AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Ah I didn't realise about that, thanks guys. My GHB is still lost somewhere in the great British postal system...

I think I'll take on your advice @Zplash about having my caster in a different section of the army. Now it might look more like:

Spearhead: GUO
Main Body: HoD, 10 x BKs
Rear Guard: 5 x BKs

49 minutes ago, Siepa said:

You can take 2x beasts of nurgle.

I think I'll get more out of 5 Blight Kings with a Harbinger on the board, but if we have time for 2 games tonight I might try a list with some beasts and Horticulous in. It would be fun to have two beasts bouncing around the board being a nuisance! They could do well in this format.

I'm pretty hype about Meeting Engagements. I think it makes lower point games seem more exciting!

5 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

Ah I didn't realise about that, thanks guys. My GHB is still lost somewhere in the great British postal system...

I think I'll take on your advice @Zplash about having my caster in a different section of the army. Now it might look more like:

Spearhead: GUO
Main Body: HoD, 10 x BKs
Rear Guard: 5 x BKs

I think I'll get more out of 5 Blight Kings with a Harbinger on the board, but if we have time for 2 games tonight I might try a list with some beasts and Horticulous in. It would be fun to have two beasts bouncing around the board being a nuisance! They could do well in this format.

I'm pretty hype about Meeting Engagements. I think it makes lower point games seem more exciting!

I'm sorry :(

A Behemoth isn't allowed in the spear head... Your GUO should be in the main body. You can take the Harbinger in the spearhead with 5 Bks instead. 

All the restrictions for lists you can find on warhammer community search for meeting engagement ;)

2 hours ago, Siepa said:

10 BKs + 5 BKs is 3x BKs I'm not sure, but I think this is still forbidden

Nope it's only 2 times the warscroll so as long the 10 men squad is not in the spearhead (only min size units allowed) its fine. 

Thanks for all the help guys! My GHB finally arrived and I was able to put together a list that didn't break any rules thanks to all your help lol.

I ended up dropping the GUO entirely and I think that was the right call. I put a Lord of Afflictions and a unit of Pusgoyle Blightlords in the spearhead, which I ended up regretting. I wish I had put them in the rearguard so they came into the battle later and could take advantage of their speed to get stuck in quickly and take advantage of the developing situation better. However, the Lord of Afflictions buffing them and the blight kings made for a really resilient wall that was hard for my enemy to deal with. I had one pusgoyle who was able to tank an absurd amount of attacks and really put in some work before he was finally finished off.

Overall I think Meeting engagements is really fun! I definitely want to play more of it and I think our mortals work quite well in that game type. I think it will be popular with my friends.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Goldy751 said:

are pusgoyles worth taking? I really like the models but they seem so unreliable becouse of their low model count. and also I think blightkings are just better.

I want to get Bloab and a GUO/rotigus next for my army.

Pusgoyles are very fast and resilient. The problem as you stated is that they dont have model counts to take objectives, and they also cant kill things in order to reduce the numbers to take objectives. Two blightlords wont kill anything, really. So just three models will still secure the objective. Four blightlords is nice, but its also 400 points. Still have the offensive power of 4 blightkings plus a couple attacks.. that all hit on 4s. 

A unit of 4 with a harbinger of decay is nigh unkillable though.. so there is that. They also work well with the emerald lifeswarm..even if that is also over costed a bit.

Hi guys - reading Plague Garden and being in the middle of a Gutrot Spume conversion, I’ve gotten this urge to convert a floating Plague Landship from the Gloomtide Shipwreck - what rules should I use to represent it? Is the war mammoth too far fetched? (Massive footprint, crew, impact attacks) Any other ideas?

• Like 1

So I have my annual trip to Warhammer world next month for some games. I like to pick something up from forgeworld when I'm there usually and wondered how well (if at all) the tamurkhan units perform in more casual / casual-competitive play. Looking at the warscrolls unfortunately none of them jump out too hugely as great picks but I totally may be missing something or not considering some cool uses for them. I'm considering Tamukhan himself but he's also a rather pricey boi. 

15 hours ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Hi guys - reading Plague Garden and being in the middle of a Gutrot Spume conversion, I’ve gotten this urge to convert a floating Plague Landship from the Gloomtide Shipwreck - what rules should I use to represent it? Is the war mammoth too far fetched? (Massive footprint, crew, impact attacks) Any other ideas?

thats an awesome idea!. I have a war mammoth myself but ive been thinking about building another one. a big landship would fit it prety well, depending on how big it is you could also use it as a war shrine maybe. Id love to know how this project turns out!

