AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Summary of changes

Changes to Bless Weapons, Divine Light

New Priest Confirmed with a KNIGHT keyword

Sigmarite shields lower rend by 1

Sequitors 5+ ward save for aetheric channeling

Stardrake and LC on Dracoth always have azyrite halo

Heaven-wrought Armour, Drakescale Armour Change to: ‘Add 1 to save rolls for attacks that target the bearer that have damage greater than 1.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

FAQs are up.

The first I have read and I already hate it 🤷‍♂️
image.png.c66f37c7ed6c745a120fe695e4953d9a.png

8 minutes ago, schwabbele said:

Complete BS and GW can go f**k themselves with their greedy attitude. Yeah sure I am gonna buy 4 armies and paint them differently...

Stupid nonsensical garbage. I'm not buying/painting 14 different Stormcast armies just so I can swap stormhosts LOL

Anybody who tries to enforce this nonsense is going to get laughed at and nobody should participate in their tournaments. Nothing but sheer greed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To be fair, they do say all you have to do is get your opponent's permission. So if you tell your opponent (or the tournament organizer) "This is my army (painted like the Hammers) and it's Anvils of the Heldenhammer," and they say ok, then thats it. I'm pretty sure they had this rule last edition.

Edit: yeah, this commentary question is, word for word, just copied from the last edition core rules faq. Nothing's changed since then about that so no need to worry. :)

Edited by mystycalchemy
Verification of FAQ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

To be fair, they do say all you have to do is get your opponent's permission. So if you tell your opponent (or the tournament organizer) "This is my army (painted like the Hammers) and it's Anvils of the Heldenhammer," and they say ok, then thats it. I'm pretty sure they had this rule last edition.

Edit: yeah, this commentary question is, word for word, just copied from the last edition core rules faq. Nothing's changed since then about that so no need to worry. :)

yeah i dont think anyone is gonna be THAT a-hole. but this is warhammer and ive seen how WAAC some dudes get

Edited by jhamslam
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

I didn't realize that. Then we're good lol. 

Bit of an overreaction to a gentlemen's agreement that's been around since forever, don't y'all think? Literally nobody is going to cry over silver painted anvils or green hammers. That being said I wonder how much of these FAQ changes are going to be present in the new battletome. If oldcast are going to a 3+ save AND get -1 Rend shields then that's pretty sweet. I'm not sure how I feel about charged sequitor shields being a 5+ ward in combat though.

Edited by stus67
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stus67 said:

Bit of an overreaction to a gentlemen's agreement that's been around since forever, don't y'all think? Literally nobody is going to cry over silver painted anvils or green hammers. That being said I wonder how much of these FAQ changes are going to be present in the new battletome. If oldcast are going to a 3+ save AND get -1 Rend shields then that's pretty sweet. I'm not sure how I feel about charged sequitor shields being a 5+ ward in combat though.

I think the 5+ ward is really good, because that works against mortal wounds, whereas re-rolling saves does not.

• Like 1

speaking of sequitor, that change on save rolls no longer being rerollable but the untit getting a ward instead is healthy for the game i think.

The stormcast shields diminishing ren by 1 is great too, this is a change that i expected for th lord castellant to give for example, but we'll see how this chap' will change pretty soon i guess.

I'm still sceptical about liberators/sequitors getting a 3+ save, they will outperform vindictor in this case and i don't see that coming from a capitalist point of view (GW want to sell their new models, they already got money from the old ones).

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

People don’t get it. These are no overreactions. This rule is just bollocks. I know people myself who will answer : I don’t allow it. This is a proxy!

Then don't play with such a dickhead lmao. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

i don't see that coming from a capitalist point of view (GW want to sell their new models, they already got money from the old ones).

Jesus christ, how many times do i need to tell people that this doesn't work that way and never worked?????????? 

17 minutes ago, rosa said:

People don’t get it. These are no overreactions. This rule is just bollocks. I know people myself who will answer : I don’t allow it. This is a proxy!

If they didn't do it last edition then they aren't going to do it this edition. That suggestion has been around since 2.0, and in 40k long before that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Jesus christ, how many times do i need to tell people that this doesn't work that way and never worked?????????? 

well in that case let me clarify.

i didn't mean new models = better models.

What i meant was new models had to bring something else to the table, they have to feel fresh and attractive.
In that case giving them a 3+ save will justify them having a brand new armor to be consistent with the lore...etc and at the same time it will differenciate them from other stormcasts.

I worked in video game for quite a long time, i don't throw that assumption in the void like this.
Of course it is not the main reason things get done, of course there's nuance but in the end this factor has an influence on some rules.

Keep in mind that this is pure speculation as well, i'm not working at GW studio and i don't know what the future would be.

44 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Then don't play with such a dickhead lmao. 

that's for certain, but my fear when I saw this (and I am happy to see that this was already there before) was/is that some TOs might feel compelled to enforce such a stupid rule -it's not like I can pick and choose tournaments around here

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

that's for certain, but my fear when I saw this (and I am happy to see that this was already there before) was/is that some TOs might feel compelled to enforce such a stupid rule -it's not like I can pick and choose tournaments around here

Atleast in the US GTs , i dont know any TOs who are THAT guy, theyre all super cool. But yeah this is something you cant leave to players. 

for supported 40k tournaments, they have such rules for Marines as well they kind of have to say that the rules is in place (because it is an official GW tournament) but everyone is ignoring it with "don't ask, don't tell"

sometimes I wish the community would ignore other FAQ/Errata that are just stupid as well but it is kind of strange as once you to play it word by word even if everyone agrees it is stupid, while on another stupid ruling you are "that guy" if you do (it is just hard to guess sometimes which one you should ignore)

and the rules for colour shemes, GW tries now for 2 and a half Editions to enforce it for Space Marines and no one cares

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kodos der Henker said:

and the rules for colour shemes, GW tries now for 2 and a half Editions to enforce it for Space Marines and no one cares

Because it's literally the most greedy "rule" imaginable. What's next, "did you get that army on eBay?? Disqualified!!"

Thankfully TOs and players can just ignore this rubbish.

• Like 2

Obvious caveats about new battletome aside, Dracothian stonks are up. 3+ save reduce rend by 1, x2 for scoring, units of 4 don’t care for coherency, and you can make them fly.

Sequitors with a 5++ are 😘 just a shame about coherency in big units. A 10 might not be awful. Units of 5 are solid though and can threaten quite a lot.

Prosecutors and Libs don’t do as well out of the shield change but -1 rend is much better than rr1s imho.

Slight nerf to the stardrake but NBD.

Cant believe they left the Arcanums Prime Electrids nonfunctional though. Sloppy. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Prosecutors and Libs don’t do as well out of the shield change but -1 rend is much better than rr1s imho.

IF stormkeep rules stay the same, liberators might get to 3+ ignore 1 rend without spending cps, which is something