AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I got my first cabbage a while ago and build a gordrakk out of it. But Last year I got a second one that I didn’t finish since I work on too many things at the same time.

but I hyped myself again and been working hard on this one the past few nights, few more days/weeks and it should be done.

My custom (still nameless after many years) clan finally getting a worthy (still nameless) boss, riding his mighty jaguwaagh5EF3717D-AE3E-4055-9216-82D92B62448F.jpeg.5180bdf1ea9e02ba09ca7ca2ddc27b61.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

I got my first cabbage a while ago and build a gordrakk out of it. But Last year I got a second one that I didn’t finish since I work on too many things at the same time.

but I hyped myself again and been working hard on this one the past few nights, few more days/weeks and it should be done.

My custom (still nameless after many years) clan finally getting a worthy (still nameless) boss, riding his mighty jaguwaagh5EF3717D-AE3E-4055-9216-82D92B62448F.jpeg.5180bdf1ea9e02ba09ca7ca2ddc27b61.jpeg

The spots are really cool!

• Like 1

Double Cabbage: In Aos2 and in our still current Battletome it is said, that, for every battalion we can give a 2nd /3rd Mawkrusha a mount trait. How do you guys interpret the paragraph into AoS3, while battalions as such have been squatted, but with Core-Battalions around, you can still giv all of your cabbages traits?

Just now, Keilerei said:

Double Cabbage: In Aos2 and in our still current Battletome it is said, that, for every battalion we can give a 2nd /3rd Mawkrusha a mount trait. How do you guys interpret the paragraph into AoS3, while battalions as such have been squatted, but with Core-Battalions around, you can still giv all of your cabbages traits?

If I recall correctly you dont get extra artifacts/mount traits per battalion anymore but instead get to spend Enhancement points on additional upgrades if any core battalions grant you Enhancement points. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Backbreaker said:

Beautiful model! 

Haha, we are a funny bunch, we are so used to have a small range of model with very little support that a single promo minature is enough to make us happy ^^

I think we are resourceful with the kits we do have.

For example, I made 3 different Megabosses out of the current kit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShaneHobbes said:

If I recall correctly you dont get extra artifacts/mount traits per battalion anymore but instead get to spend Enhancement points on additional upgrades if any core battalions grant you Enhancement points. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah you are right. Paragraph 27.3. But Thanks anyways.

I played five 3ed games so far. It's refreshing and everybody is enjoying it. A lot of new players also.

Yesterday I played a small Ironjawz list without a Maw Krusha. I really missed my frog dragon. He is our best piece. By far.

My opponents rolled really well especially their save rolls. But what shocked me was the sylvaneth player. The new guy they received with broken realms can take a command trait to increase the range of his spells. And he has a spell that hits everything within 9. With this command rait he is hitting evrything within 15 inches. And he has a nativ bonus of +1, +2 with the throne.

I had a lot of small units to do a big +2 Waaagh. In the end he rolled like 13 dices for every unit in my army, dealing MW on 5 & 6s.

Why am I explaining that? Because I think I will play my MK much more cautiously. For example, even if the free mighty destroyer per round is crazy good, I'll take the +1 save command trait and the generic artefact for a 5+ ward save. And weird' un' even if I always loved my D4 Maw Krusha (with warchanter).

• Like 2

So the new faqs seem to have almost no effect on ironjawz. What I'm not sure about is the Kragnos faq:

Page 106 – Kragnos Delete the box at the end of the warscroll and replace the second paragraph of the Description with: ‘WARMASTER: This unit can be included in an Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz, Ogor Mawtribes or Sons of Behemat army. If it is, it is treated as a general even if it is not the model picked to be the army’s general, and you can still use the army’s allegiance abilities even if this unit is not from the army’s faction.’

Is this meant as a clarification that he doesn't remove your ability as a faction to use allegiance, or is this meant to state that he benefits from them even without containing the faction keyword.  If the former, not super sure why it was necessary.  If the latter, this feels like insanely huge, and makes him amazing in Ironjawz.  First time reading it  I thought it was latter.  But now that I read it again, suspect its not so exciting.  Just wanted to see how others read it.

