Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kramer said:

This is the best mic-drop i've ever read. hahaha. (not trying to be a d*ck, just had the mental image of Kanye doing this ;) ) 

I feel mic-drops should be an everyday thing. Everyone should carry microphones around for the sole purpose of dropping it; same with sunglasses for one-liners.

Oh, a perfect world.. :D

37 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

I figured, but the guy i was responding to wanted to throw out the scenario where you got home realm spells in addition to the battle realm spells because as he put it "the two arent mutually exclusive".

Ah, I am sorry. I am guilty of lazy reading once again. That would indeed be a little too much.

40 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

I mean this seems a whole lot of fuss over something literally no one has played with yet and that's before we even know 100% how realms are handled etc. Let's not run before we can walk right? Lets wait, play games with the new releases get data and go from there.

Pre-orders are up within the week! What's everyone pre-ordering? It'll be the GHB, Corebook & Malign Sorcery for me :D

I'm super undecided. I really want the Wizard on Gryph-charger from the starter set and I'm interested in getting some Sacrosanct units but I don't want to end up with a load of models that aren't optimized for match play. If Evocators come in 5s then the Starter set ones are useless. You could get up to 10 Sequitors with the little booster box but then you have two Primes with shields which you wouldn't ever use.

I'd be glad also to see all the weapons options of all the new Nighthaunt/Stormcast units. Because sometimes, that make them go from "good enough" to  "amazing" but more frequently to "lame".

My wish: give us all the info so we can MAKE DECISION (of buying and what to buy).

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

My wish: give us all the info so we can MAKE DECISION (of buying and what to buy).

Get yourself down to your local store then, most are now posting on Facebook that they now have an open copy of the box that they can show to customers.

17 hours ago, Mayple said:

Banishment looks fine. If you don't want a specific unit to be banished, then don't walk into range of it. 12'' range is incredibly short - Meaning the caster would have to actively run at you to ever have a chance of using it* - and what happens to scary out-of-position casters? That's right, they get run down and/or shot off the board.

If, hypothetically, ‘no shooting out of combat’ were followed by ‘no magic out of combat’ how do you think the game would change?

Of course, it will never happen as 2.0 is all about cinematic magic, but it would really shake things up. No doubt, settling the concerns of 50% of players and upsetting the rest!

Thematically, i can imagine that your average magician, would need just as much space as an archer while trying to pull whichever rabbit out of a hat.  

Perhaps, after the dust settles from release, i might try this as a special scenario or rule.  Just to see what happens.

28 minutes ago, MightyMetro said:

If, hypothetically, ‘no shooting out of combat’ were followed by ‘no magic out of combat’ how do you think the game would change?

Of course, it will never happen as 2.0 is all about cinematic magic, but it would really shake things up. No doubt, settling the concerns of 50% of players and upsetting the rest!

Thematically, i can imagine that your average magician, would need just as much space as an archer while trying to pull whichever rabbit out of a hat.  

Perhaps, after the dust settles from release, i might try this as a special scenario or rule.  Just to see what happens.

Oh! That's interesting. 

I'm quite fond of the way it works currently, but something like that would, at the very least, force people into taking great steps into protecting their wizard. Although it would probably also lead to a meta where defense is the main focus of any fight, with neither side willing to risk putting their shooting/magic into a position where they could be shutdown like that, making for very slow games.

That being said, most wizards are already squishy enough to need active protection, so it would mostly just affect 'big' wizards like Nagash, Lord of Change, Great Unclean One, etc etc.. as they're the kind of casters who could expect to survive a round of combat ? So not the largest impact, I'd think. Would make people who hate those casters a bit happy though!

Purchase wise - not a clue :S  I think the only hard and fast items are the new Handbook, Dice and Rulebook in some form or another.  Malign Sorcery is on the list but need to review cash depending on what's actually available.

Part of me is tempted to pick up the starter set and sell the stormcast half as this would give me the rulebook, cards, core rules etc, but I'm looking at the Nighthaunt as an addition to my Legions army rather than an army in it's own right so this could be a bit overkill, plus I fear the market may be flooded with Stormcast!  Can't wait to find out more information - only five more sleeps!!!

4 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Purchase wise - not a clue :S  I think the only hard and fast items are the new Handbook, Dice and Rulebook in some form or another.  Malign Sorcery is on the list but need to review cash depending on what's actually available.

