Old Warhammer units/characters/items/rules you'd like to see return in some way shape or form

Double Misfire

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Segersgia said:

I would really like to see a new rendition of Morghur. Make him the size of a Ghorgon and release him alongside new Beastmen units that resemble what was so special about him in Fantasy: weird abominations of man-beast hybrid like pigs with human faces and people with sharp hooves instead of hands. Different types of beastmen were always alluded in the lore and Age of Sigmar has more freedom than ever to expend upon that.

latest?cb=20160827005413

That and the Bone Giant. It is a fluke that the Undead faction currently has no Giant in their roster outside of the Tomb Kings Compendium. 

Agree, I made a Morghur conversion in my log, with that very idea of Morghur being some huge monstrosity just passing as a beastman.

Same goes fr Throgg which is probably my favourite Warhammer Character, would love to see some attention being paid to the monsters of chaos. So starting with Throgg, beastmen and Morghur, Dragon Ogre Shaggoths and Galrauch.

Another hand in for Morghur. I'm fortunate enough to own the original mini, he regularly gets use as a way cooler looking bray shaman these days.  His fluff would be easy to rewrite, and the ability to turn crappy ungors into chaos spawn was hilarious and highly effective if done properly :D 

Morghur-3.jpg

Just look at the ungor in the base, mid mutation! It's a joy to paint :D There would be an issue with Chaos Spawn however, as it appears that they can no longer be allied to the Brayherd, which is a shame.

I'd love for Forgeworld to do a Preyton re run. Giant ambushing mutant poison stag is as cool as it sounds. Warhammer-Forge-Preyton-Side.jpg

And being a man from the Fens of East Anglia, the fen beast has always had a special place in my heart.

12.jpg

Honestly, most of the stuff in the Compendium. 

Think it's a bit of a shame, because there's a lot of cool units in the compendium that were cut due to having finecast models I feel (or perhaps overlapping with another unit in the same grand alliance).

Like, take the Dispossessed. Cool model range. But the Anvil of Doom and the High King are pretty iconic models in the range (Based on the fact, they're actually larger centre piece models for an army full of duardin running around on foot). So it's unfortunate that those units don't exist.

Otherwise, I think some of the Forgeworld items would migrate pretty seamlessly but were chosen not to. Theodore Bruckner could been a Freeguild General on Demigryph. Elspeth von Drakk on Carmine Dragon could just be a Death Wizard on Carmine Dragon. The Marienburg Land Ship I think could make it's way into the Ironweld Arsenal pretty seamlessly! (Or perhaps Free Peoples).

But personally, I don't want to see any named characters return at all. Think it was good that they did away with all the named characters from the old world in the compendium update, just a shame they decided to remove the synergies also.

With Troggoths/trolls as their own faction now I'd love a Throgg type character but in the destruction alliance leading an army of troggoths and monsters. Brettonians coming back would be good but i'd want them heavily re-imagined. I mentioned one idea earlier in the thread but honestly that wasn't all that well thought through. I'd like to see their connection to aelf gods explored possibly a faction of aelves and humans, i'd  also love a lot of the brettonian peasant models to be brought back as alternative free guild models. I only want old characters to come back if they are appropriately re-imagined, Vlad and Isabella could be great mortarchs or soulblight heroes and the new novel mentions The Blood Dragon so i assume he's also back in some form, I just want them to be properly re-imagined. 

I would love if they brought back Nippon/Cathay, etc. They had very limited support for them in the past, and I'm aware that most of the warhammer universe is based on nordic mythology, but in my opinion there is space to mix in mythology from other continents.

3 hours ago, Dolomedes said:

A re imagining of the DOGS OF WAR!

I was just about to suggest this! I don't necessarily care about them reviving or re-imagining old units, but having the occasional surprise splash release of a new mercenary unit that can be fielded as an ally in a few different Grand Alliances would be amazing. It would mean that people always have something to look forward to even if their faction or Grand Alliance isn't getting much attention, and would also be a great chance to explore exciting new corners, civilisations and races of the Mortal Realms without the need for the full faction treatment. It's perfect!

20 hours ago, Travis Baumann said:

Screaming skull catapult and I used to have an undead war mammoth but that might have been a different company... too long ago and I don't have the miniature anymore. It was really cool as it had captured humans in the rib cage like a jail.

They definitely need some non-human dead... and not just regular sized stuff but undead stegadons and giants, trolls, etc.   

You're probably thinking of the grenadier undead war mammoth.

they went bust but the lines were bought by miriliton, 

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=skeleton-war-mammoth-with-catapult&cName=fantasy-2528mm-undead

the goblin war giant was the inspiration for my warshrine conversion and sculpted by nick Lund who was  an early citadel legend.

