AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

43 minutes ago, Vanger said:

Got to watch too late. Any improvement on brute weapon profiles?

might be an error but looked like he used 4 dice for both hackas and choppas with both 3+/3+ which would not make more sense, maybe someone spotted something different? Boss weapon is now just claw and smasha, 4 attacks 4+/3+/rend 1/2dmg so worse than both combos right now, unless he did that wrong as well. No special rules either for that. No mention of duff up da big thing either (didnt come up though). So all in all they sounded a bit worse warscroll wise.

The Megaboss on foot also sounded like having the same statline, although like the MKs the new strength from victory rule is better, he got a new command ability in addition to the allegiance stuff but upped to 150 pts.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, broche said:

f they kept the same profile they are now totally insane

Since GW doesn’t really push for balance... rather semi balance and a rotation of strong units.... all I have to say is:

About time destro has some filth!!! Not since the days of Battle Brew and the FL have we been a true threat!

• Haha 2

Notes I made from watching the twitch streams:

Brute fist does mortal wounds for each model within 1 inch on a 4+ after charging. 

MBMK 460 points:

Destructive bulk does mortal wounds on a 5+ instead of 4+. Same amount of dice. Save rolls of 6 does mortal wounds back (not 100% sure of this on the MBMK). Smasha and rip tooth is 6 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/2 and mighty fist and tail does 8 attacks at 3+/3+/-2/2 and is still on the damage table. Strength from victory for any kill. D6 scream attacks at 2+/3+/-1/1. Command ability: units gets +1 to hit. 

Brutes 140 points:

Claw+club 4 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/2

Gore choppa 3 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/2

Dual choppas 4 attacks and two handers 3 at 3+/3+/-1/1.

Megaboss 150 points:

6 attacks 3+/3+/-1/2. Strength from victory and mortal wounds back on saves of 6. 

Notes from the interview with Ben johnson:

No battering ram or endless spells. 

Ardboys got only one profile, don't know if Ben had it wrong but he said 2 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1. 

Warchanter gives  +1 damage for no cost(?) or and no test and 3 dice to charge on a 4+ prayer to a unit wholy within 12 (or 18?)

Gordrakk:

9 attacks with mighty fist and tail. 5 attacks with each axe hitting on 2+/3+/-1/1 and D3 and extra damage to heroes/wizards. 6 instead of D6 screaming attacks. 

Command ability. Destruction units gets +1 to hit. 

Units in cover gets damaged on charge? 

Smashing and bashing and mighty destroyers are unchanged. 

Mighty waagh allegiance:

D6 waagh points every turn. Bringing gordrakk makes it a 6.Each warchanter gives 2 each turn.

6 waagh points for +to cast and 8 for +to charge. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

13 minutes ago, Skumbaagh said:

Notes I made from watching the twitch streams:

Brute fist does mortal wounds for each model within 1 inch on a 4+ after charging. 

MBMK 460 points:

Destructive bulk does mortal wounds on a 5+ instead of 4+. Same amount of dice. Save rolls of 6 does mortal wounds back (not 100% sure of this on the MBMK). Smasha and rip tooth is 6 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/2 and mighty fist and tail does 8 attacks at 3+/3+/-2/2 and is still on the damage table. Strength from victory for any kill. D6 scream attacks at 2+/3+/-1/1. Command ability: units gets +1 to hit. 

Brutes 140 points:

Claw+club 4 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/2

Gore choppa 3 attacks at 4+/3+/-1/2

Dual choppas 4 attacks and two handers 3 at 3+/3+/-1/1.

Megaboss 150 points:

6 attacks 3+/3+/-1/2. Strength from victory and mortal wounds back on saves of 6. 

Notes from the interview with Ben johnson:

No battering ram or endless spells. 

Ardboys got only one profile, don't know if Ben had it wrong but he said 2 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1. 

Warchanter gives  +1 damage for no cost(?) or and no test and 3 dice to charge on a 4+ prayer to a unit wholy within 12 (or 18?)

Gordrakk:

9 attacks with mighty fist and tail. 5 attacks with each axe hitting on 2+/3+/-1/1 and D3 and extra damage to heroes/wizards. 6 instead of D6 screaming attacks. 

Command ability. Destruction units gets +1 to hit. 

Units in cover gets damaged on charge? 

Smashing and bashing and mighty destroyers are unchanged. 

Mighty waagh allegiance:

D6 waagh points every turn. Bringing gordrakk makes it a 6.Each warchanter gives 2 each turn.

6 waagh points for +to cast and 8 for +to charge. 

Amazing summary. Thank you for taking the time to note this and share with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

The klaw+basha thing sucks incredibly. My goodness, they could not help themselves couldn't they?

Can we at least have access to the great waaagh table as IJ?

Yes but then we would loose IJ allegiance abilities. (mighty destroyers, smashing, +to charge). We would be able to bring artefacts from IJ thou. Ben said something about this. 

No the table is for the great whaagh, although +1 charge is an early buff for like 6 or 8 points. If you bring Gordrakk and 2 warchanters for example you get 10 points per turn, so you could have 20 points by turn 2 and have +1 to hit and +1 wound to all Orruks units. That is Insanely powerful.

Now we have not seen the new Gore Gruntas new warscroll, but using the old ones as reference, they would be quite devastating, especially with a warchanter to buff them with +1 damage and possibly 3d6 charge range. If they still get +dmg on the charge, they will turn into a terrifying missile of destruction, riders being 2+/2+ and 2 dmg, and the boards 3+/3+ possibly with 1+d3 damage.

No doubt Ironjawz in both versions will be more powerful and flexible than they are now. I do think that the Great Whaagh army is best suited for larger games and it does sound like Gordrakk might nearly be a must have, even the 2 warchanters as getting to 20 points by turn 2 instead of 3 for both +1 hit and +1 wound.

We do not know if there are more ways to expend the points than just the whaagh ability either, but they have to be powerful to lose those buffs. 

I'm not feeling the changes to brutes, I'd have much rather they were buffed to be worth their points. Hopefully there's some new abilities to make them really good otherwise I can't see them being a better choice than 10 ardboyz who all hit on 3+ 3+ with a +1 damage from the chanter.

26 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

No the table is for the great whaagh, although +1 charge is an early buff for like 6 or 8 points. If you bring Gordrakk and 2 warchanters for example you get 10 points per turn, so you could have 20 points by turn 2 and have +1 to hit and +1 wound to all Orruks units. That is Insanely powerful.

How did you get both +1 to hit and +1 to wound? The +1 to wound is already 20 pts on it's own right?

18 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Ardboys with rend? Is that real? Depending on their points that could be nuts. 

I hope the Weirdnob got a serious warscroll overhaul 

They always had rend.

And in regards to the great waaagh... it means sacrificing the IJ waagh, mighty destroyers and smash ans bash, as well as mad as hell. It... i do not feel it being worth it, specially given that you'd need to dedicate some 700+ pts to reach there.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha

47 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

They always had rend.

And in regards to the great waaagh... it means sacrificing the IJ waagh, mighty destroyers and smash ans bash, as well as mad as hell. It... i do not feel it being worth it, specially given that you'd need to dedicate some 700+ pts to reach there.

Only the big choppas had rend. If they only have one melee profile now that means double weapons, big choppas, and shield builds all have rend