Is the Warhammer Twitch Channel Dead?

Lord Veshnakar

In the previous 2 weeks they had announcemants that they would not have content for said week, but this week it is pure nothing. Some of us waited in vain for a show that never came... This will make the 3rd week we get nothing...

As a subscriber I must say that I feel dissapointed in that not only it is the 3rd week with no content but we didn't even received no heads up for it... :(

I've a feeling there's a lot of re-organising behind the scenes.  They were advertising for additional people before Rob left so guess they were trying to provide more coverage and now trying to replace Rob's role.

I believe that one of the issues they have is that they've only one set of equipment and operators, so when they travel to the US it requires everything being shipped over and then back again, plus it's normally over a weekend so at a minimum they'll need to give staff 2 days back.  I suppose it only requires an issue with getting the kit back through customs to delay the live stream.

I felt Rob made the channel, he was excatly the type of person they needed. Good on camera, good jokes, fun personality, genuinely amazed by things in interviews etc.

And just as excitable and hyper active about things as we are.

Perfect for YouTube if he ever went into it seriously.

He was a great face to the company, part of the new gw "fun " again gw. 

Literally sold me the ghb17 with the video he done for that.

As good as the other people are on twitch I don't think they are on the same level for crowd engagement, maybe braken? How ever you spell his name.

After this break I will seriously be considering my twitch sub based on the weeks shows afterwards.

We need a war scroll for Rob, he was great. He connected well with hobbyists and gamers and was a lot of fun to watch. Rob must have sold millions of Bugmans Mugs for GW after all those outrageous product placement jokes. I bought two!! They'll never find anyone with Rob's hair either. And don't forget Poor Eddie, they were a great double act. I assume Eddie is on compassionate leave after hearing Rob left?

It's like the two Ronnies died again. :(

On the Facebook page they apologised for the delay in getting it back on but just said it would be back as soon as possible. 

I imagine they are doing some reshuffling behind the scenes. Eddie is in charge of all the social media stuff, so I Imagine he does not much time left to do warhammer live.

As for Rob, he was a fantastic reviewer and commentator and worked especially well alongside Eddie, but I don't think he was a good interviewer. I think they are very different skill sets. Hopefully when they come back they will have more than one host so they can get different people to do what they are good at. 

Its an excellent channel, i share the pain. 

The best thing about the channel is that it could be EVEN BETTER! Great potential. Particularly the strategic stuff, e.g. could have more summaries of how games went using speeded-up replays or something, with drawn on arrows etc. 

And zoom-ins on the dice. 

And enforce a tidy-table policy on the players!!!

I was in WHW last weekend and the whole area that is set up for Warhammer TV was barren of equipment, so maybe they are having delays in getting it all back from Nova?

Or I guess they might be moving it to a more private area.

I know for certain that they have booked in guests to play on stream on the 29th, so that suggests that they will be back by then :) 

2 hours ago, Charles said:

It is a bit naughty to take nearly a month off when your customers take out non refundable monthly subscriptions . . . 

It is but I think they had issues getting the kit back from sounds of it. Probably should have been communicated better such as a entry on the community site. 

8 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm booked in to play next week so it is deffo coming back.  

What time you playing? May sort of be near there next week so may swing by

On 22 September 2017 at 11:50 PM, Chikout said:

Yeah. It looks like they had customs issues. Can't really blame them for that. A simple message on Facebook explaining the situation would have been nice though.

Most creators would have pre-recorded material they would post on such an occasion.

Archived