AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Rumors from a rather reliable source:

All the models get a 5++ (don't know what happens to the harbinger). GUO should get +2W but it isn't confirmed yet. This could explain the cost increase for the glotkin and GUO.

New allegiance ability: on unmodified 6 to hit, all the models in the army put a disease token on the enemy. At the end of the turn roll a dice for each token. For each 4+, remove the token and the unit takes 1MW. A unit can't have more than 7 tokens at a time.

Plaguebearers get +1w -1 save and the banner only brings back 1 model when you roll on 1 on your battleshock test.

The tree loses run+charge but gains a new rule. that we haven't heard of yet.

edit: someone just posted this in rumors

d50835b3-78e8-4474-b9ac-711560454381.jpg.8c3983cdf709f936d26a632309f10347.jpg

Edited by spenson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spenson said:

All the models get a 5++ (don't know what happens to the harbinger). GUO should get +2W but it isn't confirmed yet. This could explain the cost increase for the glotkin and GUO.

I do wonder if the Harbinger has gone if this rumour is true. 

His main bonus could now be a universal trait, and while his warscroll made him a useful hub of keywords and abilities his model is very old and small and finecast.

42 minutes ago, Jazzbeaux said:

I do wonder if the Harbinger has gone if this rumour is true. 

Maybe he buff the Ward 5++ (too 4++) or he let 5er Procc the NEW Ability with MW on 4+ (with the 7er Counter) ?!

I like the new Changes, sounds cool for me. The posibility that it could be good for Matchplay is all abount the Pointcost. We will see...

On 11/22/2021 at 11:29 AM, spenson said:

New allegiance ability: on unmodified 6 to hit, all the models in the army put a disease token on the enemy. At the end of the turn roll a dice for each token. For each 4+, remove the token and the unit takes 1MW. A unit can't have more than 7 tokens at a time.

Plaguebearers get +1w -1 save and the banner only brings back 1 model when you roll on 1 on your battleshock test.

I must say, the new allegiance sounds quite terrible. I wonder if we're meant to get some other synergy off of it, like a certain number of stacks giving penalties and the like? Because a handful of mortal wounds here and there at the end of the turn sounds really mild and unimpactful. But if actually debuffs opponents with enough tokens, that can be really interesting.

I have also heard that BKs stay at 4W (some people thought they might go up to 5 after seeing Fecula's bodyguards being 5W themselves), and that while we don't have our own endless spells, the "neutral" ones we cast will count as infected and add tokens for the new allegiance.

To be honest I find this way better than the cycle of corruption if you exclude unnatural vitality that is very strong. Either you're playing against an army that will never let you cast foul regenesis (hello Kairos, Nagash, Teclis and other great mages that you see a lot in tournaments) and you rely purely on luck to have the right stage at the right time or you're playing against an army where a lot of stages are really useless (e.g. SoB). It's especially bad that almost half the effects happen at the start of the hero phase before you can attempt to move the wheel so you don't get anything this turn if you move to stages 0, 3 or 6. 

Edited by spenson

On 11/22/2021 at 3:29 AM, spenson said:

Based on the visible battle tactics in the preview today it looks like we have some confirmation of this. At least it looks like disease counters are definitely a thing and there's a tactic for killing models with them and one that looks like it has to do with spreading them around. 

The plaguebearer change sounds pretty solid assuming nothing else changes on their scroll and their points don't go way up. Not sure how I feel about the tree though, losing run and charge is going to deeply change the way we play. If the wheel is completely gone as well then the only speed buff we'll have is the bell (assuming it doesn't go as well). Unless blight kings get a major damage buff I could see them disappearing from the tables. Too slow and the plaguebearers sound like the better tanky option. 

Edited by Grimrock

17 minutes ago, Jazzbeaux said:

A close up of the Battle Tactics tokens included in the new Nurgle Warscrolls pack.

image.png.b59d932f5a613a8e6509612801ecd725.png

I wonder if they Change the Summoning part. to Summon a GUO u really Need to Focus on it from Building your Army on.

But most of them seems solid and okay. Nothing unholy difficult in it. We will see...

More, give me more BT Leaks ;)

The new preview lists 27 Warscrolls, while Warscroll Builder has currently 29 Warscrolls listed having long since removed the Slaves to Darkness and Skaven scrolls to their own lists.

