AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

So here is the first of the official new AoS 2 Discussion threads on the forum. Obviously I'm starting in the most important place; Ironjawz! With the imminent release of AoS 2 (and a lot of the info already being out there), now is the time for us to start afresh on TGA.

Moving forward, this will be the main thread to chat about and discuss Ironjawz in the new edition. I still wholly encourage people to keep their own threads/army blogs within this sub forum and I also think those are a great place to share some photos as I know not everyone frequents the Painting & Modelling section (like me!). But this thread is purely for discussion around the faction, things such as (but not limited to) tactics and list building etc. You all know the drill, we've been doing it on this forum since inception!

For newer players, I would say the older thread could still be worth perusal and whilst it is now locked for further replies, you can find it here - http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/11053-gh2017-ironjawz-review-discussion/

For Ironjawz specifically, I look forward to getting involved in the conversation once again as I start building some lists and restart my endless quest of finding the ultimate build! Admittedly, I haven't been keeping up with spoilers and reveals all that much, at this stage I'll just wait until I have my books before getting stuck back in.

Really excited to see what we can come up with as a community and I look forward to reading all your ideas and thoughts.

Chris

• Like 6

Long time stalker, first time posting!

Im guessing that Gordrakk won't be allowed in the Bloodtoof's? However it does feel like our game plan is battalions, cogs and pumping attacks (waaaaagh, mighty waaagh and voice of gork). I typically run MBMK so you could get the mighty waaaaagh each turn, but for a pounding alpha strike thats got more chance of making it across the board (+2" move & 3d6 +3" charge with cogs before battalions) surely voice of gork on a ironfist or even a bloodtoof's (dribble) is the way? with a waaaagh from regular footboss or MBMK thats minimum 3 extra attacks for your battalions! Im hyped about bringing the waaaagh in AOS 2! 

p.s. thanks for all the great IJ posts, has kept me very motivated :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

First! Now lets start things off...Bloodtoofs? +2 Command Points, 3 artefacts, +1 to charge, +2 to bravery...how to make it work...discuss!

Im debating were to get my casting sources from,,I really like the Troll hag but those points could by 2 wierdboyz plus other stuff.Though the Hag is tough as nails to kill and would need focusing down,,a tall order when a Mawcrusha and dozens of ironclad Orruks are in your face straight away.

I think my first go at a Bloodtoofs list is going to be:

Megaboss on Maw Krusha w/ironclad, gargant bone dice
Megaboss w/ghur feather
Weirdnob Shaman
Warchanter w/boss skewer

Brutes x5
Brutes x5
Gore Gruntas x3
Gore Gruntas x3
Ardboys x10

Ironfist
Bloodtoofs
Cogs

Totals in at 1940 for an extra command point. Wanted to bring a third brute squad instead of Ardboys but command point seems worth dropping down. Could also fit them in by changing out weirdnob for fungoid cave shaman but then it is a two drop army instead of one. Would probably need to spend a turn getting into position, and then charge everything and Waaagh 5 times on turn two. 

Edited by Jgroover
  • Like 5

Haven't seen all the leaks yet, but...

It's possible to use Ironjawz artefacts + realms artefact on the same list? Not sure about the ruling.

If possible, that -3 rend weapon on the Mawkrusha Megaboss is so tasty without losing the boss skewer/ buffed golden toof.

2 hours ago, Lord_Cabbage said:

Great list, do we know if there are any ‘rules of one’ on command ability use in matched play? 

I would certainly hope so or there is going to be some nonsense.

We have two different waaaghs however (or three if you count a warboss on wyvern)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

First! Now lets start things off...Bloodtoofs? +2 Command Points, 3 artefacts, +1 to charge, +2 to bravery...how to make it work...discuss!

For me my Bloodtoofs are
MK (artefacts, traits tbc)

Megaboss (artefacts tbc)
Fungoid
Warchanter (artefacts tbc)
Warchanter
Brutes x5
Brutes x5

Brutes x5
GG 3
GG 3
Cogs

I really love my brutes so would rather take more. 

Warchanters and Megaboss run with brutes

fungoid casts cogs in our backline to avoid future dispelling 

Gruntas and MK go hunting 

Anyway that’s my take on my 2.0 bloodtoofs

Hello all, 

Been following this forum for a while and as AoS2 is almost upon us I thought I would share my bloodtoof army!

4jn9z4.jpg

bff393.jpg

10s86yr.jpg

imtn9f.jpg

2ntlr1k.jpg

w7lyjp.jpg

2mmzuaw.jpg

2jfn50j.jpg

The current list has 20 points to spare for the Soulsnare Shackles or Malevolent Maelstrom, which one would you guys think will benefit the army better, seeing its all footslog brutes.

let me know!

Mark

Edited by Mortaal
  • Like 22

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (540)
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (440)

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Battalions
Bloodtoofs (120)
Ironfist (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 104

It's like the gordrakk fist with slightly less turn 1 reach but a waaagh! Extra and 2 mks getting both bonuses to boot.

Not to mention you can use the third cp to reroll a crucial failed charge.

Also requires only 17 models to run.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

CA can be spammed in matched play. The only restriction is the same CA cant be used on a single unit more then once. 

Or so all the leaks and such say

Good thing we have 4 different waaaaghs available!

Gordrakk, MK, Megaboss on foot, Warboss on wyvern.  

Brutes on +5-7 attacks!  Can you imagine a boss smasha with 6 attacks that autohit?

Probably too difficult/expensive to build around.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tolstedt said:

The only restriction is the same CA cant be used on a single unit more then once. 

So this brings up an interesting question regarding our Waaagh! since the unit we "use" them on is the Megaboss not the other units. This means we are once again in a grey area where RaW doesn't clearly define whether we can have multiple of the same Waaagh! type over multiple megabosses.

21 hours ago, Mortaal said:

Been following this forum for a while and as AoS2 is almost upon us I thought I would share my bloodtoof army!

Hey Mortal great looking army love your colour scheme n welcome to another warboss. I have no idea regarding the new spells as I haven’t seen any of the new stuff but I’m interested in knowing how you find running bloodtoofs 

List designed a list called Weirdly ard fist (not to creative)

Warchanter

Weirdnob

Orruk warboss with flag

3 x 10 man ardboy units

4x 5 man brute units

Weirdfist betalion

Ardfist bettalion 

Think its 1890 at this point with the ghb 2018 changes if the rumors are belived 

Plan is chuck the ardboys up fast,dont worry as we get them back. Then second wave charge the brutes in with a bana buff and waaagh. Would have liked a megaboss to but nvm. Dont remember the wording on the spell buffs for the weirdfist battalion but they may make endless spells uber if it works like that although 1 spell a turn is probably just getting dispeled

• Like 1