Post your rarest models!

11 hours ago, Dez said:

OMG every time I look at this thread I think of something else I have stashed somewhere, and how I'm just not motivated to drag it all out for pics :)

I know, right?  I have some old figures that have been OOP for a while (not counting WHFB stuff) but it would be such a hassle to go back to my parent's house and dig them out (though I need to at some point...).

I do have (for AoS/WHFB):

- a couple old High Elf Maiden Guard

- old pewter High Elf Chariot

- pewter Grimgor Ironhide

- old pewter Skinks w/ Bows

- old Cold One Saurus cavalry

- old Suarus character

- 0ld Slann model on old pewter Stegadon (got it as a combined model, used.  Must have been a Mazdamundi conversion)

- old pewter Chaos Chariot

For 40K:

- Games Day 2012 Space Marine

- pewter Tech Priests

- pewter Ogryns

- singe pewter Stormtrooper (older than Kasrkins)

- Armor Cast Reaver Titan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine that I don't have anything too rare, however when things started going finecast I began buying all the metal O&G models that I could.  

At this point I have everything from 7th/8th except a Borgut.  I just don't find that particular model worth the premium ( often ~$50 USD).  The orc raiders are a similar case.

An unassembled and unpainted metal version of Azhag/Warboss on Wyvern took many months to find and seems to always go for $100+ USD on the very rare occasions that I do see it.  It's also one of my favorite models ever and strikes a great balance of Gork and Mork smashiness with a bit of O&G goofy.  It's iconic for me.  This is probably my hardest to find model.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Orruk-Warboss-on-Wyvern

58 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

I imagine that I don't have anything too rare, however when things started going finecast I began buying all the metal O&G models that I could.  

At this point I have everything from 7th/8th except a Borgut.  I just don't find that particular model worth the premium ( often ~$50 USD).  The orc raiders are a similar case.

An unassembled and unpainted metal version of Azhag/Warboss on Wyvern took many months to find and seems to always go for $100+ USD on the very rare occasions that I do see it.  It's also one of my favorite models ever and strikes a great balance of Gork and Mork smashiness with a bit of O&G goofy.  It's iconic for me.  This is probably my hardest to find model.

I don't go on eBay much, but this is pretty crazy. 

I actually decoded to paint some of my rare elves. Maiden guard and a mordheim elven mage. I also got aenur, sword of twilight. But he's not really rare, he came free with white dwarf I think. It's weird, it took a lot of effort (and money) to get them, But when i finally got them i got destracted by another shiny object...

If anyone can remember the old WHFB Army Deals that were around I have a Chaos Dwarf one with extras these are the Zharr Naggrund CD's not the later ones.

1 x Slann Mage Priest (not built)

Then there is my Skaven Blood Bowl team (Fully built and painted)

Also Necromunda gangs. I think I have a set from all the first six houses (Delaque, Van Saar etc).

Some Epic 40k models

The original Azrael and helmet bearer

Oh and there is a box with a whole load of really early Citadel Miniature stuff like Ninjas and what have you.

7 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Always loved that model. The dragon I posted at the start of the thread is currently on eBay for £200! Which is currently $258usd !!! That's insane. And only one is listed on there at the moment.

I have some rare stuff, but not 'too rare'.

A lot of the old Dogs of War range I have, in particular the special characters like Lorenzo Lupo, Lecrezzia Belladonna, Ghazak Khan, etc.

For Mordheim, I have some of the Fanatic Sisters of Sigmar, Bertha Bestraufung and the non-human Zombies.

For Necromunda I have most of the Escher models. Shouldn't have bought these gals, only played Necromunda very briefly with my Orlocks, and haven't ever touched them to be honest.

That's about it really, a good portion of it still sitting in boxes.

Probably Ruglud's armoured orcs. I also have bugman exclusive from bugmans bar, white dwarf on shield held by bugman and gotrek. And that limited edition high elf character. Also army box exclusive metal dark elf standard bearer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Almost every model I have is now OOP, but that isn't really rare I suppose. Though I was quite surprised when I got back to the hobby to see the price on Ebay... If I sell all I can get some serious cash! xD 

But concerning "rare" models, some models that were only sold for a while and have high demand would include Eltharion the Blind, Borgurt (x2), load of Kislevite Kossars and Winged Lancers....

But the real tragedy is that many years ago, at some point when I was moving to a new house, I lost some really cool and now a days rare stuff. This included a load of 5th edition Bretonnians (I loved the Knights on foot!), a 4th edition Wood Elf army, and some high elves (Maiden Guard, 4th ed. Silver Helms and all those mounted hero variants, etc...). Wish I still had around these gorgeous minis! 

5th Edition Grail Knight on footImage result for bretonnian 5th edition knights

Related imagedragona.jpg

On 6/5/2017 at 0:38 PM, Baardah said:

But my most precious possession when it comes to models is this conversion I did. Spent about 4 months sculpting that owl
15a36656ffc033e6b5cb44d40200d860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, really nice. I've been looking for good owl models and there just aren't any. I may have to attempt something like this at some point, but I don't know if I have the chops to pull it off (especially given that I want to do them in normal rather than giant scale!)

3 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Really, really nice. I've been looking for good owl models and there just aren't any. I may have to attempt something like this at some point, but I don't know if I have the chops to pull it off (especially given that I want to do them in normal rather than giant scale!)