In those 29 Warscrolls are 3 Forgeworld units - Exalted Greater Daemon, Plague Toads and Pox Riders of Nurgle.  All of which will surely be removed like Bile Trolls and Plague Ogors and more in the past. 

So that makes 26, with the Feculent Gnarlmaw to add (not listed on Warscroll Builder) which makes 27.  So it could be that everything is still there?

image.png.d44660d21ddcd2ef09d01bbb737e0afd.png

image.png.04d2e24a2553517f8c0d2997722f6db0.png

46 minutes ago, Jazzbeaux said:

The new preview lists 27 Warscrolls, while Warscroll Builder has currently 29 Warscrolls listed having long since removed the Slaves to Darkness and Skaven scrolls to their own lists.

In those 29 Warscrolls are 3 Forgeworld units - Exalted Greater Daemon, Plague Toads and Pox Riders of Nurgle.  All of which will surely be removed like Bile Trolls and Plague Ogors and more in the past. 

So that makes 26, with the Feculent Gnarlmaw to add (not listed on Warscroll Builder) which makes 27.  So it could be that everything is still there?

image.png.d44660d21ddcd2ef09d01bbb737e0afd.png

image.png.04d2e24a2553517f8c0d2997722f6db0.png

Assume the new warscroll is the new sorceror model?

That would mean everything stays. 

9 hours ago, Jazzbeaux said:

Well, the preview vid "this week in warhammer" or what it is called shows the table of contents:

1759488301_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-06um20_52_13.png.c8b659e2beaf3f975b184d6dd4049beb.png

So every single unit entry is well known.

It´s rather interesting that Lord of Afflictions as well as the Maggot Lords all fill a whole page with their warscrolls which is not mandatory with the recent scrolls. Does it mean we will see enhanced rules?

Oh, and 3 pages for battle traits?!?

Edited by Hannibal
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Well, the preview vid "this week in warhammer" or what it is called shows the table of contents:

1759488301_Bildschirmfoto2021-12-06um20_52_13.png.c8b659e2beaf3f975b184d6dd4049beb.png

So every single unit entry is well known.

It´s rather interesting that Lord of Afflictions as well as the Maggot Lords all fill a whole page with their warscrolls which is not mandatory with the recent scrolls. Does it mean we will see enhanced rules?

Oh, and 3 pages for battle traits?!?

I hadn't watched that, but good to know what is in the book.  I had thought that the Finecast figures would have been removed but they are still there.

Hoping the disease counters have other effects. It's a very strange mw mechanic otherwise. I imagine it'll have other juicy benefits.

The first 7 x 6s (on a single unit) are all that count for a 50% chance of 1 mw before battleshock.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

TBH it seems quite strong especially if you manage to get at least one token on a unit early. Even if you don't hit the ennemy it's an average a MW each round for free until the end of the game. 

It will depend a lot on the extra synergies.

Edited by spenson

56 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Hoping the disease counters have other effects. It's a very strange mw mechanic otherwise. I imagine it'll have other juicy benefits.

The first 7 x 6s (on a single unit) are all that count for a 50% chance of 1 mw before battleshock.

Well a unit can get topped up pretty quickly in protracted combat (2 per turn plus however many 6's). An extra 3-4 mortal wounds every round is nothing to sneeze at and considering how durable we're supposed to be with everything having disgustingly resilient I wouldn't be surprised if most combats take at least 3 rounds to fully resolve.

I'm assuming at least one of the spells will be something along the lines of 'target unit rolls for disease immediately as if it were the battleshock phase'. The artifact will probably be something along the lines of 'this model gives 2 disease points instead of 1', but might be something like 'pick one enemy unit within 3, it immediately has 7 disease points'.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1

You don't remove one point, you set the number of tokens to one. This means that the unit will never get rid of them but you can go from 7 to 1.

The one thing I hope we don't lose is the -1 rend to ennemy we had in the previous BT. It's extremely strong against a lot of armies.

Edited by spenson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, spenson said:

You don't remove one point, you set the number of tokens to one. This means that the unit will never get rid of them but you can go from 7 to 1.

The one thing I hope we don't lose is the -1 rend to ennemy we had in the previous BT. It's extremely strong against a lot of armies.

Woah i think almost everybody read It bad. Sharp eye Pal.