Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the Facehammer GT a few weeks ago with my Nurgle army and lost every game! Finished second from bottom! I did however win 2nd Best painted army which was amazing! If you really want to

Here’s some photos of my Maggoth Lord I mentioned earlier. Its my version of Morbidex Twiceborn, but I suppose that as it’s a guy with a scythe it could double as Bloab if I add some flys and bells. I

Thought people in this thread might enjoy a picture of my fully finished army.

Posted Images

Hey guys,

I am looking to start my nurgle army... I am looking for an out-of-the-box painting scheme.  Really I am thinking a frozen/frost Nurgle list.  Almost Norsca like with Gutrot Spume becoming the new Wulfrik (maybe ; )).   Anyway, does anyone have any pictures of a frozen nurgle list or ideas to bring this to creation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 10:36 AM, ireland012 said:

Hey guys,

I am looking to start my nurgle army... I am looking for an out-of-the-box painting scheme.  Really I am thinking a frozen/frost Nurgle list.  Almost Norsca like with Gutrot Spume becoming the new Wulfrik (maybe ; )).   Anyway, does anyone have any pictures of a frozen nurgle list or ideas to bring this to creation?

I just had a mental image of a snot-sickle

Link to post
Share on other sites

More interesting lists from TTS on Tabletop.to.  Both Bightcyst and Thricefold lists going 2-1.  There is also an Archaeon / Nurgle's Menagerie list which didn't do well.

https://tabletop.to/hammertime-iii

Notable parts of the Thricefold list:

Munificent Wanderers

Be'Lakor

Plaguebearers in units of 30 / 10 / 10

Allied in Untamed Beasts (probably for the pregame move + run and charge)

 

The Untamed Beasts are a clever idea for a slower list.  They allow a 6" pregame move plus warscroll run+charge.  They can be used as either a screen against deepstrike / teleport / alpha strike or they can first turn charge to try to pin the enemy in their deployment zone.  The first turn charge is especially interesting because Thricefold is a slower list.  Pining your opponent can allow you to move out and secure board control.  All for 70 points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was running the Thricefold at this event. Haven’t been playing them long but found the list to be super solid.

The one loss was to the effective hard counter of the army (33 screamers who do extra damage in combat with monsters and can fly over wizards doing d3 mortals - unfortunately the GUOs are both 😭). That being said, it was still a close game.

The other games were against Zaitrec Teclis and Triple Frigate plus Ironclad KO. The KO were able to murder a GUO per turn but the plague bearers won the objective game with their innate -1 hit. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, VonSmall said:

Solid list & can be a pain to try and work through with all the wounds. Not thinking about taking Witherstave on the Harbringer to keep things alive longer?

Maybe yes. It´s a base list we are testing in my team, we started with 45 putrids and now... you can see.

But we have some bad matchs vs Lumineth/Tzeench/Seraphon. What changes do you think can improve that matchs? Our main problem is the magic: they kill the characters with magic and then, you now. "Pium pium".

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Maybe yes. It´s a base list we are testing in my team, we started with 45 putrids and now... you can see.

But we have some bad matchs vs Lumineth/Tzeench/Seraphon. What changes do you think can improve that matchs? Our main problem is the magic: they kill the characters with magic and then, you now. "Pium pium".

Ally in a contorted epitome for its double re-rollable dispel and its 2+ save against mw might help but you know, you should redo some calculations to figure out what to remove to make it fit

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 7:01 AM, VonSmall said:

I was running the Thricefold at this event. Haven’t been playing them long but found the list to be super solid.

The one loss was to the effective hard counter of the army (33 screamers who do extra damage in combat with monsters and can fly over wizards doing d3 mortals - unfortunately the GUOs are both 😭). That being said, it was still a close game.

The other games were against Zaitrec Teclis and Triple Frigate plus Ironclad KO. The KO were able to murder a GUO per turn but the plague bearers won the objective game with their innate -1 hit. 

Hi fella! First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughs and reports. I would like to ask about the untamed beast. I play a similar ThB list but without them, and i would like to know if they are worh it or not.  Tanks a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EngraBlackSword said:

Hi fella! First of all, thanks for sharing your thoughs and reports. I would like to ask about the untamed beast. I play a similar ThB list but without them, and i would like to know if they are worh it or not.  Tanks a lot!

