereal amulet (artefact, shyish)

megaboss , destroyer (artefact, ironjawz)

weirdnob shaman, the boss skewer (artefact, ironjawz) 

10 brutes

5 brutes

5 brutes

3 gore-gruntas 

3 gore-gruntas 

ironfist battalion

Bloodtoofs battalion 

happy Krumpin ?

10 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

Obviously the list you are all waiting for is my ironjawz so here it is as a teaser for you while @Chris Tomlin puts the lesser lists into a pdf ?

megaboss on mawkrusha, brutish cunning (trait) ethereal amulet (artefact, shyish)

megaboss , destroyer (artefact, ironjawz)

weirdnob shaman, the boss skewer (artefact, ironjawz) 

10 brutes

5 brutes

5 brutes

3 gore-gruntas 

3 gore-gruntas 

ironfist battalion

Bloodtoofs battalion 

happy Krumpin ?

Only 1 mawcrusha and no Sword of Japan, erm, Sword of Judgment? Gross. 

Kidding. Love the Ethereal Amulet on melee terrors like that. I put one on a VLoZD when I run one.

On 8/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, Thebiggesthat said:

Look forward to the lists going up. Good to see that GW are relaxing their 'no staff at non-gw events' a little though, hopefully it's a blanket lifting of restrictions eventually, good thing for everyone 

Agreed - defo a good thing for the community.

I thought you weren't allowed to use the Grand Alliance abilities if faction allegiance abilities exist for the army.  Everything in Ben's list is Nighthaunt, and he's using Nighthaunt abilities like the spells, so the army would have to use the Nighthaunt Allegiance, correct? 

From the GHB errata, (key bits in bold):

Page 62

– Pitched Battle Profile, Introduction

Add the following section:

‘ARMIES WITHOUT ALLEGIANCE ABILITIES

If a faction army does not have a set of allegiance

abilities, then you can use its Grand Alliance allegiance

abilities instead. For example, if you had an Eshin army

you could use the Grand Alliance Chaos allegiance

abilities, and if you had an Order Draconis army you

could use the Grand Alliance Order allegiance abilities.

Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army,

you must use them.’

The core rules about Allegiance Abilities are also pretty clear that you choose one allegiance or the other (GA or Faction), and you only get the abilities for the allegiance you chose.  So if the army uses "Death" allegiance, it wouldn't get any of the Nighthaunt allegiance abilities.  And, per the GHB errata it could only be "Death" if it didn't have an existing faction allegiance.

Edit:  Although I guess it's a moot point in this case because Ben's list doesn't seem to be using any of the Death command traits or artifacts.

6 hours ago, Rob Hawkins said:

I thought you weren't allowed to use the Grand Alliance abilities if faction allegiance abilities exist for the army.  Everything in Ben's list is Nighthaunt, and he's using Nighthaunt abilities like the spells, so the army would have to use the Nighthaunt Allegiance, correct? 

From the GHB errata, (key bits in bold):

Page 62

– Pitched Battle Profile, Introduction

Add the following section:

‘ARMIES WITHOUT ALLEGIANCE ABILITIES

If a faction army does not have a set of allegiance

abilities, then you can use its Grand Alliance allegiance

abilities instead. For example, if you had an Eshin army

you could use the Grand Alliance Chaos allegiance

abilities, and if you had an Order Draconis army you

could use the Grand Alliance Order allegiance abilities.

Note that if allegiance abilities exist for a faction army,

you must use them.’

The core rules about Allegiance Abilities are also pretty clear that you choose one allegiance or the other (GA or Faction), and you only get the abilities for the allegiance you chose.  So if the army uses "Death" allegiance, it wouldn't get any of the Nighthaunt allegiance abilities.  And, per the GHB errata it could only be "Death" if it didn't have an existing faction allegiance.

Edit:  Although I guess it's a moot point in this case because Ben's list doesn't seem to be using any of the Death command traits or artifacts.

It wasn’t using Death allegiance, that was just an error in the write up 

On 8/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, Rob Hawkins said:

hahah. edit of the day

On 8/5/2018 at 9:51 PM, Rogue Sun said:

Sooo, not to create controversy, but is it now legal to bring your own terrain to events? Because it's being reported that this is what happened here. The TO allowed Ben to put some ridiculously large LOS blocking pieces that he had brought onto the board which of course his army could charge over no problem but the Nurgle army could not. 

For reference, these were some of the pieces brought and placed:

Terrain.jpg

Where can I get such movement trays?

is there already a list up of the top 10 ETC armies and their lists? =]

Lists;

http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/BLACKOUT_lists2018.pdf

You'll have to excuse the format, but this is the only reasonable way to get this many lists out (and still takes ages!). For a variety of reasons, I think moving back towards list submission for events is the way forwards. If nothing else, this would allow us a nice digital PDF with everything in the same (readable) format!

41 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Lists;

You'll have to excuse the format, but this is the only reasonable way to get this many lists out (and still takes ages!). For a variety of reasons, I think moving back towards list submission for events is the way forwards. If nothing else, this would allow us a nice digital PDF with everything in the same (readable) format!

Thanks for this :)

Lots and lots of Death there - unsurprising thanks to their recent buffs. Unfortunately Destruction is trailing behind everyone else; I really hope they get a boost soon. Very cool to see Fimir though.

(Funnily enough, because of how averages are skewed with frequency, Slaanesh has the highest place on average of all of the Chaos Gods :P)  

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Lists;

Thanks so much for this ! Someone buys this man a round of beer !

12 hours ago, Ben said:

Great work on the lists Chris.  If its any help, I use the genius scan iPhone app to do this sort of thing.  

Thanks Ben,

It's a free iPhone scanner app I use for this (iScanner). I think it was you that told me such a thing existed after BLACKOUT last year :) 

Defo back to e-mail submission next year though!

Hey, dumb question.

What's the point of requiring list submission at all?  Is it just for this post of all the lists at the end, or is there some event-relevant goal?  (Context: I've run a few smallish one-day events and never required list submission - I didn't notice or miss it in any way.  Maybe a bigger event is different?)

Archived