AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 hours ago, Drofnum said:

The leak shows an * next to way more units which indicates they changed cost so it could be misprinted, but it will require a FAQ either way if its printed like the leaks show.

It's because points changed in December as part of an online faq. The star only indicates changes since the last printed version of the points.

30 minutes ago, Drazhoath said:

Is it usefull to take 9 Morrsar in one unit or better 6? I think 9 are more difficult to get all in combat🤔

Take in 6 or 3.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Not sure if I have seen a different snapshot because there are some more units on:

Thralls 120/320
Leviadon 310
King 230
Eidalon Sea 380
Eidalon Storm 360
Tidecaster 100
Souldrender 80
Soulscryer 130
Lotann 70

Yeah I just skipped the units that haven't changed. Hopefully we see if eels and volturnous have stayed the same soon 

What is the point of these changes? 10 points off volturnous, great everyone takes him anyway. 10 points off thralls, no one will take them still.

I know the playtesters do actually understand the game and what makes units good or poor. Surely no one actually sits there and says "you know what idoneth need? 10 points off Lotann".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Essentially these changes save me 30 points letting me change a unit of ishlaen into morsarr... even though I like my ishlaen to morsarr ratio already... I could also change the way I am collecting and fit an Eidelon of the Sea onto my list, but at the cost of some better units and a battalion that I plan to run... maybe a low level endless spell? 😕

I dunno I am not complaining but I am not super impressed with these point changes. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

Those changues are slight nerfs.

90% of our units remain the same but every other army got more reductions, so in contrast our are worse.

10points in thralls are better than nothing, but that dont make them ok, we need warscrolls changes not points. I got 60points more, nothing to do with that.

I was hoping for 80p reductions on eidolos, 20 on soulscryer, 10 on mage since his stats are useless and our magic is the worst in all aos.20 on baldys, 30 on turtle, 40 on both king and volturnos.

Despite that im starting to think our archers are starting to look great, 120p isnt so much for 30 shots at short range. In fact they are miles away better than melee ones for me, at least they do something while getting an objetive

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am with all of my fellow fishy boiz. I was really hoping for some drops but funny enough 10 points from my King allows me to add in another Allopex to my Semi-comp corps list lmao. But ya points should have been dropped big time on the Eidolon and Turtle. Hopefully this year we get a little love with a new tome. I wonder if there will be a faq regarding our boats and only being able to field one whole or two halves. I have a feeling that is coming.

2 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I now have 30p to spend.

Should I switch the the King to Volturnos, 3 ishlaen into morsarr or the storm Eidolon to sea Eidolon?

Volty is the more comp option; I use a traditional King though because I am not a fan of the Volty model and I didn't want to convert. Otherwise Morrsarr 100%.

• Thanks 1

They both have their strong points. I like Ishlaen a little better also especially in missions with objectives to hold. But now that almost every new or overhauled army has crazy safes and feel no pain and what not I think they will increasingly have a hard time killing anything with no rend. And the mortal wounds of the Morsarr can soften up a big target as well. 

6 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Personally I only ever use morrsarr. If I'm stuck in combat with something that isn't dead or about to die then I've already lost. Morsarr should be able to blow most units off the table in a single combat. 

But what if you have more the one unit in combat? First you activate your 6 Morsarr and kill the Zombie Dragon (hopefully :) ). But then it is his turn to attack your second unit.
So I only want one unit of Morsarr in Combat, maybe one in reserve, all others Ishlaen.

4 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

But what if you have more the one unit in combat? First you activate your 6 Morsarr and kill the Zombie Dragon (hopefully :) ). But then it is his turn to attack your second unit.
So I only want one unit of Morsarr in Combat, maybe one in reserve, all others Ishlaen.

If I have more than one unit in combat 1) I still have the damage from the mortal wound blasts 2) a 4 up vs a 3 up isn't that great, even if I lose 8 wounds of morsarr, 4 morsarr should deal more damage than 6 Ishlaen. 3) generally the high movement means I can avoid unfavorable combat. 

• Thanks 1