Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Naflem said:

True, though summoning Skinks would also be another method... 

You would still have to be allied with Seraphon in order to get a wizard that can summon skinks, which would eliminate the need to summon them.

So I've finally decided on a colour scheme for my deepkin. I want them to be shall we say more 'grim dark'. I'm not a fan of the shiny elves and want them to look like they have come from the deepest reaches of the sea or that the deepkin that I field are a separate warband that has taken up refuge in and old ruined elven city that has been consumed by marshes and swamps since the time of legends. C&c welcomejA4AazE.jpg

2 minutes ago, n1ceguypaul said:

So I've finally decided on a colour scheme for my deepkin. I want them to be shall we say more 'grim dark'. I'm not a fan of the shiny elves and want them to look like they have come from the deepest reaches of the sea or that the deepkin that I field are a separate warband that has taken up refuge in and old ruined elven city that has been consumed by marshes and swamps since the time of legends. C&c welcomejA4AazE.jpg

LOVIN' IT!!!!! Looks great!!

1 hour ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

@n1ceguypaul: amazing job! Such a cool theme! 

Is she confirmed at all? I really hope she's in! :D

It wouldn't make since for her to be in the army. For instance the shard isn't in daughters of khaine. That said there is a stormcast eternal silver tower guy. 

20 minutes ago, Loec said:

Warscrolls for preorders are up on the NZ GW website...

Interesting

Yeah, Namarti thralls can upgrade to Icon Bearer, granting battleshock rerolls and +1 attack. There is no limit to the amount of Icon Bearers you can have in a unit. That won't ever be abused :P

47 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

Yeah, Namarti thralls can upgrade to Icon Bearer, granting battleshock rerolls and +1 attack. There is no limit to the amount of Icon Bearers you can have in a unit. That won't ever be abused :P

Will be FAQed in two weeks ;)

Aspect of The Sea is amazing, Thralls are great, Shipwreck is cool but Lotann is plain bad. 

3 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Mindrazor is a lore of shadow spell.  Even if DoK are Allies you won't have access to it 

Ahh just realised it only affects DoK units so no medusa buffs for my thralls... shame

Loving the aspect of the sea. Sad about the Octopus -looks like I wont be releasing the Kraken any time soon

Mindrazor also says - pick friendly DoK unit. SO you cant ally someone into DoK for that either. They are most certainly allies but both armies kind of need their own stuff to work.

With the scrolls we can see so far. the thralls are very elite and get to be Bravery 10 base with re-rolling BS, along with hits and wounds of 1 with incredible attacks. The thralls are super elite where they should cost like 140 for 10 .. but we will see what happens. 

The two big guys are 3+ non monsters so they are typically 2+ to start and nearby the turtles, so thats pretty damn strong. You need to kill them to manage the army but you can't target them and even if you could they are 2+.

The -1 to hit/bravery spell is the best thing in death right now and the aspect of sea does it D6 times ... 

I'm hoping these bonker rules are properly costed.

5 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Lotann is a real let down, a 6/5+ save for a relatively small buff, and decent combat stats but not someone you want in combat. No command ability either.

Just wondering, why everyone's preference for Sea not Storms?

Because Storms is a mediocre beatstick and Sea is a halfway decent pointcost away from being the best model in the game.

A 12 wound, untargetable in the shooting phase unit that doesn't degrade, has reasonable combat stats, a fairly solid shooting attack and a 3+ save is already pretty decent.

Then add in that it's a 2 spell wizard with a built in casting reroll that can also be a built in heal and it becomes even better.

Then add on a 9" +3 bravery aura and that's just fantastic.

Then add in a very flexible, basically free to cast heal/damage spell and it's basically an autotake.

Then Tsunami of terror is straight up the best spell in the game and holy moly.

This guy is should be pushing allarielle or even archaon level of points.

But the crazy thing is, imagine this guy in Byron Orde's mixed order list. 2 spells, can keep up with and be protected by pheonixes, heals 2d3 wounds per turn, puts the enemy at -1to hit, -1 to wound, -1 bravery.

The thing is nuts.

I like the storm aspect enough. It gives a bubble of wound re-rolling 1's for everyone including itself, it has a nice built in charge mechanic and can easily get to a 2+ save without needing mystic shield thanks to terrain and the leviadon, and can dish out a respectable amount of attacks that can cut down most enemies. I have to see the points, but at least for now I like both pretty equally.

or i'm a natural devil's advocate, who knows.

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

Yeah looking at the storm aspect there is zero reason to take lol. Even the damage the storm aspect does in melee isn’t that much higher than sea. Also imo aspect if the sea looks better from a visual perspective. 

This is true.... but only if the points support it. if the aspect of the sea cost twice as much as the aspect of the storm or something like that. THen they start to get alot closer quiet quickly. 

Also for all we know the aspect of the storm can ahve a battalion that makes it better. 

Archived