AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

ok guys that is all i can do for today gotta go now, and wont be avaible till like in 24 hours so you probably will get another source of info, i like some things like bloodsecrator, priest, judgements and the 4 houses (they got good artifcats and things) one that makes you hit first (even b4 FEC), etc, but im very dissapointed on nerfs and increased points and removal of weapons, we will see! Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Bululu said:

- Have Skullreapers seen any changes?

might be a bug of my battle tome but they lost the -1 rend damage 2 weapons

now they have an 3xtra attack like the gore slic blades profile and do extra mortal on 6 to hit  and they dont get mortal on self on 1, you no longer get better with killing, you get a flat hit reroll if the target unit has 5+ models, and finally they make 1d3 mortasl on 5+ they go up to 180 points

Is that extra mortal on flat 6 only on Daemonblades or on both types? Because if both weapons can do it, why take Daemonblades?

Just now, Bululu said:

ok guys that is all i can do for today gotta go now, and wont be avaible till like in 24 hours so you probably will get another source of info, i like some things like bloodsecrator, priest, judgements and the 4 houses (they got good artifcats and things) one that makes you hit first (even b4 FEC), etc, but im very dissapointed on nerfs and increased points and removal of weapons, we will see! Have fun!

Thanks for sharing man! I think Khorne will do great overall with the new changes, the nerfs were bound to happen and the new stuff makes more then up for it imo. Looking forward to see it in action!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zamik said:

- Have Skullreapers seen any changes?

might be a bug of my battle tome but they lost the -1 rend damage 2 weapons

now they have an 3xtra attack like the gore slic blades profile and do extra mortal on 6 to hit  and they dont get mortal on self on 1, you no longer get better with killing, you get a flat hit reroll if the target unit has 5+ models, and finally they make 1d3 mortasl on 5+ they go up to 180 points

Is that extra mortal on flat 6 only on Daemonblades or on both types? Because if both weapons can do it, why take Daemonblades?

There is no demonblade they no longer have weapon options

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

The good news is all the new warscrolls are up on the GW New Zealand site.

The bad news is... well it's more bad than good for warscroll changes. 

Which site? The store site? The PDFs look the same.

EDIT: Nevermind I see them 

Edited by Easytyger

I can see Skullreapers going to a single weapon profile unfortunately. Yes they have two handed weapons in the box but that doesn't mean much.

I think it's pretty incredible that that unit might not have a single weapon with rend though...

Sadly I was hoping we would see MORE units that improved with battle, not just the usual 'you get to attack first or twice or run and charge'. I would have been happy with our current speed but getting deadlier when we get there.

I dont want over powered but I do want them to be interesting...

1 minute ago, Zamik said:

Okay, it's not AS horrible as I thought: they all get 4 attacks at 3+ 3+, all weapons can do the extra mortal wound on an unmodified 6, and the unit never takes battleshock tests. I think I can live with this.

They also get +1 to charge from the banner. Would be nice to see some statistics on the damage output difference.

all the profile seems accessible.

Wrathmonger and skullreapers are better than i feared. Loosing the "attack yourself" ability is sad, but aoe mortal wounds is more reliable

Valkia and Skraar become VERY good

Skullcrusher loose the 4+ against spells but do much more damage

skullgrinder was murdered

blood throne have its niche (can use common CA with a range of 12" even if not the general)

Edited by ledha

Seems like the Bloodthirster CA's have changed too. Wrath of Khorne now use the ability in the combat phase and allow reroll hit rolls of a daemon unit wholly within 16". No more Run+Charge.

All these changes are pretty much in line with the changes from Wrath & Rapture. Less buff-stacking but more base power

Edited by Sedraxis

Games Workshop new zealand has new warscrolls. Some highlights:

1. Skarr Bloodwrath now rolls 2D6 at the end of the movement phase. He comes back on an 8+. Nerf.
  2. Skullreapers have 4 attacks, but one weapon profile. They get an additional MW on an umodified 6.
  3. Skullgrinder has been nerfed. Now offers D3 mortal wounds when within 2'' of an enemy hero or monster.
  4. Skullcrushers now have a 3+ save. These guys are looking to be OP.
  5. Khorgotath -1 bravery nerfed. Now any units attacked by any number of Khorgorath models add +1 to their battleshock roll. No more stacking -1 bravery in 1-model Khorgorath units.
  6. Bloodsecrator no longer offers battleshock immunity. Wizards within 16'' reroll their spells. Huge nerf, might be offset by new artifacts and the new Judgement that attacks spellcasters.
  7. Khorghos khul no longer has the 3d6, 2 highest rolls for charge ability. Instead if he is general, allows rerolls of 1 to hit for units wholly within 16'' of him. Can pile into combat at 8''. Can reroll all hits. 3 attacks, 3+, 3+, -1 rend, D3 damage. Can unbind 1 spell and 1 endless. Reality splitting axe remains as is.
  8. Slaughterpriests can attempt to unbind an endless spell in addition to unbinding a normal spell once per turn.
Edited by kcmerc