Age of Sigmar Open Day 2018

RuneBrush

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pah, gw should have deployed a squad of Salamanders, cleansing the lot with the help of holy Promethium. And opening a way for the Deepkin by that. 

All jokes aside, while it is sad, it's understandable from a corporate point of view. And interesting in a way, as they did cancel the open day but not all other events.... 

I'm quite sad but part of me is slightly relieved that we don't need to risk life and limb travelling.

The Season of Sowing tournament is still going ahead on the Sunday, but can't imagine that roads will have improved much by then - infact it's just started snowing again here!

5 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

All jokes aside, while it is sad, it's understandable from a corporate point of view. And interesting in a way, as they did cancel the open day but not all other events.... 

Possibly because you had more people attending the Open Day than playing in Shadespire Grand Clash?

This is what the Warhammer World Car Park looks like...

site-without-cnow-1024x768.jpg

It is amazing that they have been able to do this and you can argue that the Open Day should be happening, but it depends on how many extra people it would be as they would be parking on the staff car park as well as in the street, so I think they have made the right call. Also they are rearranging the Open Day and the Shadespire event is free as they are refunding all players. 

So whilst slightly annoying we might not see anything from the Open Day, just think you will may see something extra special once it's rearranged ;) 

I'm hopefully still going to play Shadespire but depends on my wife's plans now!

I live in Nottingham and work for the local fire service and we've had severe weather warning at work for today. Although the car park looks clear there's more snow on the way today and the wind is horrendous, destroyed my garden fence when I got home this morning from nights. Gutted as I only ordered my tickets this morning when it said it was going ahead, but can understand them cancelling with how bad the weather is.

The Nottingham forecast is for snow overnight but getting better later on Saturday. I also saw on Facebook a lot of people saying they would not attend. Not much point having an open day if noone turns up. 

GW showing previews on the site depends when they reschedule the open to. If it is soon they will probably want to save the previews for then.

Although this may seem self-interested (as I am obviously interested in having previews as soon as possible), it seems to me that the only sensible thing they can do is re-schedule not too soon and this implies re-arranging the calendar of previews. Example: if they re-schedule say for May, it does not make any sense to preview the stuff they had planned for tomorrow. So they should include stuff that will be released around July or second semester, which will have an impact on previews organised for those dates, therefore having to include other stuff in those. All of this has no impact, however, no March schedule, so I do not see a reason not to post previews if they had something planned! 

Someone asked on the Age of Sigmar Facebook if we will be seeing the previews scheduled today despite of the open day cancelling, and they replied "We will have to see" (or something along those lines). So I am confident we will see something today or tomorrow. I know my optimism may lead to disappointment though! 

24 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Someone asked on the Age of Sigmar Facebook if we will be seeing the previews scheduled today despite of the open day cancelling, and they replied "We will have to see" (or something along those lines). So I am confident we will see something today or tomorrow. I know my optimism may lead to disappointment though! 

They allready writed, what no announcement will be on this weekend.

26 minutes ago, Turgol said:

More than one asked, and first gw was cryptic, but on one or two posts they said there won't be reveals tomorrow 

Damn, ninjaed 

One thing to bear in mind is that a lot of GW staff had a snow day yesterday/today so there might not actually be anything ready to preview!

Thanks for the updates regarding the weather in Nottingham btw, three of us are booked into play Season of Sowing, but the roads round here (Wiltshire) aren't great so we're very much waiting to decide until the last minute tomorrow if we are going to travel up.  More snow forecast along with potential freezing rain xD

It seems like if a video trailer or community site feature of a new faction was the plan, that would have been done a while ago. 

It is possible they want to wait for hype though. Also, some of the ‘reveals’ over the past year have been lackluster so it may have been we were hoping too much anyway haha. 

It could be that we were going to see a pretty in depth preview on the Idoneth, that they now want to save for when the Open Day actually happens (Which I guess could be fairly soon still?). Instead they might prep a really quick video that gives you glimpses of whats coming that they just don't really have ready yet.

Who knows, but I guess the cats out of the bag now that the Idoneth are coming and are likely the next AoS release, so we'll have to see what happens.

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

Be strong.

I popped in to the local Warhammer shop. I looked at picking up some Witch Aelves  but at £35 for 10 notwithstanding them being nice models I think they are over priced especially when the blood coven used to be £60 or less with discounts. 

Archived