The former I think. He still doesn't have the relevant keywords to use the allegiance abilities himself, he just doesn't disrupt your allegiance. Archaon has the same rule so he can be taken in a Blades of Khorne or Maggotkin army (etc) without having to be an ally. Neither Ironjawz nor Kragnos got much out of the new FAQs.

What's the consensus on Megaboss on foot for 3.0? Would he make a good general at 1k games/tag teams? If not, how would you do your leader roster? Weirdnob shaman and 2 Warchanters?

Also, in a 1k list I was making, I allied in a Wardok to get a priest and allow 6+ ward prayers for my units. I feel like having a priest is fairly important. What's your take on it?

3 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

What's the consensus on Megaboss on foot for 3.0? Would he make a good general at 1k games/tag teams? If not, how would you do your leader roster? Weirdnob shaman and 2 Warchanters?

Also, in a 1k list I was making, I allied in a Wardok to get a priest and allow 6+ ward prayers for my units. I feel like having a priest is fairly important. What's your take on it?

I'm working on a list to try out that involves a Maw Krusha and two megaboss on foot. I'm hoping the smaller board size and changes to pile in will help the footbosses get stuck in better with a group of boyz to back them up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

I like bringing him in Bloodtoofs armies so i dont "waste" an artefact on my MBoMK and with the smaller boards i can see him getting into a lot more combats.

I dont know if it is important to have a priest in your army but if you have the points, i get why you do it.

• Like 1

More feedbacks:

We are able to use "Smashing&bashing" much more often than before. With reinforcement points, lists tend to go for multiple small units. But we already played like that because of our high costed units. The result is that we tend to fight at least twice in a row. It's like we are lumineths, but we have to think at least 😁

Right now, mortal wounds are everywhere. Last time I said that I would play my MK more defensively (4+ ignore spell, +1 save, 5+ ward). I played against a Flesheater player. His ghoul king dealt 18 mortal wounds on a single combat phase, slaying my MK without any counter measures. The core rules are awesome, the game is much more fun than before. But there are still some warscroll/allegiance that need corrections because it feels like they are not even playing the same game (a game with MW during shooting/fighting phase and ward save).

Gruntas are really awesome, counting as 6 models for objective is great.

Our shaman is so bad it's sad 😅 Wurrgog prophet is worth the 50 points, generating CP and having a spell for reinforced units (pink horrors for example) is really good.

My next list, still unsure about spells and battalion:

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Wurrgog Prophet (170)
- Allies
Wardokk (85)
- Allies
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495)
- General
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Command Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Weird 'Un
Orruk Warchanter (120)
- Warbeat: Get 'Em Beat
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
- Pig-iron Choppas
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (95)
Rogue Idol (420)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 255 / 400
Wounds: 114

• Like 1

What ho chaps, can someone tell me if the below list is legal? I think it’s ok, I’m working on the assumption that taking Warlord gets me just an extra artefact, not a Mount trait or anything like that? Ta!!

- Warclan: Ironsunz
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Right Fist of Dakkbad  
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Warlord
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour  
Orruk Warchanter (120) in Warlord
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120) in Warlord
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (190) in Battle Regiment
- 1x Gorkamorka Banner Bearers
- 1x Gorkamorka Glyph Bearers
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170) in Warlord
- Jagged Gore-hackas

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

4 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

What ho chaps, can someone tell me if the below list is legal? I think it’s ok, I’m working on the assumption that taking Warlord gets me just an extra artefact, not a Mount trait or anything like that? Ta!!

- Warclan: Ironsunz
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Right Fist of Dakkbad  
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (495) in Warlord
- Artefact: Sunzblessed Armour  
Orruk Warchanter (120) in Warlord
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120) in Warlord
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

Battleline
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (170) in Warlord
- Jagged Gore-hackas

Total: 1970 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

Warlord gives you an extra enhancement which can be one of: artifact, mount trait, spell, prayer

• Thanks 1

Quick question regarding Priest vs Wizard. In Warscroll Builder, I'm allying a Wardokk to my list. When I try to choose a spell, I have generic spells, okay. But when I try to select a prayer it replaces my spell with the prayer.

Does it mean that a wizard cannot be a priest and vice versa? Do I need to choose between a wizard or a priest in my list? The Wardokk has the Bonesplitterz Wizard keyword. Does it mean it can't be a wizard if not in Bonesplitterz? If anyone could help out on this that'd be great.