Age of Sigmar Open Day 2018

RuneBrush

We've finally got a date for the Age of Sigmar Open Day 2018!  It appears to be sticking to a single day event and on the 3rd March with a gaming event following on the Sunday - which is the same format used in 2016 (we didn't get one last year).

I'll update this post as more information gets released :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and the gaming event will be a freebie like the two Konor campaign days they had there last year.

I can dream, right?

I don't think it's as much of a dream as you think - it's what GW did with the first AoS Open Day, the event was completely free :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've now had the e-mail about the event!  The tickets go on sale 8am (UK time) on Monday, £12.50 for the normal ticket or £25 if you also want to participate in the Shadespire event they're doing.  [ WHW page ]

The free gaming on the Sunday is a Matched Play event, at 1500 point (battlehost).  It's higher points limit than the first open day and is written in that it's a good introduction to tournaments for new players (which I'm sure won't stop some people bringing insanely powerful lists).  Event pack can be found here: https://20889-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Season-Of-Sowing.pdf

I now need to work out a 1500 point list (I don't think 7 weeks is long enough to paint up a death army from scratch judging by my normal speed...)

Tickets went on sale for the Open Day (plus Underworlds tournament) and the one-day tournament at 8am this morning :) 

I may have got mine already!

If you're "on the fence" about the Open Day (Saturday), this is one day in the year that you will get unprecedented access to the sculptors, painters, rules writers and other parts of the GW machine and can ask questions and generally geek out.  In the past open days have been where I've picked up a lot information on the way certain things work and odd hints of what might be coming along (I knew Necromunda was being worked on at the beginning of 2017).

If the Season of Sowing gaming event (Sunday) is anything like the Seeds of Hope event from the first Open Day, then it should be a really good laugh.  Very much a friendly event with 50% of the potential scoring down to favourite game and your army, so it's a case of bringing along your happy game face and an army that you'd enjoy facing if the tables were turned.

#verykeen

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/01/2018 at 10:32 AM, RuneBrush said:

If you're "on the fence" about the Open Day (Saturday), this is one day in the year that you will get unprecedented access to the sculptors, painters, rules writers and other parts of the GW machine and can ask questions and generally geek out.  In the past open days have been where I've picked up a lot information on the way certain things work and odd hints of what might be coming along (I knew Necromunda was being worked on at the beginning of 2017).

Thanks for this - I was on the fence but after reading your post I bought a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Few more reveals for the Open Day!

First off we've the list of GW staff who are attending - very decent contingent of Forge World staff which is quite cool plus a very good helping of Rules Writers - so an excellent opportunity to quiz them over things and make suggestions.  Want the Tomb Kings to be given some love?  Speak to Robin & Jervis to show how passionate you are!

AoS_programme_bits-2-741x1024.jpg

Next up we've Black Library, the fantastic Josh Reynolds and Dan Abnett are doing signings, plus it's the first opportunity to pick up Nagash: The Undying King in paperback form.  I've the hardback version and it's one of the best AoS stories I've read.  Josh has also done amazing work with building up a lot of the flavour and background of the Mortal Realms so is an absolute mine of information.

black-library-aod-open-day.png

3 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Is there some sort of preview seminar expected? Other forms of reveals?

Past open day's have never had any form of new release seminar so it's unlikely we'll get one (though not impossible).  Normally you see the upcoming models and sometimes a few models that might be coming out shortly (so pre-order the next weekend).  Forge World tends to have what they're working on currently, although this may well be different this year (none are sculptors) and we might just find out a bit more about how their new AoS team is going to work.

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thank you RuneBrush !

Who is attending ? Shall we have a summary or - better ! - a live report of the event, please ? :D

(Even if Warhammer TV will be there...)

Events I attend, I try and put up a gentle trickle of photos as the day goes on and I spot things that are interesting.  I'm guessing Warhammer TV will be in attendance, but not sure.

I am of course assuming that the weather isn't so bad I can't get there... :S

11 minutes ago, Turgol said:

That’s what I was thinking. I hope I am wrong but the hype over and AoS open day reveal of Deepkin will lead to dissapointment. GW is however building hype for an incoming reveal, but I think it will be Gamma and not AoS Open Day.

It'll be a shame if they don't reveal anything at the Open Day but do at other (non-GW) events.  I'm hoping we might get a bit of an insight tomorrow on the live stream.

Archived