Malign Portents

Will Myers

These stories get better and better, very excited to be hearing from Malerion (Malekith). It seems he and Morathi have maintained a decent relationship - this is making me consider DoK as a safer choice if I want to ally them in with Malerion's lot at a later date. Hmmm...

What GW has in store for Slaanesh is becoming a more and more interesting prospect. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Hope that unspoken soul gets out through the other drain. 

Though I know you refer to being hooked and caught by the "lighter" duo, this just sounds wrong.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been wondering this for ages. Did Teclis create the sigmarines?

I mean, we know from the lore that after Teclis failed with the Idoneth, he went on to create an angelic race.

Well, the sigmarines are all about the angelic thing, what with the 'from the heavens' theme they have going on, the gilded armour, or the guys with angel wings.

And now we have this:

The Luminous One has no love for Sigmar. Not since that barbarian fool wasted Teclis’ kingly gift on his own short-sighted agenda

So... was Teclis' gift to Sigmar, the ability to create these heavenly beings and thus make Sigmarines? After all, Malerion and Morathi are talking about this gift being wasted on short sightedness, and earlier in the same story they talk about Sigmar wasting his time with reliance on mortal fighters.

Or perhaps, the sigmarines ARE Teclis' race. No-one said his race of angelic beings were aelves did they?

6 minutes ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

So I've been wondering this for ages. Did Teclis create the sigmarines?

I mean, we know from the lore that after Teclis failed with the Idoneth, he went on to create an angelic race.

Well, the sigmarines are all about the angelic thing, what with the 'from the heavens' theme they have going on, the gilded armour, or the guys with angel wings.

And now we have this:

The Luminous One has no love for Sigmar. Not since that barbarian fool wasted Teclis’ kingly gift on his own short-sighted agenda

So... was Teclis' gift to Sigmar, the ability to create these heavenly beings and thus make Sigmarines? After all, Malerion and Morathi are talking about this gift being wasted on short sightedness, and earlier in the same story they talk about Sigmar wasting his time with reliance on mortal fighters.

Or perhaps, the sigmarines ARE Teclis' race. No-one said his race of angelic beings were aelves did they?

Also if you are going to talk about lore please use their proper names. I am quite sure Grungi gave him the anvil to create stormcasts and Teclis did the whole obscuring chaos. 

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

I wonder what was Teclis gift :P

Malekith was always like that, I love how they changed him in ET and I like his character now much more then before. 

So it confirms that Elves in AoS are more like Eldar in Wh40k all about themselves which I actually love. Would love to read more fluff about them. 

uhh. This has nothing really to do with his portrayal in the ET in fact this is more like his portrayal pre End Times

And Elves have always been focused largely on them selves particularly the Dark Elves like Malekith and Morathi. They don't seem at all like Eldar execept in that they are both Elvish beings. 

There is this kinda friendly kinda hostile dialogue between the Emperor (aka Sigmar) and Tyrion in ET: Archaon in which Sigmar points out that arrogance and manipulation are both coded in the elves and the cause of much of their undoing. Most of ET can be read as Teclis's attempt to solve everything through manipulation and failing miserably, not least of all because he was himself being manipulated by Lileath, who was also concerned only about elven survival. 

And yeah, except for a few events, elves are all about selfishness, arrogance and manipulation. And I would say especially HE; more than DE. Malekith himself is foolishly manipulated both by Morathi and Teclis. And though Morathi is a good manipulator, she is much less relevant in that than Teclis. 

19 minutes ago, Turgol said:

There is this kinda friendly kinda hostile dialogue between the Emperor (aka Sigmar) and Tyrion in ET: Archaon in which Sigmar points out that arrogance and manipulation are both coded in the elves and the cause of much of their undoing. Most of ET can be read as Teclis's attempt to solve everything through manipulation and failing miserably, not least of all because he was himself being manipulated by Lileath, who was also concerned only about elven survival. 

And yeah, except for a few events, elves are all about selfishness, arrogance and manipulation. And I would say especially HE; more than DE. Malekith himself is foolishly manipulated both by Morathi and Teclis. And though Morathi is a good manipulator, she is much less relevant in that than Teclis. 