Hey man, thanks for the comment. Happy to chat through the untamed beasts.

To be honest, they are one of the most versatile units in the list thanks to that pre-game move and run & charge. In scenarios like Focal Points / Blades Edge it means you can grab all the objectives early on without giving up your plaguebearers to a double turn hit. Against armies that teleport in with 12" range shooting attacks it means that you can position the fat boys behind them and pregame move the unit forward to screen out the droppers. Worst case scenario, you can throw them on a a flank wth Be'lakor to go hunting for any objective just to give him Lookout Sir!

I know I haven't  even begun to scratch the surface with how useful they are but for a 9 model unit that has 10 wounds, a 6" pregame move and can run and charge 70 points is an absolute steal.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I made this video analysis of the PB list. I hope you like it and if you want, we can discuss it in order to improve analysis on the future.

This is currently 99% my tournament list mate !
Just a thing, I prefer to give the LoB the full reroll of its save and the endless gift to the harbinger. Last big tournament here in France (32 players) I did 4/1 and finish at the 4th place. Only lose again Fyreslayers because it was impossible to snipe his heroes for the FNP. Then, won against Idoneth, Tzeentch, Sylvaneth and Ossiarch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VonSmall said:

Hey man, thanks for the comment. Happy to chat through the untamed beasts.

To be honest, they are one of the most versatile units in the list thanks to that pre-game move and run & charge. In scenarios like Focal Points / Blades Edge it means you can grab all the objectives early on without giving up your plaguebearers to a double turn hit. Against armies that teleport in with 12" range shooting attacks it means that you can position the fat boys behind them and pregame move the unit forward to screen out the droppers. Worst case scenario, you can throw them on a a flank wth Be'lakor to go hunting for any objective just to give him Lookout Sir!

I know I haven't  even begun to scratch the surface with how useful they are but for a 9 model unit that has 10 wounds, a 6" pregame move and can run and charge 70 points is an absolute steal.

Love it!

 

I use to run Chaos Warhounds because they also offer some outstanding capabilities (really huge screening possibilities and auto 6" run for early objective grabing), but that pregame move also offers lots of options. I have to think about that unit.

Though I do not fully understand the usability of run and charge because I feel that a unit with 10 wounds doesn´t want to see combat because, well it´s just slain in the forst round of combat. Isn´t it?

 

That being said I´d like to hear more about your army because whenever I field 3 GUOs they don´t seem to do great things. I absolutely love the Bell GUO and 1-2 units of 30 Plaguebearers but I have yet to get any success out of thricefold befoulment. IMO the GUOs lack any offensive capabilities to speak of. It´s just a shame what this new mountain bearing monster of Lumineth can do for comparable costs. Better support, better offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, NurgleSeb said:

Ally in a contorted epitome for its double re-rollable dispel and its 2+ save against mw might help but you know, you should redo some calculations to figure out what to remove to make it fit

Yes, is a good idea. Maybe you can make the change for Spume and 5 guys-

On 10/8/2020 at 8:41 PM, hurben said:

This is currently 99% my tournament list mate !
Just a thing, I prefer to give the LoB the full reroll of its save and the endless gift to the harbinger. Last big tournament here in France (32 players) I did 4/1 and finish at the 4th place. Only lose again Fyreslayers because it was impossible to snipe his heroes for the FNP. Then, won against Idoneth, Tzeentch, Sylvaneth and Ossiarch

Do you have the other list of the tournaments or a report? Congrats!!

Yes, playing vs Fyreslayers is hard if you can´t finish with the FNP. 40 or ever 60 H-Guards can destroy our Putrids with their mortal wounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 1:01 AM, VonSmall said:

I was running the Thricefold at this event. Haven’t been playing them long but found the list to be super solid.

