AoS 2.0 App Mistakes and Missing Things

Cerlin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, robotnik_taco said:

I and several other people can't even open the app, immediately crashes or doesn't even open on older android devices

Me too. The App crashes immediately ? No new handbook or core book for me, I guess :(

Lots of problems with Ironjawz on Matched Play, especially on Allies:

When I can add an ally, such as Fungoid cave shaman, the app deems it invalid because the Cave shama is "no longer available".

Other cases I cant even add an ally, like the Rock Lobbas, it simply doenst appear as a possible Ally.

And as some have said already, some warscrolls are looking wierd, like the Rock Lobbas and Spear Chuckas, they are incomplete, without description on crew, rules and To Hit table.

Daemon Prince is no more a Slave to Darkness and neither is part of Slaanesh, what did just happen ? This totally ruins my army. Is Azyr just broken ? It looks much better... also i wanted to buy th ghb there that is just 15 bucks but i get my cc rejected all the damn time.

Stormcast Eternals missing Batallions in their filter. Batallions only show up under the Order filter.

Loads of named heroes missing - especially Neave Blacktalon bothers me (We were promised Blacktalon’s Shadowhammers in the new edition as well, so I’m sure it’ll come)

1 hour ago, vondrasky said:

Daemon Prince is no more a Slave to Darkness and neither is part of Slaanesh, what did just happen ? This totally ruins my army. Is Azyr just broken ? It looks much better... also i wanted to buy th ghb there that is just 15 bucks but i get my cc rejected all the damn time.

Don't worry, I'm 99% sure it's just Azyr messing up. 

Had a great game today. My unit of iron guts wiped out a stardrake turn 1. 3 damage at a 20” melee range is amazing! Later in the game I charged 2 units wiped one out then the other one couldn’t hit me as the had to pile in. My opponent however was not as jovial as I and said that after today’s game he will be going back to warmachine. 

4 hours ago, Keith said:

Has anyone had any feedback from GW on when it's all going to be fixed ?

They are happy to keep taking my money each month for the stupid non functioning app.

Well, I just deleted my app. No point using it until they’ve fixed the problem. At the moment we’re using the warscrolls available on the GW site. If they can’t be bothered updating them then tough, I guess. They’re in better shape than those on the app anyhow ?

Edit: gotta add that my wallet has never been happier. Since December I’ve been very carried away with the hobby, buying umpteen battletomes, more minis than I know where to store them, and was looking at ways to explain a £145 deficit in my account balance to my partner (hey, this’ll please the kids, you know?). 

But then I bought the quite underwhelming GHB18 and the changes in the Azyr app went from bewildering to infuriating and I wondered why I was spending so much on something that’s flawed. It gave a much needed handbrake. 

The result is no future purchases until Christmas, and a cancellation of Soul Wars and Malign Sorcery. Our local GW store wasn’t impressed when I told him why. 

Momentum crumbles when there’s too much carelessness...

On 6/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, Arkiham said:

eh, i tried that for like 3 months after the nurgle book. not one fix. 

absolute waste of time

I can't imagine they'd have wanted to fix issues on the old version when they were working on the new version

23 hours ago, ChrisMack26 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with azyr? I can add a name and select match play but there is no way to move past that screen. 

You have to tap the bubble button on the bottom right - I'll be honest and say I don't find it that intuitive either!

6 hours ago, Keith said:

Has anyone had any feedback from GW on when it's all going to be fixed ?

They are happy to keep taking my money each month for the stupid non functioning app.

If you're not happy cancel your subscription?  Google/App Store both have mechanisms where you can get a refund if an app didn't work/do what it's meant to but only if you do it within a certain time frame (and only for a month).

Because a 99p app isn't working day 1, you are cancelling all your orders?

They have messed up a bit here, it's combination of under-staffing and under-testing, but lets put things in perspective a bit...

Edit: It might be an idea for GW to offer some free subscription time maybe, it's pence but good faith etc.

Just going to put my "day job" hat on and pass out a bit of light-hearted advice on feeding back to the app team.

• Firstly despite their outward appearances, developers are at their core, human beings.  As such please approach them as you would other humans - courteous and polite is always a good attitude, rude and demanding will make them less likely to want to help
  • It is impossible to test an app in every combination of device in existence, so please don't be shocked if your 4 year old unknown brand tablet causes the app to crash
  • Azyr is only 99p a month, although important your tiny monthly contribution doesn't give you the right to make <edit>unreasonable</edit> demands
  • Developers aren't mind readers, please give as much information as possible when reporting when you've found an issue.  The device you're using is a great start and how about (in the case of a crash) what you actually tapped on to cause it to crash?
  • In the case of the AoS app, there are quite literally hundreds of warscrolls and thousands of combinations to consider.  It stands to reason that when released to the public, some combinations aren't going to work - yes that includes the one you just tried - yes even that one that is common could have been overlooked.  Don't be angry about this, simply feedback that something isn't working as you'd expect
  • The developers aren't rules writers, as such don't vent that you can no longer use allegiance combination X with units Y, that needs to be fed back to the rules guys - better yet why not write that as a constructive e-mail rather than a raging vent session?
  • At no point has somebody done something to personally spite you - in truth they probably don't even know you exist!

OK, I'll hold my hand up and say this is very tongue in cheek, but there is a more serious message in there.  Please, please if you are feeding back be as factual as you can, list the issues you've got and what steps you took to find those issues.  If the developer can't replicate what you've found they can't actually fix them and it'll be marked as "unsolvable".  The most important thing to pass is going to be the device you're using and what operating system you're on - so Samsung S7 running Android Oreo as an example.

Why am I writing this?  Because with my job I probably get twenty issues brought to my attention a month.  Normally one or two require bigger changes, up to six I can fix and the rest have to be put to one side due to lack of information - even missing essential things like who the user is.

Archived