AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Tali182 said:

The new tome is in December, if it is delayed till march or later that would be a huge disappointment haha

I don't see that happening though, maybe models could be delayed that long like the dragons but I am sure the tome would not be.  The announcement was close enough to December I am sure the tomes are already printed and likely on there way out to the various GW warehouses around the globe (if not already there)

Must of missed the December announcement 😅

Just assumed it got the 'coming soon' treatment

On 10/15/2021 at 4:55 AM, Gristlegut said:

any insights on our new book? wish lists? it's coming soon!!

The only things we know will be included so far are based on articles that have been published:

- Pusgoyles +1W so will count as 2 models each. Lose their 5+ daemonic ward. Possibly get rend 1.

- Locus of Fecundity - not sure what it will do gamewise though.

- New miniature in addition to the revealed sorceror. There is a rumour engine with possibly a Nurgling playing a bone flute. 

My predictions:

- the palanquin makes a return to with a new revamped Epidemus.

- either he or the Harbinger is a Priest.

- the Wheel goes or is reworked.

- synergy/proximity with characters is more important

- as per previous comments a change to the go-to elements i.e GUO bell

- improvement to nurglings

Unrelated but should we not be creating a Maggotkin 3.0 thread?

Edited by Warpfiend

10 hours ago, Warpfiend said:

The only things we know will be included so far are based on articles that have been published:

- Pusgoyles +1W so will count as 2 models each. Lose their 5+ daemonic ward. Possibly get rend 1.

- Locus of Fecundity - not sure what it will do gamewise though.

- New miniature in addition to the revealed sorceror. There is a rumour engine with possibly a Nurgling playing a bone flute. 

From where are These Infos ?! Pusgoyles without a 5+ Ward (and no DAEMON-Keyword ?!?!) without or with -1 Rend are no Thing someone can use. If we take a Look at the nee SCDragonRiders its a shame and a absolut Insult for Maggoktin. 

New Minitaures i dont Need, Endless Spells would be nize but.... Sry guys i had a really bad fealing for us with the new Book. 

The info on the Pusgoyles came from the Warhammer Community article on Maggotkin in 3.0 https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/19/dying-is-for-the-weak-not-the-maggotkin-of-nurgle-in-the-new-edition/

The player tester states that with 8W Pusgoyles now count as 2 models so are better for holding objectives. He also goes on to suggest using a Harbinger to give them a 5+ ward. As you can't stack wards I think the daemon keyword has gone.

I know some would say that the article was rubbish and should not be trusted but I don't think this can be dismissed as the info is too specific - why mention it at all otherwise.

As for the new miniature, there is an unsolved rumour engine with what looks like a nurgling. So I suspect that is another miniature coming.

RDT_20211105_1054043594002883711872299.jpg.b9a7beaf06471e9df58694f65a0ee3ef.jpg

Looking at the latest announcement on the new BT we have a few snippets:

Diseased battle trait, an army-wide ability that withers any enemy units that are nearby or that have taken damage from Diseased Weapons. 

The various plagues and contagions have more impact, and the troops are just as hard to put down.  Even more so if you bring along their most powerful daemon, the so-called Loci of Fecundity.

So I think we will see some interesting changes where daemons boost effectiveness of abilities and resilience possibly army wide.

This might make mixed mortal and daemons the way to go.

Edited by Warpfiend
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Warpfiend said:

The info on the Pusgoyles came from the Warhammer Community article on Maggotkin in 3.0 https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/19/dying-is-for-the-weak-not-the-maggotkin-of-nurgle-in-the-new-edition/

The player tester states that with 8W Pusgoyles now count as 2 models so are better for holding objectives. He also goes on to suggest using a Harbinger to give them a 5+ ward. As you can't stack wards I think the daemon keyword has gone.

I know some would say that the article was rubbish and should not be trusted but I don't think this can be dismissed as the info is too specific - why mention it at all otherwise.

That article was posted back in June and was focused on how to use the current battletome in the new edition, it has nothing to do with the new battletome. 

Edited by Grimrock

Pusgoyles already count as 2 models, what is this "they get 1 extra wound to count for 2 models"? The suggestion from the June article was because those writing it just paid little attention to how Nurgle works. iirc the article had several mistakes/errors.

Also, I've already heard a few times the Wheel might be going away (which I'm fine with, really). And, tragically, the article was fairly clear that we're getting nothing but the new sorcerer model (yay, waiting 4 years for 1 re-done model).

Edited by Gistradagis

Don't understand why people are unhappy we're not getting loads of new models. The current nurgle range for AoS has literally everything you'd want. Why do we need a new wave of models? The current selection does a fantastic job of covering both the mortal and daemon side with a gorgeous model range. 

4 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Don't understand why people are unhappy we're not getting loads of new models. The current nurgle range for AoS has literally everything you'd want. Why do we need a new wave of models? The current selection does a fantastic job of covering both the mortal and daemon side with a gorgeous model range. 

6 non-hero units. Literally 2 units of mortals, the second being a mount version of the first with the mount from another one of our units. Our line does a supremely poor job of representing our range, except for daemons who have it alright.

"everything you'd want."

Edit: For bonus points, we're also the only Chaos faction without endless spells. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, but still a funny detail.

Edited by Gistradagis
  • Like 3

Just now, Gistradagis said:

6 non-hero units. Literally 2 units of mortals, the second being a mount version of the first with the mount from another one of our units. Our line does a supremely poor job of representing our range, except for daemons who have it alright.

