AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, peasant said:

Hi! I Have Another Doubt, Im The ashamed owner of 100+ unPainted gors, but no ungors, and no bestigors. What do You think of Plain gors? Do They are Worth or Better Skip them for bestigors?

If they don’t work out, you could always run them as ungors, if your opponent doesn’t mind of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

If they don’t work out, you could always run them as ungors, if your opponent doesn’t mind of course.

Cut their horns off and put them on 25mm bases. Should do the job as fake ungors?

You could call them turnskins, if I remember right they are humans who mutate into beastmen, they aren't accepted by the herd completely and have their horns cut off so they aren't mistaken as gors.

Edited by Retro
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ajay29 said:

Nope, but the bray/war/thunder dudes are.

Will the new allies list be in the new battletome?

Should be. It's been released after the GHB18, so is the most current. Assuming they release Slaanesh or Moon clan before GHB19 then any stuff for them will also override GHB18. I don't see how else it could work.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dmuerto said:

If I use the Phantasmagoria of Fate battalion with tzeentch army I have to take Tzeentch alliance. 

So I do not get to use the Herdstone or anything Beasts of Chaos related (except units and the said battalion ofc) such as Brayherd ambush right?

Everything would still have the beasts of chaos key word, so you would be able to choose between either tzeentch allegiance (with destiny dice etc) or beasts of chaos (with herdstone etc). Not both

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Retro said:

Everything would still have the beasts of chaos key word, so you would be able to choose between either tzeentch allegiance (with destiny dice etc) or beasts of chaos (with herdstone etc). Not both

But why would my tzeentch have BoC keyword?

I mean if I am playing other Tzeentch than tzaangors + Phantasmagoria of Fate ?

14 minutes ago, Dmuerto said:

But why would my tzeentch have BoC keyword?

I mean if I am playing other Tzeentch than tzaangors + Phantasmagoria of Fate ?

So if you take other non-BoC tzeentch, then you are limited to tzeentch allegiance or Grand alliance: Chaos.

There might also be a way of taking tzeentch as an ally, in which case you could have the BoC allegiance abilities as long as your non beast tzeentch guys are under 400 points (or whatever point limit it is for your game).

You would never be able to use both destiny dice and a herdstone in the same army

• Thanks 1

Beastmen were my first ever painted army, though I don´t have them anymore. Gave them away as a present.

Nevertheless, the models are still beautiful as hell. Something is pulling me towards a herd based on 2x 30 Bestigors because these are awesome miniatures. Not to mention all kinds of Minotaurs and Minotaur based monsters. So awesome...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Am I right in saying that BoC have effectively no allies? Now that bray/warherds, thunderscorn and monsters are all in the same book anyway, there’s no allies to take?

5 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Should be. It's been released after the GHB18, so is the most current. Assuming they release Slaanesh or Moon clan before GHB19 then any stuff for them will also override GHB18. I don't see how else it could work.

I am guessing you mean who can take them as allies rather than who they can take as allies (which AFAIK is only StD)?

Unless there is an FAQ or a reverse allies chart in the book, nobody will be able to take BoC as allies. Instead the current Brayherd, Warherd, Thunderscorn, etc keywords from the GHB will stick for that purpose.

And that is probably the most likely scenario. Remember that IDK and DoK got no reverse chart when they came out, so nobody could take them as allies until GHB 2018 dropped (except Stormcast who can ally all ORDER).

Edited by AverageBoss

16 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I'm really looking forward to a beast lord with the gave spawn artifact, you expect to one phase even a 6 wound 3+ guy. Do that and your Bestigor are throwing out 2 rend 1 wounds at small units and 2.4 rend 1 wounds at big ones. That is PER BESTIGOR.

Yeah Beastlord with the Gavespawn artefact is a really reliable hero-killer: 12.444 wounds average vs. a hero with rend -1 lets you reliably delete a 3+ save 6 wound hero in one combat phase with 6.222 wounds average after saves. It makes his command ability actually useful, and gives a good reason to activate him first in combat.

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign

Allegiance: Beasts of Chaos

Great Bray Shaman (100)

Tzaangor Shaman (180)

Tzaangor Shaman (180)

- General

10 x Tzaangors (180)

10 x Tzaangors (180)

10 x Tzaangors (180)

3 x Tzaangor Skyfire (200)

3 x Tzaangor Skyfire (200)

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on foot (100)

Chronomatic Cogs (60)

Pendulum (40)

Phantasmagoria of Fate (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Trying out this list. No idea which herd to choose as of yet or the artefacts. The reason behind the list is because I only need to buy  a Great Bray Shaman, a herdstone (and another Tzaangor Shaman) to complete. If only, I can use under Tzeentch allegiance... 

There's only one true brayherd model. xD

Edited by Qaz