Part of me is tempted to pick up the starter set and sell the stormcast half as this would give me the rulebook, cards, core rules etc, but I'm looking at the Nighthaunt as an addition to my Legions army rather than an army in it's own right so this could be a bit overkill, plus I fear the market may be flooded with Stormcast!  Can't wait to find out more information - only five more sleeps!!!

I feel the same. I would use the Stormcast, but sell the Nighthaunt (even though I'd actually quite like a contingent, it's yet another army  to try and paint through!). I think even selling all of the models you could at very least break even on the rule book, but gain all the little bits out of the box too I guess. 

I don't think you'll have any trouble selling either half of the starter set personally, though their initial value may be less I guess if the market is saturated?

Initially I was leaning towards getting the starter set, GHB and Malign sorcery on pre order but I'm now thinking to spread it over a couple of months.

Will probably just go with the starter this time, and get the Sorcery and GHB next month as I can't see myself playing any games for the next few weeks due to other commitments.

The big question for me is, do I sell the Nighthaunt or keep it?

1 hour ago, MightyMetro said:

I was just thinking this.  If everyone thought shooting out of combat was not realistic and unfair, where ae the magic out of combat complaints?  *crickets*.   Personally I really love that idea.  It would be hard to cast a spell when you're in the middle of combat.

I think this would really offer a lot of new tactics.  I hope GW looks into it. 

I've got a purchase moratorium for three months since I recently visited WHW and purchased a lot of stuff... what horrible timing ;( But when I do get money I'll be picking up the core book, the magicks and the GHB.

Anyone else notice that AoS now costs just as much as 40k to play in terms of books? To play matched, you need the core book, the GHB and your battletome. When AoS was new you didn't need to buy any books at all, and the first few battletomes weren't really necessary since all they had was a few battallions. Then the GHB came as a basically mandatory purchase, Battletomes started including a lot more stuff you really wanted and now we're full circle with a huge core book that contains a lot of stuff that was previously in the GHB. It's getting more expensive by the year!

17 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

What's the current plan to get the updated warscrolls? We will be waiting for new battletomes to get them in, or do we expect GW to be selling new Warscroll packs soonish?

I know that some small updates (deleting summoning Spells from Warscrolls or changing summoning spells where made in the Generals Handbook.

Anything else I don't know. If many Warscrolls changed we would need compendium like PDFs or new Grand Alliance Books.

5 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Pretty much no new information on that preview. 

That seems to be the current GW playbook for controlling the conversation around their games, lots of content without saying very much. I guess it's working, looking at all the various crappy wargaming blogs like BoLS and Spikeybits whose content is generally copied and pasted from other places around the internet, they've basically been reposting warhammer community stuff for their GW coverage.

Just now, bsharitt said:

That seems to be the current GW playbook for controlling the conversation around their games, lots of content without saying very much. I guess it's working, looking at all the various crappy wargaming blogs like BoLS and Spikeybits whose content is generally copied and pasted from other places around the internet, they've basically been reposting warhammer community stuff for their GW coverage.

I'm hoping with stores supposedly running  demo games soon we'll get the new rules either officially or unofficially soon.

12 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Pretty much no new information on that preview. 

I think the underground battle rules are new? Could be cool, 6th ed. WHFB had some fun rules for a pre-battle skirmish between teams of sappers that would then have an effect on the main battle. It was immortalised in a great empire vs. dwarves battle report.

21 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Are anyone able to read any of it? The resolution is awful :(

It looks like the chaos ability is
"when a friendly chaos unit picked is to fight, roll a dice if it is within 12" of your general or 3" of a friendly hero. on a 4+ add one to hit rolls for that unit for that fight"
So they are changing the wording of "changing pile in and attack" to "fight"?

1 minute ago, TheMuphinMan said:

It looks like the chaos ability is
"when a friendly chaos unit picked is to fight, roll a dice if it is within 12" of your general or 3" of a friendly hero. on a 4+ add one to hit rolls for that unit for that fight"
So they are changing the wording of "changing pile in and attack" to "fight"?

Oh! That's quite a buff! It triggers on a 6+ at the moment - And yes, it normally says something along the lines of "When a friendly chaos unit is picked to pile in" 

Archived