Pretty much, I recall Tyrion got pretty salty with that comment. I do recall there is another bit during the elf civil war that Teclis said that if Malekith killed his mother he would of been phoenix king ages ago. There is a reason why Nick said if Nagash wins he could effectively kill chaos. Hence all of them are freaking out in Malign portents than worrying about sigmar or what the Aelven gods are doing. 

17 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Lovely story with a lo of little details that makes me want to know more! 

Remember when some people were convinced GW got rid of Slaanesh ?

Nobody puts baby in a corner....

3 hours ago, Turgol said:

Incorrect about Lileath. Who actually wanted to Elves to sacrifice themselves to the last in order to buy time for her chosen few. (Which considered of her consort and daughter along with Bretonnian Grail Knights.) As they built up a new world. She lied to Teclis making telling him the ways to save everyone. Instead Teclis unintentionally doomed everyone. 

9 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We don't know yet. 

Teclis helped create the spell shielding Azyr from Chaos during the creation of the Stromcast, but Teclis did the same spell to hide Slaanesh location. So he didn't "waste it" on Sigmar. That must be something else we'll learn about in the Idoneth Deepkin BT.

Perhaps Teclis gave Sigmar the means to see across the Realms and all he uses it for is to transport his Stormcast into battle.

23 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Incorrect about Lileath. Who actually wanted to Elves to sacrifice themselves to the last in order to buy time for her chosen few. (Which considered of her consort and daughter along with Bretonnian Grail Knights.) As they built up a new world. She lied to Teclis making telling him the ways to save everyone. Instead Teclis unintentionally doomed everyone. 

Sure, but those "chosen few" were precisely elves: it is continuation of the elven race.. That is the whole points of her dialogues with both Araloth and Teclis (when the Haven is already lost). She also told Jerrod that she would have saved some chosen bretonnians, but is she trustable? At least we knew that she did save Araloth and her daughter, so there is at least those elves! 

6 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

One thing about the story that I find curious is Malerion saying the Souls become harder to catch.

As the story illustrates, there is a two part process, one being the extracting of the Soul from Slaanesh and the second catching it. It seems Malerion is specifically refering to the latter.

Add to that this Sould being apparently the first to develope self consciousness before being reshaped and the first to talk and listen and there is something considerably more wonky going on than Slaanesh bringing up more resistance against the extractions.

I see two possibilities:

1) It is the Souls themself that resist the process. Either they are more and more corrupted at their point of extraction or it was mostly the weak and easily shapable that have been extracted so far, with the stronger ones being harder to catch or shape.

2)Nagash has begunn directly medling  with the Elven gods spells and process. He may not yet be strong enough and far along enough with his great work to completely pull the extracted Souls away and claim them for himself, but may have gained enough sufficient power to seriously mess up the process.

Either way, this all implies there is much more to come from this whole matter than each Aelven God having their personally reforged servants and Slaanesh eventually breaking free.

Which is well and good, there should be dire consequences from the hubris of thinking one could just use Souls drawn from inside a Chaos God as one sees fit, even to the likes of the Gods of the Realms.

In the DoK Battletome it talks about how Morathi is secretly stealing more than her fair share of the aelf souls that are being forced out of Slaanesh but implies that her doing this is causing imbalance in the magic that is keeping Slaanesh restrained.

boy I'm excited for the return f Slaanesh! You just know it's going to be epic and exciting!

12 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

In the DoK Battletome it talks about how Morathi is secretly stealing more than her fair share of the aelf souls that are being forced out of Slaanesh but implies that her doing this is causing imbalance in the magic that is keeping Slaanesh restrained.

boy I'm excited for the return f Slaanesh! You just know it's going to be epic and exciting!

I imagine her and Malerion, squeezing him like a set of bag pipes or an old bellows to get the souls out of him, whilst Tyrion and teclis wring his legs out like a towel.

50 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Sure, but those "chosen few" were precisely elves: it is continuation of the elven race.. That is the whole points of her dialogues with both Araloth and Teclis (when the Haven is already lost). She also told Jerrod that she would have saved some chosen bretonnians, but is she trustable? At least we knew that she did save Araloth and her daughter, so there is at least those elves! 