I'm curious how you arrived at the 30 / 10 / 10 split for Plague Bearers.  What are the pros / cons for this split?  The reason I ask is that I'm building a Tallyband list and I'm having a hard time deciding on how to split my Plague Bearer units. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, meatpipeline said:

I'm curious how you arrived at the 30 / 10 / 10 split for Plague Bearers.  What are the pros / cons for this split?  The reason I ask is that I'm building a Tallyband list and I'm having a hard time deciding on how to split my Plague Bearer units. 

@meatpipeline - The list is one used a lot by Terry Pike of the Facehammer team. I really just liked the look and wanted to run three fat boys. He's been playing the army since the book dropped and has a good grasp of the mechanics. 

With the recent GHB2020 the army received a boost in points drops making it a bit more viable to run. As for the 30/10/10 it really came down to what else in the army I was willing to drop...which is nothing. For me Be'lakor and Geminids is auto include in just about any chaos build I run. Portal is massive for the plague wind. As mentioned above, the Untamed Beasts are fantastic for their points.

So going back to your original question, keeping points as they are, 30/10/10 is the best way I can see of having three battleline units. a 20/20/10 split seemed too easy to break up...you only need to magic off one plaguebearer from each 20 block and they lose a -1 hit in combat and shooting whereas the 30 is really sturdy and takes some beating before it loses it's buff. The 10s still get the natural -1 hit in shooting which helps to keep them alive against shooting and draws opponents into combat...where you want them to be.

As a competitive build I would 100% say there are way more lists out there that are better than this one...what this list does have is resilience and, on it's day (and with a bit of luck!), can go toe to toe with top build lists thanks to it's ability to absorb / shrug off / heal damage.

Hope that helps!

Edited by VonSmall
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking into a casual list that utilizes the Horticulous Slimux + Nurgle Beasts Garden Battalion, a Lord of Afflictions general, and the Drowned Men subfaction. As you can imagine, this is not a waac list. 

The plan for the battalion is to maximize Feculant Gnarlwoods for summoning points to consistently drop 3 Frogriding Poxbearers  onto the table (I adore their sculpts, forgeworld or not). Going for a dying coral reef/toxic sea paint scheme/aesthetic, which I think the beasts of nurgle and frogs will lend themselves beautifully toward. The Blightlord flies will get greenstuffed tentacle mouths; I'm aware of how pillow fisted and overpriced they are when compared to kings, but again, rule of cool. I want the army to look disgustingly appealing. 

This is essentially "take models that look nifty.list" that I would slow grow as a less miserable list to play against than my usual armies (Daughters, Bonereapers, and Slaanesh...I swear I didn't intentionally become "that guy.") and I'd like opinions on how best to finalize it.

Additions can be attempts to make the list not-horrible (Unlikely, as I'm not willing to budge on a majority of the list) or simply suggest sculpts that fit the theme or provide an aesthetic compliment. 

Horticulous - 220

Beast of Nurgle x 1 ( x 3 seperate units) 210

Garden Battalion - 180

Lord of Afflictions - 190 (General)

Gutrot Spume - 140

 

Blightlords x 2 - 190

Blightking x 10 - 280

Blightlords x 2 - 190

1600/2000

Misc note: I will always summon a unit of Poxriders, highly limiting my summoning options. 

I'm willing to change up the battleline (Though at minimum I want Lord of Affliction and a unit of Flyguys) with anything non-Marauders (Marauders don't fit the aesthetic I want without heavy conversions). I'm also opposed to 20 man blocks of Blightkings cause...well, I don't want to paint 20 Blightkings, to be quite frank about it. 

Apologies for the pickiness, and thanks for any and all input. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, Nasrod said:

Looking into a casual list that utilizes the Horticulous Slimux + Nurgle Beasts Garden Battalion, a Lord of Afflictions general, and the Drowned Men subfaction. As you can imagine, this is not a waac list. 

The plan for the battalion is to maximize Feculant Gnarlwoods for summoning points to consistently drop 3 Frogriding Poxbearers  onto the table (I adore their sculpts, forgeworld or not). Going for a dying coral reef/toxic sea paint scheme/aesthetic, which I think the beasts of nurgle and frogs will lend themselves beautifully toward. The Blightlord flies will get greenstuffed tentacle mouths; I'm aware of how pillow fisted and overpriced they are when compared to kings, but again, rule of cool. I want the army to look disgustingly appealing. 