Normal sized owls are easy to come by, as they are included in both the dryads kit and the tree lord kit. I bet some are for sale on eBay for easy money.

the only good bestial mount sized owl on the market is the one from coolminiornot. I have one of those and its glorious. The only "problem" if you could call it that, is that the rider is a bit small scale compared to GW models. The angle on the owls back makes it hard to find good parts to use for a converted rider too.... if your cool with a "surfing" rider is no problem though...

because an owl has such a broad neck and wide head compared to an eagle it's hard to get an ok pose for the rider. This is why I made the rider stand beside the owl. 

3 hours ago, Baardah said:

Normal sized owls are easy to come by, as they are included in both the dryads kit and the tree lord kit. I bet some are for sale on eBay for easy money.

the only good bestial mount sized owl on the market is the one from coolminiornot. I have one of those and its glorious. The only "problem" if you could call it that, is that the rider is a bit small scale compared to GW models. The angle on the owls back makes it hard to find good parts to use for a converted rider too.... if your cool with a "surfing" rider is no problem though...

because an owl has such a broad neck and wide head compared to an eagle it's hard to get an ok pose for the rider. This is why I made the rider stand beside the owl. 

Perching owls are easy, yeah, but I can't find any good ones in flight (which is what I actually want).

The funny thing about your posing quandry is that a real owl actually has a very long, skinny neck -- it just looks thick because of all the feathers covering it. A rider could probably sit straddling the neck just fine, but their legs would simply disappear into all of the feathers. I imagine the owl wouldn't really be cool with this setup though. 

You might have seen these already, but check out the Wind Riders from Gamezone miniatures. They ride hawks, but the riders sit on kneeling saddles between the wings. IMO they are the best hawk-rider type models that I've seen. 

I do like the giant owl on coolmini, it's a nice one. I need small ones though for a conversion that I want to do for my Sylvaneth. I love owls (almost as much as I love potoos), and I have a ton of the little owl bits from the dryad and treelord kits. I hate putting them on dryads though because an owl just wouldn't sit still on something that small moving that quickly. So I want to use a bunch of them perching all over my Treelord Ancient, painting most of them in a spectral theme, with several spectral owls flying out of the staff. The idea is that this tree would be the owl version of the classic "elephant graveyard" of mythology. So I've got the perching owls covered, it's the flying ones that have me stuck.

EDIT: I just stumbled upon the thread where you posted your progress on this model at Asrai.org. The greenstuff shots are even more impressive!

On 2017-6-5 at 8:38 PM, Baardah said:

Lets see. My rarest models are the following

Lumpin Croops fighting emoji239.png

a80deaa4fd07ee446fc8ad8e351883ae.jpg
Then there is the outlaws that I can't remember the name of I believe they where a special Bretonian unit
0b89901a00aedd745d13175aec4f3c28.jpg
This Gotrek model
cf072e0be347d88904e246c5b34bdb0f.jpg
This war dancer hero from the fifth edition wood elf book. Wychwethyl the wild...
bbfab1f25bf7c494f838adc7719fca63.jpg
I have dwarven doomseekers...love those
97081166425ac87254dd685e0cded0f1.jpg
The truth sayer and a converted version of the dark emissary
e517b303ddf41e7bd5396b295f2f16e3.jpg
Then there is the awesome slayer pirates. Actually have two units of those
e334f02a2bcd86ce54362707ac865f53.jpg
One of the old transvestite looking elf spellcasters
4428862c62a0860a09847b70d5ef2362.jpg
But my most precious possession when it comes to models is this conversion I did. Spent about 4 months sculpting that owl
15a36656ffc033e6b5cb44d40200d860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome owl!

My rare models consist of the following;

Archaon on Foot

84.jpg

Harry the Hammer 

i1.jpg

Ive also got a whole bunch of old bretonnians (5th edition era) and rogue trader era space marines... no piccies of those tho

I had every Gang Escher model from Necromunda. Selling those as well as the original Gotrek and Felix enabled me to buy Sylvaneth Start Collecting from my FLGS and an additional treelord from ebay.

I had a large dwarf army from 90s which also included a lot of 80s models. Dwarf spearmen, 2 original flame cannons - the 2 dwarfs holding it up with the bellows at the back, several imperial dwarfs, a few of the original Bugman's rangers. Selling those last year helped to pay of some debts. 

My favourite model was the old metal gyrocopter from early-mid 90s. I had 2 and could never get them to stay on the flying stand.

I havent got a picture but i have two unopened blisters of citadel Dr who miniatures. One of cybermen and one of timelords. 

I also have hundreds( i mean hundreds) of 80's citadel fantasy and early rogue trader minis, including the entire warriors and chaos and knights of law boxes, leman russ and wolves, harry the hammer x 4, the original thorogrim....

I have a problem.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:54 AM, Warboss Gorbolg said:

At this point I have everything from 7th/8th except a Borgut.  I just don't find that particular model worth the premium ( often ~$50 USD). 

Just wanted to give a shoutout for the good karma this thread generated.  After searching for a reasonably priced Borgut for 2-3 years (albeit sporadically), picked up one this week!  Not exactly a deal at $30 including shipping but reasonable enough for oop metal.

Archived