You can't trust that watery bint further than you can throw her. She sold them down the river ages ago.  She just told Jerrod that becasue he had a go at her after she revealed why she'd created / been grooming them for so long.

Nope... never trust a pointy ear. So far up themselves that they use their own mouths to look out of.

4 hours ago, Turgol said:

The purpose of the Grail Knights were to serve as guards. So she would have saved a pair of elves and some humans. While ****** over everyone else.

3 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Malekith stated outright in the story that he knows about that.

So from the narrative arc on the website...

Spoiler

The grand Oubliette breaks and then...

" lightning spearing down again and again to snatch up heroic women and men loosed from millennia of hardship. So too do many races see the return of heroes enshrined since time immemorial in folklore and legend. None can say what fate the Mortal Realms will face in the dark days to come, and all attempts to unseat Nagash have failed, but at least the forces of Order, Destruction and Chaos alike will face the looming darkness with their greatest heroes restored to them."

This feels like a huge deal! GW has essentially blown the narrative possibilities wide open. Don't know about everyone else, but this really  helps me navigate the fluff-dilemmas of the World-that-Was ending, some heros & gods surviving, others not... As a "story stinker," as we've been dubbed, I'm  ecstatic.

What do others think? Is this as big of a deal as it seems?

10 minutes ago, Rungi said:

This feels like a huge deal! GW has essentially blown the narrative possibilities wide open. Don't know about everyone else, but this really  helps me navigate the fluff-dilemmas of the World-that-Was ending, some heros & gods surviving, others not... As a "story stinker," as we've been dubbed, I'm  ecstatic.

What do others think? Is this as big of a deal as it seems?

As a fellow story Stinker I totally agree, and I'm intrigued.

Nagash will go mental as it's yet more souls gone from his sphere of control, the chaos gods potentially can get mortal heroes like Wulfric back, and  the Tecrion and Moralarion road show are probably sat there with massive butterfly nets as they fly out.  Maybe sigvald can restore his honour by trying to find and release slaanesh, or perhaps allegiances have now changed?

What I hope doesn't happen is this is an excuse for GW to throw back loads of old characters because people complained about how they all died off, but I think they're cleverer that that in so far that they've probably sat around a table and asked what there is to be gained by this dude coming back and how does he come back.  ( I know that for brets and TK's that's exactly the questions asked in the context of how do they benefit the storyline).

I'm cautiously optimistic, especially as a storm of magic is coming next.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

As a fellow story Stinker I totally agree, and I'm intrigued.

Nagash will go mental as it's yet more souls gone from his sphere of control, the chaos gods potentially can get mortal heroes like Wulfric back, and  the Tecrion and Moralarion road show are probably sat there with massive butterfly nets as they fly out.  Maybe sigvald can restore his honour by trying to find and release slaanesh, or perhaps allegiances have now changed?

What I hope doesn't happen is this is an excuse for GW to throw back loads of old characters because people complained about how they all died off, but I think they're cleverer that that in so far that they've probably sat around a table and asked what there is to be gained by this dude coming back and how does he come back.  ( I know that for brets and TK's that's exactly the questions asked in the context of how do they benefit the storyline).

I'm cautiously optimistic, especially as a storm of magic is coming next.

This for me is the most exciting part of all! So excited to see where this is going! 

5abdf8228cdda_ScreenShot2018-03-30at10_40_46.png.419c91787109d616c7db9f9a6d65e613.png

It’s much better for the story if Slaanesh is not free, so why is everyone assuming that the god will be released/discovered? I’d like to continue with her imprisoned and have factions actively hunting the location and others fighting to keep it a secret.

3 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

It’s much better for the story if Slaanesh is not free, so why is everyone assuming that the god will be released/discovered? I’d like to continue with her imprisoned and have factions actively hunting the location and others fighting to keep it a secret.

oh sure, but it doesn't change the fact that his servants can become even more desperate to find him, and so new creatures and beings come out of his realm out of desperation and by the same token old champions of his who's souls are now released could join the search in whatever form they now find themselves in.

Because lets face it, when he does get free, there will literally be hell to pay for anything with a pointy set of ears, and maybe he's learn't a few tricks of his own during his imprisonment

Archived