This is essentially "take models that look nifty.list" that I would slow grow as a less miserable list to play against than my usual armies (Daughters, Bonereapers, and Slaanesh...I swear I didn't intentionally become "that guy.") and I'd like opinions on how best to finalize it.

Additions can be attempts to make the list not-horrible (Unlikely, as I'm not willing to budge on a majority of the list) or simply suggest sculpts that fit the theme or provide an aesthetic compliment. 

Horticulous - 220

Beast of Nurgle x 1 ( x 3 seperate units) 210

Garden Battalion - 180

Lord of Afflictions - 190 (General)

Gutrot Spume - 140

 

Blightlords x 2 - 190

Blightking x 10 - 280

Blightlords x 2 - 190

1600/2000

Misc note: I will always summon a unit of Poxriders, highly limiting my summoning options. 

I'm willing to change up the battleline (Though at minimum I want Lord of Affliction and a unit of Flyguys) with anything non-Marauders (Marauders don't fit the aesthetic I want without heavy conversions). I'm also opposed to 20 man blocks of Blightkings cause...well, I don't want to paint 20 Blightkings, to be quite frank about it. 

Apologies for the pickiness, and thanks for any and all input. 

I'd look for the cool stuff you can ally in from StD or Monsters of Chaos, because you can do really sweet custom work on those models (and they don't have to be good)... Fomoroid Crusher, Cockatrice, Mindstealer Sphiranx, Jabberslyth, Chimera, etc.  You have 400 points of allies, USE THEM!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkK said:

Finished a second unit of blightkings, working on a unit of blightlords next. Looking to work on a larger model next, what would be a good choice, GUO, Glottkin or Maggotlord? 

IMG_20201017_121745.jpg.381470120119d01d1cb06b7b00b8fd81.jpg

 

  Hide contents

 

IMG_20201017_121806.jpg.b72100009cbb223abce2f95c100aa4bc.jpgIMG_20201017_121822.jpg.591dcfd32f339f11e1985adc321d15ba.jpgIMG_20201017_121832.jpg.0f3e482b8c262d94e5ca8394df6e1eb9.jpgIMG_20201017_121857.jpg.6cfba4d320869bb8aa778fda2b5debca.jpg

 

 

Looks sick, the saturated green really works with that pale white skin. I really feel like a GUO on this scheme would be extremely vile, so that's my vote.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, MarkK said:

Finished a second unit of blightkings, working on a unit of blightlords next. Looking to work on a larger model next, what would be a good choice, GUO, Glottkin or Maggotlord?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

IMG_20201017_121806.jpg.b72100009cbb223abce2f95c100aa4bc.jpgIMG_20201017_121822.jpg.591dcfd32f339f11e1985adc321d15ba.jpgIMG_20201017_121832.jpg.0f3e482b8c262d94e5ca8394df6e1eb9.jpgIMG_20201017_121857.jpg.6cfba4d320869bb8aa778fda2b5debca.jpg

 

 

If you are hobby/painting focused, then pick whichever model you think you'd enjoy the most orwill hold your attention/focus... if that's painting challenge, look of the sculpt, conversion potential, or whatever else drives your hobby.  Narrative focus follows a similar pattern.

If you are gaming focused (playing models on the tabletop), I usually find that it's easier to have a list as an end goal.  So I spend time creating and tinkering with is list, while working on the core troops.  By the time I've finalized what I want to build towards, the special models (larger hero/artillery/build-around unit) have generally stabilized.

If I had to give you an answer, I would go for the Glotkin as it matches your existing Rotbringers on a larger scale.  I've tried to build lists around the Maggothlords and I desperately want them to be good... but they just don't do enough.

I do plan on building a list with Morbidex Twiceborn and massive units of nurglings, but that is another story.  Rolling buckets of dice that do nothing.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, Homer72 said:

Hello, I beg your pardon, i'm not a native english speaker(german).

What does "spam" means in this context?

"Spam" heisst mehr oder weniger, unzaehlige Einheiten aus einem unendlichen Vorrat von Einheiten ohne Ruecksicht auf Verluste in den Kampf zu werfen.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...