Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the look of the new magic..better choice always good for everyone. Wonder if their will be other rules unique to realms..? 

New mystic shield going to change a lot of the bigger creatures no more 2+ saves....poor Nagash ?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/22/22nd-may-faction-focus-disciples-of-tzeentchgw-homepage-post-3/

The endless spell looks kind of interesting and it mentions that they will also see changes to their summoning mechanics.

And related to the discussion about the removal of the rule of one: 

"... Previously, a lot of Tzeentch players favoured one or two big casters like a Lord of Change, but with the changes to heroes and magic, I’m pretty excited to try out some armies with half a dozen lesser wizards, chucking some seriously pyrotechnic spells about. ..."

I can see nurgle vs tzeentch now,

Nurgle: I cast blades of putridification and nice i got a 8.
Tzeentch: My lord of change with the Magical Supremacy trait is going to unbind from 39" away, gonna take a 4 from my destiny dice pool so that's a 9 to unbind so now my LoC know's blades of putridification.
Nurgle: *sheds a single pus filled tear

1 minute ago, chord said:

I like the Arcane bolt change.

The realms already had realm specific spells since the beginning of AoS (players just ignored them) so nice to see them added into the mix (yet again)

Previously weren't they scattered amount campaign books and scenarios? Hopefully they'll be in a more core location this time around.

Like most of the faction focuses so far, not a ton of info in the Tzeentch one either, probably the best info is that that the summoning info is coming this week.

49 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

As a Nurgle player you should'nt be the big fish in the magic pool. Nagash and Tzeentch should be.

Firthuring your metaphor..I never said I want to be a big fish..but with these changes I think there are ONLY going to be big fish in this pond and not a well balanced ecosystem of smaller/medium sized fish. The 18” unbind range was a “natural predator” that kept he magic heavy armies somewhat in check with smart positioning. Once that natural check is removed they will be able to dominate the pond...

11 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Firthuring your metaphor..I never said I want to be a big fish..but with these changes I think there are ONLY going to be big fish in this pond and not a well balanced ecosystem of smaller/medium sized fish. The 18” unbind range was a “natural predator” that kept he magic heavy armies somewhat in check with smart positioning. Once that natural check is removed they will be able to dominate the pond...

In all of the games I've played I don't think the 18" unbind came into effect more than a handful of times. I'm glad that they increased this because it makes magic more interactive more often.

Now the balewind (as it currently is) only outranges unbind by a little for standard spell ranges (18")

16 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I disagree. The 18" dispel range meant that normal armies normally had no chance to dispel magic and so magic heavy armies got their magic off without risk.

Now armies like blades of khorne will have much more chance of dispelling magic

31 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Previously weren't they scattered amount campaign books and scenarios? Hopefully they'll be in a more core location this time around.

They were, then a smaller list consolidated into the GBH2017.    

13 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I disagree. The 18" dispel range meant that normal armies normally had no chance to dispel magic and so magic heavy armies got their magic off without risk.

Now armies like blades of khorne will have much more chance of dispelling magic

So you think a “normal army” with basic magic will be able to cast against Tz, kroak, and Nagash? They can now unbind with bonus from further away then you can cast. LOL good luck with that. It’s only a benefit to the magic heavy armies who have abilities and bonus that stack the deck in their favor with regards to unbind rolls. 

Before, the only check on getting spells off against them was first turn (maybe second) and positioning to stay outside unbind range.

also khorne has natural magic defense. Forcing refills at 36” and having access to auto deny through blood tithe (?) and also the tune artifact 

Just now, sal4m4nd3r said:

So you think a “normal army” with basic magic will be able to unbind Tz, kroak, and Nagash? LOL good luck with that. It’s only a benefit to the magic heavy armies who have abilities and bonus that stack the deck in their favor with regards to unbind rolls. 

Their chances of unbinding the big guys has got better not worse under the new rules!

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

So you think a “normal army” with basic magic will be able to cast against Tz, kroak, and Nagash? LOL good luck with that. It’s only a benefit to the magic heavy armies who have abilities and bonus that stack the deck in their favor with regards to unbind rolls. 

You realize Kroak already has infinite unbind range. Nagash is an 800 point model, and magic is the Primary focus of tzeentch?

Edit: Not to mention Nagash had a pseudo nerf losing mystic shield for his army because his command ability makes the new mystic shield redundant.  No more 2+ for Nagash.

Edit2: Also to get "maximum value" out of Nagash now you need two other wizards so he can cast 8 spells. That's minimum 1020 points if you want this. 

Just look at it from a 1,20 mt heigh prospective!  My Runelord is the engine of my army, i cannot afford to put him in the spotlight, at 18" from the enemy wizard (i suppose the enemy weapon are even closer then that)  and he's the only guy in a dispossessed army able to dissipate magic. With a +2.

I'm sorry, very sorry that your magic-behemot-flying-summoning-tourn1charging-magic spamming-lore picking-triple artifact table Nurgle army cannot cast in a reliable way 4 spells a turn.
I'm happy to have the possibility to stop one.

4 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

I suppose those armies should be strong in the magic phase. That's why they cost a shedload of points and maybe even more in the new edition with their added abilities. 

I can see Nagash going up in points again - maybe back to his original 900. Since the new book he's been crazy good.

32 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

[...]The 18” unbind range was a “natural predator” that kept he magic heavy armies somewhat in check with smart positioning. Once that natural check is removed they will be able to dominate the pond...

It isn’t substantially different than giving all armies the advantage of putting a wizard on a Balewind Vortex in the current edition. 

Including  armies that don’t have Wizards, but do have dispellers in the form of Priests or Totems etc.

The magic part of the hero phase has now become much more interactive. Less “nobody is in range I’m casting to my hearts content ...” and more of a “need to ensure that I’m clear, can you dispel ...” 

I think the change has merit.

11 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

I suppose those armies should be strong in the magic phase. That's why they cost a shedload of points and maybe even more in the new edition with their added abilities. 

Shedload of points, LoC for 300pt doesn't feel that much IMO. But maybe it will cost more.

But almost regardless of points is this really going to be playable in matched play. Nagash throwing units around with banishment just to pick the spell we have seen seems very... hmm strong. But we haven't seen all yet so we might have missed something.

Archived