"everything you'd want."

Let's agree to disagree here my friend :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grimrock said:

That article was posted back in June and was focused on how to use the current battletome in the new edition, it has nothing to do with the new battletome. 

I respectfully disagree. Maybe I can convince you otherwise.

Firstly, there is no reference to a specific battletome it just talks about which units will be good in 3.0.

Secondly, when do you think the new battletome was written? I doubt the new battletome was written, tested, printed and ready to shipped in December if they started it after June. It takes longer to produce than that. 

I think therefore they were already playtesting the new rules and the "errors" in the article are actually because the author is talking about the new battletome.

3 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

Pusgoyles already count as 2 models, what is this "they get 1 extra wound to count for 2 models"? The suggestion from the June article was because those writing it just paid little attention to how Nurgle works. iirc the article had several mistakes/errors.

Also, I've already heard a few times the Wheel might be going away (which I'm fine with, really). And, tragically, the article was fairly clear that we're getting nothing but the new sorcerer model (yay, waiting 4 years for 1 re-done model).

You're right Ws do not matter - my bad. Still they have 7 currently so moving to 8 as stated in the article. I am not convinced its an error. It might make sense if they are losing the 5+ ward.

On only getting one model? What do you think the rumour engine is then? Not a nurgling?

Just curious.

At least the pessimism over the new battletome is fitting for Nurgle!

Just now, Warpfiend said:

You're right Ws do not matter - my bad. Still they have 7 currently so moving to 8 as stated in the article. I am not convinced its an error. It might make sense if they are losing the 5+ ward.

On only getting one model? What do you think the rumour engine is then? Not a nurgling?

Just curious.

At least the pessimism over the new battletome is fitting for Nurgle!

I do genuinely believe we could see an extra wound, if anything because one key element in our new book is that almost all of our units need a bit of a boost, but my scepticism over the info on that article is mostly rooted in some stuff feeling like they simply didn't pay too much attention, rather than it being a secret wink to a tome that wouldn't be announced for months. Perhaps it was, but I'm not very convinced.

On the flute? I really don't know. When it came out, my friends and I thought about it, and ended up feeling that it could be smth Nurgle-related, this being a flute and the fingers weird, or some death model, who also has models with similar fingers.

Perhaps it is for us, perhaps not. Or perhaps it is smth Nurgle-related but that we won't see until months later, getting some random new model? I don't know.

Much like you say, this kind of "I reject hope" is very thematic for Nurgle, so at this point I have made peace that what we know presently seems to indicate we aren't getting new things, be it an actual mortal range like Hedonites, endless spells, or something else such as the flute rumour. If we get a surprise announced before December, fantastic. Otherwise, I'll simply concentrate on our new rules and book.

The only thing I'd want new models for would be to open up some new battleline options but I expect the new book to do that anyway.

Would like to see Plague Drones battleline in Droning Guard and Beasts of Nurgle of Horticulus is the general.

Ad itself doesn't do a lot if you play full mortals.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, AaronWilson said:

And how do we explain that SCE get a new battletome every 3 month and 75 new models every 2 weeks?

I have never seen someone writing your statement regarding to SCE

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, AaronWilson said:

I think Nurgle is currently the faction with the smaller number of troop units in Chaos and it doesn't help that they are just the same type of units just mounted and on foot. 

I will surely be content if i can just play the army with my units of Blightkings instead of having to buy a new powerful infantry unit of 30-40 "Nurgle Marauders" and build them and paint them from scratch, but more diversity and choices in the army roster usually keep things fresh and interesting.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, Kurrilino said:

And how do we explain that SCE get a new battletome every 3 month and 75 new models every 2 weeks?

I have never seen someone writing your statement regarding to SCE

No need to exaggerate the last SCE battletome came out in June 2018, just less then six months after Nurgle and I would argue  the Nurgle book held up better over the course of 2nd. So yeah a longer wait but not that much longer in the grand scheme of things.  At least Nurgle has a had a functioning tome, one of my other favorite armies Nighthaunt came out June 2018 and was dead on arrival (pun intended :P)

Models yeah they got plenty more can not argue that. Though I personally love the range still and would be fine with little to no new kits to have to spend more money on!

46 minutes ago, hurben said:

WHat are u talking about?

I was referring to Slaangors which one poster DarthAnnüss praised the design of, and another ibel criticised the design of.

I then said that there are two designs that relate to Slaangors (and all AoS miniatures).  The physical model, and the unit warscroll which can be independently good, bad or indifferent.  So you could love the model, but the warscroll is bad for example.

Just now, Jazzbeaux said:

I was referring to Slaangors which one poster DarthAnnüss praised the design of, and another ibel criticised the design of.

I then said that there are two designs that relate to Slaangors (and all AoS miniatures).  The physical model, and the unit warscroll which can be independently good, bad or indifferent.  So you could love the model, but the warscroll is bad for example.

thanks buddy for the explanations :) 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, Jazzbeaux said:

My bad. I was speaking, specifically, to the miniature design, which I  like. 

• Like 1

More rumours.

Part of the Putrid Blightking warscroll confirmed see Rumour Thread or Herokaupp:

5A 3+ 3+ and Rend -1. 4+ sv still there. Not sure about Ws. Still only 1" reach.

Exploding 6s probably gone.

Apparently big point hikes for GUO and Glottkin although this is unconfirmed.