On 7/3/2019 at 3:14 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

@GreenFly Did you sculpt that yourself?? Thats an awesome sculpt! Could easily be used in Gw stores and events as it looks to be from GW kits :D ..what I mean by that is the quality. If you do make molds, let us know here. Or gather a "PM list"

Yep, i have sculpted this. Thanks for your rating :)

Yesterday send model to copy. Soon ill get first replicas.

Now i'm trying to learn zbrush or blender for 3d sculpting models... But it looks like hand molding is better for me.

Also, page with my projects, something like blog, lol: https://vk.com/plaguet (this is in russian)

P.S. I really hope this is not prohibited to post links like this. 

Hi all, 

I'm trying to make an 800pt army for a doubles tournament and I am happy with 520pt of it as:

Harbinger w/ Grandfather's blessing and Witherstave (160)

40x Marauders w/ Axe & Shield (200)

5x Putrid Blightkings (160)

The other 280pt I am torn between three options:

A: Sorcerer (120) + Jabberslythe (160)

B: Bloab Rotspawned (240) + Soulsnare Shackles (40)

😄 Verminlord Corruptor (260) + Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Im new to AoS but played WHFB for a long time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, not only on the three options above but comments on spells/artifacts too! 

Thanks

On 7/5/2019 at 7:48 AM, Dolio said:

Hi all, 

I'm trying to make an 800pt army for a doubles tournament and I am happy with 520pt of it as:

Harbinger w/ Grandfather's blessing and Witherstave (160)

40x Marauders w/ Axe & Shield (200)

5x Putrid Blightkings (160)

The other 280pt I am torn between three options:

A: Sorcerer (120) + Jabberslythe (160)

B: Bloab Rotspawned (240) + Soulsnare Shackles (40)

😄 Verminlord Corruptor (260) + Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Im new to AoS but played WHFB for a long time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, not only on the three options above but comments on spells/artifacts too! 

Thanks

I think bloab with blades of putrefaction would be good. Especially on the marauders that get a +1 to hit on a 3+ when they pile in..making it proc on 5+!

• Thanks 1

Hey guys. With the recent point changes, how do your Thricefold lists look like? Do you still take the Umbral Spellportal?  For me it is and will always be an auto-include. I was thinking of:

Melee GUO

Support GUO

Rotigus

30 Pb

30 Pb

5 chaos warrior

Spellportal

Geminids 

New FAQ greatly improves our ability to place trees! Now only needs to be 3 inches away from another terrain piece and 1 inch from an objective. Restrictions apply to horticulous' ability too. Can't be placed before a game as some worried/were hoping for.

Very happy with these changes personally. I tried playing 1 game with the placement rules as written in the GHB and it was awful.

4 hours ago, TheVenerableBede said:

The fact that they have been updating the errata in a more agile way now, and ours still remains untouched means we can finally put the Blightkings unmodified 6s thing to rest. Ain't going to happen until a new Battletome is out.

Not sure if they just overlooked it because nurgle isn't a big thing today or if they chose to keep it modified because it would  be too strong  and would need an additional point increase too... 

14 hours ago, Zplash said:

Not sure if they just overlooked it because nurgle isn't a big thing today or if they chose to keep it modified because it would  be too strong  and would need an additional point increase too... 

I think blightkings are fine at 160 even if they had unmoddified 6s. the fact that they dont have rend makes up for that. and yeah blight cyst is a great thing but you are paying 200 points just for that. I really think they just overlooked it becouse there are a lot of factions that didnt get an faq this time. I guess GW just focussed on the newer stuff. its a real shame that we didnt get a faq becouse we could really use one tbh

33 minutes ago, TheVenerableBede said:

Am I right in thinking this FAQ confirmed that spells / abilities that work off characteristics also take into account modifiers?

If so, that makes Cloying Quagmire a bit more tempting, especially if you are likely to face Fyrelsayer 1+ saves or SCE 2+ saves.

Pretty sure this does not work, since "armour enhancing" abilities do not modify the save characteristic, do they?

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

VERY frustrated we didnt get unmodified 6s. Looks like this is the situation we are stuck with until a new battletome which isnt even on the horizon for atleast a couple years probably. 

Yeah bit annoying. Thricefold it is for a couple of years!

Quick question; I’m using a Verminlord corruptor in my maggotkin army, and I suddenly realised that the Skaventide battletome has some pretty awesome artefacts and command traits available - can I use these? 

(Specifically artefact: Blistrevous, the living cyst; +2” move, reroll to hit, and command trait Malevolent; reroll 1s to wound. Both of these are available to Clan Pestilens heroes, which the VLC is?)