New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Harioch said:

as I love the myth of Atlantis...and Age of Mythology :D

AoM rocks! One of my favorite RTS of all time. Thumbs up! ^_^ 

20 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, if we get Daughters Of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin so close this year, I can't really see Malerion and Tyrion&Teclis aelves coming anytime soon (alas)... Maybe 2019-2020. 

Most likely, sadly.

Managed to find a leaked page where the angelic aelves are mentioned. It's interesting that it's written as "luminous angelic creatures of reason". Reason seems fitting (d'oh) as it fits the domain of Hysh. The other part is sort of demolishing any hope to see older armies as liberated souls couldn't have been incarnated into old forms, the vibe I get here is as if there'd been a change in how entire universe and divinities work.

Anyway I hope they draw some inspiration from the Devas. 

One thing I will say is in the interview with the DoK writer, he mentions "Aelven Legions". This seems too specific a name to just be made up on the spot. Wouldn't be surprised if the angelic creatures are more Teclis and the legions are Tyrion. Probably will get the Dark Elf units rolled in, though I would love Malerion to keep the black guard and cold one knights in some form.

I'm beginning to understand GW's delay in releasing Aelves - they've completely reimagined them for AOS and are giving each new force a very distinctive personality, unique ways of fighting, new models, inventing or transitioning centerpiece leaders, reintegrating appropriate old models, and somehow engineering Slaanesh into the fate of the Aelves so they can, in turn, do the same thing to Slaanesh's armies. The question is: will this Chaos God also get multiple armies?

42 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

I'm beginning to understand GW's delay in releasing Aelves - they've completely reimagined them for AOS and are giving each new force a very distinctive personality, unique ways of fighting, new models, inventing or transitioning centerpiece leaders, reintegrating appropriate old models, and somehow engineering Slaanesh into the fate of the Aelves so they can, in turn, do the same thing to Slaanesh's armies.

Indeed, people were harping about GW dumbing down AoS "for the kids" when Slaanesh was revealed as imprisoned, but it makes all the more sense now with the return of the aelves.

Archived