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=goblin-war-giant&cName=fantasy-2528mm-goblin

his giant black orcs are still brilliant and I loved the whole mongol theme he had going on with his orcs

Brettonia,

Imagine  the dying days of the world that was, when the disaffected people's learnt of the ever queen' treachery.

the go to meet their fate in an ancient and deserted city, knowing nothing but betrayal and regret.

as they clear their way through the overgrown ruins they discover a knight in ancient armour, and a man in an antlered mask.

in a ruined temple an iridescent glow.  The end of times has awakened a realmgate.

these are ancient brettoni men from another realm and their Druid.

they cross the realmgate.

in this new realm they find a gritty dark angry race, clinging onto their nobility and virtues but there is no lady.

there are the Druid lords,  harnessing  earth magic and mystical beasts to do their bidding.

clouds of mystical fog, lords on dragons, and centaurs who are noble and despise the twisted beast men.

it means all those storm of magic creatures can be reimagined. And give Gw a chance to expand bretts past the limits that were middle ages knights in armour.

the knights themselves could be an all monstrous cavalry army with them original knight sculpts being the first rung of the ladder.

the peasantry would be bound not by normal style feudalism but Saxon style fiefs, where it was mutual with your lord, your work for his protection.

it could allow them to write in more gritty fluff such as fimir and other destruction forces being immediate foes with the ever gnawing threat of chaos in the background as the realm straddles light and dark.

oh and a natural distrust of pointy ears, as the legends of the end times and the dark elves hunting the humans down for sport have been handed down and warped into legends of their own.

And it would allow for a very distinctly different human faction to the renaissance free  people where science and technology is replaced with magic and beasts of legend.

what do we reckon... has it got some meat on its bones?

Wanderers need so many things brought back! Forest Dragon, Warhawks (though with the riders riding not surfing) Great Eagles, Wardancers, NEW STUFF... Those models would be a great addition to the AoS setting and would contrast nicely with much of what already exists. Plus, the new allegiance abilities are cool and all but our roster is pitiful. 

Just merge the Sylvaneth back with wood elves and share a keyword, make wood elves immune to wyldwoods, bring back all the wood elf warscrolls we just lost, half the points of all wanderer/wood elf units and increase their stats by 1 across the board, add some kind of synergies and decent abilities to all wanderer warscrolls and we may have a force competitive enough to field at tournament without feeling embarrassed. Until then wanderers are just fluff. Thank you :D 

And have it ready by Friday I have a game next week. B|

The only named characters I would like to see are Morathi and Malekith or Malerion or whatever he is called at the moment. They will definately cause some trouble :) the mortal Realms are a bit dull so far - we need some Game of Thrones stuff going down. Even a new sorceress on Pegasus would be good - she has great rules! Take her out of the compendiums! I had to convert one and I'm not great at that sort of thing :)

The dark elf kits are mostly quite new so I doubt we'll see many rescuplts but eventually I would like to see the usual rank and file in more dramatic posing.

They could do a LOT for the factions right now by adding some new Harpies and a new Reaper Bolt thrower. 

I think they are going to start trending  towards the Dark Eldar fluff wise - which I would be ok with. 

I know its an undeveloped army so far and I am probably the only person who bought into it AFTER AoS released but it not bad. It really wouldn't take much adjustment to make all 4 of the main faction lists workable.

My biggest gripe is the the Black Guard - The warscroll gives them the exact same battlefield role as the executioners but makes them really bad at it for 20 less points.. Make them good at something else - LIKE GUARDING STUFF MAYBE???? Y'THINK???

The darkshards are a bit lame too with that 16" range and no rend - for 100pts! Its a sad world where goblins and savage orcs have better missile weapons than Elves...

55 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

My biggest gripe is the the Black Guard - The warscroll gives them the exact same battlefield role as the executioners but makes them really bad at it for 20 less points.. Make them good at something else - LIKE GUARDING STUFF MAYBE???? Y'THINK???

The grass is always greener, I guess. I was just thinking they were pretty good. Compare them to Swordsmasters instead of Executioners for example, the Black Guard don't get the ability to reroll saves in the shooting phase but they have a 2" range on their attacks and better bravery for 20 points less. 

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

The darkshards are a bit lame too with that 16" range and no rend - for 100pts! Its a sad world where goblins and savage orcs have better missile weapons than Elves...

Preach.

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

They could do a LOT for the factions right now by adding some new Harpies and a new Reaper Bolt thrower. 

Exactly, many factions could use just 1 or 2 units more to feel more like complete armies. I guess they just want you to use the Grand Alliances for that though. Very excited for a new Aelves release, think you may get your wish on Malekith and Morathi. Also excited for Half Life 3. And also, bring back Wardancers!

Archived