Tell us your Christmas Projects!

RuneBrush

Christmas is just over a week away now, so time to think about what projects you're hoping to work on over the Christmas and New Year break.  Some of us will be getting epicly long periods of time off whilst others may just get a couple of days - but it's still good hobby time :)

For me it's assembling up some Endrinriggers for a Skirmish Warband and painting up my Necromunda gang.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to try and do the following:

- Build and paint a cool looking Bastiladon
- Build and paint some Terradons/Ripperdactyls, I magnetized them to be both
- Build and paint Lord Kroak
- Build and paint a box of Deathrattle Barrow Lords (Black Knights and Grave Guard)
- Paint my Sepulchural Guard

I actually made a new gaming table for my local Warhammer store as we needed more hobby space.  

Additionally, I am making an "airship" for one of my daughter's Aelves. Tgen I need to work on Death terrain for my son and a Wood Aelf tree with houses for my other daughter.

Table and airship progress attached. Airship will have fins and wings and eventually a sail mast.

20171204_150026.jpg

20171204_184308.jpg

20171214_201045.jpg

20171206_151120.jpg

20171206_153722.jpg

20 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

@FractalRain both of those look great! Is the airship mdf and balsa?

Thanks!  It's made with insulation Styrofoam, foamcore/foamboard (has a layer of foam between two thick sections of paper/card), cereal box cardboard (thick card), and an assortment of wood - balsa and basswood.

I won't actually have much spare time around Christmas, but I have recently repicked up my painting after bit of break. Finishing off the rest of my Kharadron Overlords(finally a full 2000 point army with allied) and then after I got a start collecting Nurgle set I need to paint and my wife got me some Deathguard stuff for Christmas. That should finish out the year for me assuming I can get to that much.

I'll probably start seriously working on my death stuff, supplemented by new Christmas arrivals in the name of Nagash. Gotta get ready for Malign Portents (yes I am already getting hyped for this xD)

Of course knowing my hobby habits I'll probably work on all my projects at once instead, at glacial pace, but it's nice to have a clear goal at least!

2 hours ago, Faedryd said:

Building my first 100 points of Dryads and a Branchwych. Would love to start painting them as well, but the weather doesn't seem to be right for priming.

I am worried about that as well, it says on the cans that it should be 15 degrees. 

Never tried it in the cold before 

I'm going to finish up my Stormcast army hopefully. I got LC on Dracoth + a second Fulminator done this weekend so I have 6 prosecutors, 5 retributors, 2 more fulminators and a Heraldor left to do and since the base colours are already on it should be pretty quick. And probably a few more witch elves - they are great models but having done 30 already motivation for the remaining 40 is low!!

I will probably start building some 40k stuff too.

22 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

40 moonclan grots and 15 spider riders. 

Also a magnetic sheet boxing solution for my glorious hordes.  

Needs to be ready for the new grot battletome. 

Boxing is one of the things that's getting to me at the moment; can't find easy and cheap sources of sheet metal.

Currently have a small detachment of High Elves stuck to the side of my fridge.

1 minute ago, MrZakalwe said:

Boxing is one of the things that's getting to me at the moment; can't find easy and cheap sources of sheet metal.

Currently have a small detachment of High Elves stuck to the side of my fridge.

I discovered 'Really Useful Boxes'. They don't advertise it well, but they seem to stack really well inside one another. So I got a big tall fat one and it fits 2-stacks of smaller ones, 3-abreast within it. The dimensions are perfect. Gunna glue them to the bottom then stick adhesive magnetic sheets within them - Element Games sell sheets cheaply (they are not sliced very neatly, but they do the job). 

The big ones are cheap right now on amazon for some reason. 12 quid each. 

2 hours ago, Sheriff said:

I discovered 'Really Useful Boxes'. They don't advertise it well, but they seem to stack really well inside one another. So I got a big tall fat one and it fits 2-stacks of smaller ones, 3-abreast within it. The dimensions are perfect. Gunna glue them to the bottom then stick adhesive magnetic sheets within them - Element Games sell sheets cheaply (they are not sliced very neatly, but they do the job). 

The big ones are cheap right now on amazon for some reason. 12 quid each. 

Thanks, dude, just purchased one as a test - will see tomorrow if it's as good as it looks :)

Archived